Kazan State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering, KSASU
Description of Kazan State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering, KSASU
- Location: Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan (RT), Russia;
- Age of students: 17+;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The University was established on May 13, 1930 on the basis of the Construction Faculty of the Kazan Polytechnic Institute as a construction institute.
KSASU is one of the leading universities in Russia, the head university in the Volga region within the Association of Construction Universities of Russia.
Faculties and colleges
The main structural educational units of KSASU are 29 departments, united in 5 institutes:
- architecture and design;
- transport facilities;
- economics and management in construction;
- construction technologies and engineering and environmental systems.
The Academic Council of KSASU has formed 12 scientific directions:
- Fundamental general scientific research;
- Problems of architecture, urban planning and design;
- Applied geomechanics in construction;
- Development, research and improvement of methods of calculation of structures and structures;
- Building materials science and resource-saving technologies for the production of building materials and products;
- Engineering systems and ecology in construction;
- Technology and organization of construction;
- Transport facilities;
- Economics and management in construction;
- Scientific and methodical problems of teaching disciplines in a construction university;
- Mathematical modeling, information technologies and automation systems in construction;
- Humanities and Social Sciences.
The most significant projects of the university's scientists are implemented in the activities of enterprises and organizations of the real sector of the economy:
- PJSC "Tatneft named after V.D. Shashin";
- GKU "Glavtatdortrans";
- State Budgetary Institution "Road Traffic Safety";
- MUP "STN";
- LLC "Tatneft Presscomposite";
- Tatoilgaz JSC;
- LLC "GK-MTS" (Nizhny Tagil);
- KVART JSC;
- Kazan Engineering Project LLC;
- Kamenergostroyprom LLC;
- JSC "Tatenergo";
- JSC "YIT St. Petersburg";
- Kazanorgsintez PJSC;
- LLC "Specialized zasttroyshchik "My rhythm 2", etc.
Students and postgraduates of KSASU are part of the teams of project executors:
- under the programs "START" and "U.M.N.I.K.", implemented by the Investment and Venture Fund of the Republic of Tatarstan and the Innovation Promotion Fund;
- on youth scientific grants of the Republic of Tajikistan;
- under contracts with economic entities.
Things to know about
Students and graduates of KSASU annually actively participate and win at the final stages of the All-Russian Student Olympiads.
In the ranking of the quality of admission to universities in 2021, KSASU is on the 2nd place among the architectural and construction universities of Russia and on the 1st place among the technical universities of the Republic of Tatarstan.
The number of teaching staff of KSASU is 320 people, including 30 doctors of science and 222 candidates of science.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Kazan State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering, KSASU
Accommodation, meals, prices
To accommodate nonresident students, the university has 3 dormitories for 1589 places.
The dormitories have all the conditions for comfortable living, preparation for classes and leisure. 2-3 people live in the rooms, there are bathrooms for each block, showers, laundry rooms with modern washing machines, a kitchen on each floor, internet is available in the blocks. Also in the dormitories there is a Wi-Fi system, a hall of self-preparation for classes, gyms. Dormitories are guarded by duty officers, equipped with fire alarms and emergency lighting.
Currently, the university has 5 student meal points for 500 seats.
Activities Kazan State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering, KSASU
KSASU Student Associations:
- Asset of KSASU;
- Student Councils of Institutes;
- Student self-government of dormitories;
- Student Security Service;
- Headquarters of student detachments;
- Volunteer Center;
- Student Scientific Society;
- Association of International Students;
- Student Press Center;
- Student Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Fans' club.
The University traditionally participates in events of the municipal, republican levels, in All-Russian projects and competitions.
The most significant events in 2021:
- Student Spring at KSASU;
- Freshman's Day;
- Initiations into students;
- Activ's meeting on the basis of SOL "Mesha";
- Academy of the Student Council;
- Anti-corruption week in KSASU;
- Charity concert "Hand in Hand" to help disabled children with autism spectrum disorder;
- Military-patriotic game "Zarnitsa";
- "Student of the Year of KSASU";
- KGASU Ball;
- Day of Russian Students;
- Republican dance competition among student groups of the Republic of Tatarstan;
- Meeting of the Headquarters of Student Detachments of KSASU.
