Krasnoyarsk State Pedagogical University named after V.P. Astafiev
Description of Krasnoyarsk State Pedagogical University named after V.P. Astafiev
- Location: Krasnoyarsk, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
KSPU is one of the oldest and largest universities in Siberia. Its long history began in 1932, so today KSPU celebrates its 90th anniversary. The university impresses with a wide variety of methods and forms of teaching and education of students. Each process taking place at KSPU is aimed at mastering by students a wide range of cultural values and socio-personal competencies, which in the future will become an integral part of their future successful work.
Faculties and colleges
In the structure of KSPU there are 5 faculties:
- biology, geography and chemistry;
- foreign languages;
- elementary school.
In addition, the structure of the university includes 5 institutes, the Department of Martial Arts and 35 departments.
The Student Scientific Society and the Council of Young Scientists work on the basis of KSPU. Students and young teachers of the V. P. Astafiev KSPU, who conduct active independent or joint research activities, become members of the Society.
Things to know about
In 2005, the Astafiev KSPU was among the 100 best universities in Russia and was awarded the medal "European Quality of Education".
In 2022, KSPU signed an agreement on education and science with the Krakow Higher School of Health Promotion (Poland).
Since 2017, the open university championship "Young Professionals" (WorldSkills Russia) has been held annually at the V.P. Astafiev KSPU.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Krasnoyarsk State Pedagogical University named after V.P. Astafiev
Accommodation, meals, prices
For nonresident students and foreign citizens, the possibility of accommodation in the hostel is provided. At the disposal of the KSPU there are 4 buildings, the total number of places is 1754.
For students, 4 buffets are open in the academic buildings.
Activities Krasnoyarsk State Pedagogical University named after V.P. Astafiev
On the basis of the University there is a Youth Center, which coordinates the work of student associations and clubs. The main task of the Youth Center is the organization of cultural and mass events of the KSPU.
The University has open and operates 7 student associations:
- Intellectual club;
- Joint Board of Students;
- Headquarters student units (CCSO);
- Volunteer movement;
- Psychological Club;
- Military-patriotic club "Yastreb";
- Board Games Club.
Facilities and equipment at Krasnoyarsk State Pedagogical University named after V.P. Astafiev
At the disposal of the University there are 5 educational buildings: 4 buildings are located in the Central district of Krasnoyarsk, another one is located in the Sovetsky district. Getting to each building is easy by public transport.
In the main building of KSPU there are: museums of geology and zoology, the museum of the history of the university, a herbarium, a botanical garden, laboratories of geoecology and chemistry.
At the disposal of students there are: 2 libraries, gyms and a gym, a hall for tennis, computer classes with Internet access.
The water from the educational buildings is a unique museum of archeology and ethnography of Siberia. A medical center and a dental office are equipped.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the V.P. Astafiev KSPU is organized according to federal standards: the division into two semesters (autumn and spring), examination sessions and vacation weekends.
Holidays are divided into winter (January) and summer (June-August).
The main expenses of students:
- other household expenses.
The cost of the hostel is from 506 rubles / month per person.
The applicant must prepare the following documents:
- application for admission to study;
- identity document (passport);
- SNILS (if any);
- 2 photos 3x4 (black and white, on matte paper);
- a document of the established sample on education (certificate and / or diploma);
- medical certificate of the established form (086-U);
- documents confirming the receipt of the results of individual achievements.
Documents are provided in full-time or remote form.
Today, more than 6,000 students study at the V.P. Astafiev KSPU. The most popular areas are:
- Pedagogical education - 1723 people;
- Psychological and pedagogical education – 350 people.
On the basis of the University there is a Center for Employment of Students and Graduates, which assists graduates in finding a job.
KSPU students undergo practical education in educational institutions.
Every year, Career Days and a project competition "My future profession is a teacher" are held.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the KSPU named after V.P. Astafiev in the areas of higher education, the following requirements are put forward to applicants:
- Completed education: secondary specialized and/or secondary general;
- Successful completion of entrance tests or the Unified State Exam (including for citizens of foreign countries).
Minimum number of USE points:
- Mathematics – 39;
- Russian language – 42;
- History – 40;
- Foreign language – 40;
- Physics – 39;
- Geography – 40;
- Chemistry – 39;
- Social Studies – 45;
- Informatics and ICT – 44.
Scholarships Krasnoyarsk State Pedagogical University named after V.P. Astafiev
- state academic scholarships;
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation;
- special state scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation;
- state social scholarships;
- state scholarships for postgraduate and doctoral students;
- state scholarships for students and students from among citizens who have performed military service, federal state educational institutions of higher professional education.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Krasnoyarsk State Pedagogical University named after V.P. Astafiev
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.