Krasnodar State Institute of Culture, KGIK
Description of Krasnodar State Institute of Culture, KGIK
- Location: Krasnodar, Russia;
- Age of students: from 15 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The university was founded on November 5, 1966.
Full-time and part-time forms of education are implemented in the KGIC, the university educates specialists at the expense of the federal budget and students' own funds.
Faculties and colleges
In the structure of the Institute:
- 5 faculties:
- liberal arts education;
- folk culture;
- television and radio broadcasting and theatrical art;
- design and fine arts;
- Alexander Nevsky Musical Cadet Corps.
The main objectives of the research activities of the Institute are:
- development of science, conducting fundamental and applied research in the field of education, culture and art;
- development of educational and scientific technologies in the field of culture and arts;
- development of scientific schools and leading pedagogical teams in the most important areas of modern science;
- education of qualified specialists and pedagogical personnel of the highest qualification in the field of culture and arts on the basis of the achievements of research activities;
- effective use of the research potential of the university to solve priority tasks in the field of culture and arts;
- expansion of international scientific cooperation with educational institutions and organizations of foreign countries in order to enter the world scientific community.
Currently, research work is centered around 6 scientific schools:
- multi-level system of art education and upbringing;
- historical and cultural heritage of the South of Russia and modernity;
- research and problems of preservation of national folk culture: history, theory, practice;
- musicology in the XXI century: theory, history, performance;
- modern trends in the development of the information and communication sphere;
- modern socio-cultural sphere: institutions and processes.
The university publishes the scientific journal "Cultural Life of the South of Russia" and electronic journals "Bulletin of the Krasnodar State Institute of Culture", "Scientific Palette", "Culture and Time of Changes".
Things to know about
Among the teaching staff of the university:
- 111 employees have degrees of doctors and candidates of science;
- 23 employees are people's and honored artists, artists, cultural workers of the Russian Federation;
- 22 employees have the title of People's and Honored Artists of the regional level;
- 11 employees are members of the unions of artists, writers, theater workers of the Russian Federation;
- more than 70 employees are laureates of international and all-Russian competitions.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Krasnodar State Institute of Culture, KGIK
Accommodation, meals, prices
For accommodation of non-resident and foreign students, the university has two comfortable dormitories of corridor and block types for 600 seats.
On the territory of the KGIK there is its own canteen for 214 people, in the educational buildings there are buffets.
Activities Krasnodar State Institute of Culture, KGIK
Students of the Institute take part in institute, city and regional events:
- laying flowers at the monument "To the Sons of kuban who fell in Afghanistan" (Chistyakov grove);
- international historical dictation on the events of the Great Patriotic War "Dictation of Victory";
- laying flowers at the memorial to the victims of fascism within the framework of the Day of Remembrance and Sorrow to the heroes and victims of the Great Patriotic War, participants in all wars for freedom and independence;
- visiting the performances of the GAUK "Theater of the Defender of the Fatherland";
- talks and curatorial hours on issues of civil and patriotic education.
Sports sections of KGIK:
- Health Group;
- "Women's volleyball".
- International Choreographic Competition;
- Balakirev International Piano Competition;
- Festival-competition of performers on orchestral string, wind and percussion instruments;
- International Festival-Competition of Theatrical Creativity "Theatrical Commotion";
- Golden Butterfly Student Film Festival;
- PROKGIK competition;
- International Festival-Competition of Chamber Music "Krasnodar Camerata";
- International Folk Song Festival-Contest named after G.M. Kontsevich;
- International contest of creativity "Let's dedicate beautiful impulses to the Fatherland";
- Cycle of film lectures "Great Commanders of the Fatherland".
The university has unique courses in the following areas:
- "Media specialist. Work in the frame";
- "School of Theatrical Art";
- "Clipmaking. Computer editing".