The university hosts the KSASU Student Spartakiad in 10 sports, students participate in the Spartakiad of Universities of the Republic of Tatarstan in 32 sports.
Facilities and equipment at Kazan State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering, KSASU
The material and technical base of the university consists of property complexes and land plots located in the Vakhitovsky district of Kazan and the Laishevsky district of the Republic of Tatarstan. The total area of the provided land plots is 19.67 hectares.
The entire territory of KSASU is a single campus, in which educational buildings, sports facilities, student catering facilities and dormitories are located. There is a sports and recreation camp "Mesha".
On the campus of the university there are two large sports facilities:
- Tozuche Sports Complex;
The university has a licensed medical center.
To implement educational programs at the university, the following have been created:
- specialized classrooms equipped with multimedia equipment;
- computer labs;
- specialized laboratories;
- language lab, etc.
KSASU has special conditions for students with disabilities.
Admission dates and extra charges
The educational process at the university is organized in semesters (autumn and spring), each of which ends with a test and examination session. The school year begins on September 1 and ends in accordance with the curriculum of the relevant educational program.
Additional expenses of students may include fees for accommodation in dormitories (for non-residents), meals, leisure and other expenses.
The list of documents required when submitting an application:
- Identity document, citizenship (original and copy);
- Document on education (original or copy);
- SNILS (copy);
- Documents confirming special rights or benefits;
- 6 photos 3x4.
- Application with all necessary signatures;
- Identity document, citizenship (copy);
- Document on education (original or copy);
- Documents confirming special rights or benefits;
- 6 photos 3x4 ;
- Inventory of attached documents.
Submission of documents by e-mail is not provided.
Every year , more than 5,000 people study at the university in all forms and levels of education.
The competition for full-time education in 2021 amounted to 28 applications for a place.
Partners of the university for the employment of graduates:
- Ministry of Transport and Road Facilities of the Republic of Tajikistan;
- Ministry of Construction, Architecture and Housing and Communal Services of the Republic of Tatarstan;
- Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Tajikistan;
- OJSC "Institute "Kazgrazhdanproekt";
- SUE "Tatinvestgrazhdanproekt";
- JSC "Institute "Tatdorproekt";
- JSC "Tatagropromproet";
- OJSC Kazdorstroy;
- JSC "Kazan GiproNiiAviaprom" named after B.I. Tikhomirov;
- Kazan DSK;
- Municipal State Institution "Department of Architecture and Urban Planning of the Executive Committee of the Municipal Formation of Kazan";
- MUP Vodokanal;
- MBU "INSTITUTE OF URBAN DEVELOPMENT";
- JSC "Tatavtodor";
- STATE INSTITUTION "MAIN DIRECTORATE OF ENGINEERING NETWORKS OF THE REPUBLIC OF TATARSTAN";
- FKU "Volgo-Vyatskupravtodor";
- SC "Gran";
- IC "Unistroy";
- MUP "Service of technical supervision over the implementation of city programs for the maintenance of housing and communal services and external improvement".
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants to the university must meet the following requirements:
- age from 17 years;
- completed education not lower than secondary complete general, confirmed by the relevant document.
The minimum number of points according to the results of the Unified State Exam:
- Mathematics – 39;
- Russian language – 40;
- Physics – 39;
- Informatics and ICT – 44;
- Chemistry – 39;
- English – 30;
- Social Studies – 45;
- History – 35.
Scholarships Kazan State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering, KSASU
The following types of payments can be assigned to university students:
- state academic scholarship;
- state social scholarship;
- increased academic scholarship;
- increased social scholarship;
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation and scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation;
- scholarships for students, assigned by legal entities or individuals, including those who sent them to study.
In addition, the university provides material support to students who find themselves in a difficult life situation.
Students of KSASU can take part in the competition "Transport Grant" to receive compensation for the cost of travel in public transport.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Kazan State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering, KSASU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.