The university implements the following activities:
- Exhibitions of works by graduates and students of KGIK;
- Concert of the orchestra of folk instruments of kgik under the direction of Yu.M. Kravchuk;
- Concert of the student brass band of the KGIK "Music in the Cinema" under the direction of V.A. Metlushko;
- Performances "Scarecrow" based on the work of V. Zheleznyakov and C. Goldoni "Chioggi skirmishes";
- Piano music concert RUSSIANTRIO;
- Concert of students of the Department of Pop and Jazz Singing "Evening of Romance";
- Concert of the Orchestra of Folk Instruments of the KGIK;
- Concert of the student brass band;
- Student Film Festival "Creation";
- Evening in memory of outstanding cultural and art figures of the KGIK "To be remembered...";
- Concert of creative teams of KGIK in the framework of the educational project "Cultural Environment";
- Cycle of concerts "December Chamber Evenings", etc.
Facilities and equipment at Krasnodar State Institute of Culture, KGIK
The property complex of KGIK consists of 26 buildings and 3 land plots. Andthe estate complex also includes one object of cultural heritage of federal significance - the "House of the Merchant Nikitin". The territory of the institute is asphalted, illuminated, pavement paths are laid, there are security points and video surveillance systems, security and fire alarms.
The Institute is well equipped with cabinet and educational furniture, office equipment and other equipment. In the educational and artistic-creative process are used:
- a large concert hall with 412 seats;
- a small concert hall with 100 seats;
- choreographic classes;
- a library with a reading room;
- premises for working with specialized materials:
- music library;
- video library;
- film library;
- mounting, etc.;
- language room;
- viewing video halls;
- classrooms of electronic musical instruments with sound synthesis and processing devices and the necessary software;
- sound and video recording studio;
- student theatre;
- classrooms with equipment for conducting classes in remote mode.
For scientific events and meetings there is a conference hall for 50 seats and a small conference hall equipped with modern multimedia equipment
The Institute has:
- 549 personal computers connected to the Internet;
- 23 projectors;
- 67 interactive complexes.
In the premises and campus of the university free Wi-Fi zones are organized.
The sports complex of the Institute includes:
- Tennis court;
- Sports ground for mini-football;
- A sports hall equipped with basketball racks, tennis tables and other sports equipment and equipment.
All facilities are accessible and adapted for persons with disabilities.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year begins on September 1 and is divided into two semesters, each of which ends with a test-examination session.
Additional expenses of students may include fees for accommodation in dormitories (for non-residents), meals, leisure and other expenses.
When submitting an application, the applicant submits:
- Identity document, citizenship;
- Document on education;
- Documents confirming the existence of special rights and benefits, individual achievements (if any);
- 6 photos ;
- SNILS (if any);
- Certificate of preventive vaccination against COVID-19 (over 18 years of age).
The largest number of applications for full-time education is submitted to the following areas:
- Design – 8.6 people per seat;
- Social and cultural activities – 5.6 people per place.
The number of students in all programs is more than 3500 people.
The bases of practice and further employment of graduates are more than 350 cultural institutions of the Krasnodar Territory, including:
- Krasnodar Philharmonic named after G.F. Ponomarenko;
- Kuban Cossack Choir;
- F.A. Kovalenko Art Museum;
- Krasnodar State Historical and Archaeological Museum-Reserve named after E.D. Felitsyn;
- Krasnodar Academic Drama Theater named after M. Gorky;
- KMTO "Premiere", etc.
The employment rate of graduates is 81.3%.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants to the university must meet the following requirements:
- age from 17 years;
- completed education not lower than secondary complete general, confirmed by the relevant document.
The minimum number of points according to the results of the Unified State Exam:
- Russian language – 50;
- Social Studies – 46;
- Literature – 45;
- History – 42.
Scholarships Krasnodar State Institute of Culture, KGIK
- state academic scholarship;
- state social scholarship;
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Russian Federation;
- scholarships awarded by legal entities and individuals, including those who sent them to study.
The University provides material support to students who find themselves in a difficult life situation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Krasnodar State Institute of Culture, KGIK
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.