Kazan State Agrarian University, Kazan GAU
Description of Kazan State Agrarian University, Kazan GAU
- Location: Kazan, Russia;
- Age of students: 15+;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The University was established on May 22, 1922 as the Kazan Institute of Agriculture and Forestry on the basis of the Faculty of Agriculture of the Polytechnic Institute and the Forestry Faculty of Kazan University.
The functions and powers of the founder of the university are carried out by the Ministry of Agriculture of Russia.
The educational process at the university is regulated by the schedule of the educational process. Training sessions are held in the form of:
- practical, seminar, laboratory classes and consultations (individual and group);
- tasks for independent work;
- course design;
- group and individual consultations.
Faculties and colleges
Subdivisions of Kazan GAU:
- Institute of Agrobiotechnologies and Land Use;
- Institute of Mechanization and Technical Service;
- Institute of Economics;
- Faculty of Forestry and Ecology.
The University carries out research work on more than 90 topics within 8 branches of science:
- Physical and mathematical;
Particular attention is paid to research in the field of:
- Digital technologies in agriculture;
- Molecular genetic technologies;
- Technologies for the development and design of agricultural machinery and equipment.
The main customers of scientific research are:
- Skybuilding LLC;
- KAMAZ PTC;
- LLC "Agrosintez";
- LLC "KVS RUS";
- INKO-TEK AGRO ALABUGA LLC;
- Federal Research Center "Kazan Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences", etc.
In 2021, the university organized 16 scientific and practical conferences:
- 10 international;
- 5 All-Russian;
- 1 regional.
Scientific developments of the university are demonstrated in various international and all-Russian exhibitions, at republican seminars on topical issues of the development of the agro-industrial complex.
The university publishes a scientific journal "Bulletin of Kazan GAU".
About 30 student scientific circles work in the institutes and faculty of the university.
Things to know about
The teaching staff of the university includes 25 doctors of sciences and professors, 91 candidates of sciences and associate professors.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Kazan State Agrarian University, Kazan GAU
Accommodation, meals, prices
In Kazan GAU there are 1123 places in two student dormitories. Each room in the dormitory has a balcony; Laundry facilities equipped with washing machines and ironing boards are available.
Meals are provided by the canteen of the university. Students of the Faculty of Forestry and Ecology are served by a student canteen for 100 seats, the assortment of which includes greens, vegetables and fruits all year round. In all buildings of the university there are devices with hot drinks, drinking water and snacks.
Activities Kazan State Agrarian University, Kazan GAU
Students of the university take part in various public intra-university, district, city events:
- Initiation into freshmen;
- Open Day of the Student Club "TOGETHER" of Kazan GAU;
- the annual Green Wave Freshman Festival;
- show program "New Year's Boom";
- annual beauty and talent contest "Miss Kazan GAU";
- annual festival of creativity "Student Spring";
- festival of the league of the republic of KVN;
- annual open festival of student creativity of higher educational institutions of the Ministry of Agriculture of Russia;
- events dedicated to the celebration of Victory Day;
- action "We are against smoking";
- action "Donor Day";
- annual contest "Mr. and Miss student Voluntary People's Squads of the city of Kazan";
- annual meetings with veterans of the war and the rear.
Students of the university are involved in university and city sports competitions, classes in various sections:
- airgun shooting competitions;
- annual Spartakiad in military-applied sports "Equal to Victory";
- Spartakiad of Educational Organizations of Higher Education of the Republic of Tatarstan;
- Student Leagues:
- Basketball (men and women)
- volleyball (men and women);
- ice hockey;
- in football;
- Spartakiad of Kazan GAU;
- All-Russian competitions "Cross of Nations" and "Ski Track of Russia".
- ski training;
- in football;
- volleyball (men's and women's);
- table tennis;
- in Tatar-Bashkir national wrestling;
- basketball (men's and women's);
Communities of Kazan GAU:
- student club "TOGETHER";
- theatre group "Without Meaning";
- choreographic group Jogy Crew;
- KVN team "No Difference";
- volunteer detachment "SVOI";
- student security service "Rubezh";
- student labor detachments of Kazan GAU.
Facilities and equipment at Kazan State Agrarian University, Kazan GAU
Kazan GAU owns educational complexes and land plots located in three municipal districts of Kazan. In the center of Kazan there is an educational and administrative complex of university buildings, including:
- Institute of Economics;
- Educational and methodical management;
- Department of Research and Innovation;
- Dining room;
- Scientific Library, etc.
Next to the educational and administrative building there are educational and laboratory buildings with garage and warehouse premises, an educational laboratory of the Department of Accounting, where the Accounting and Financial Control Department, the Personnel Department, the Records Management Department, the Legal Department are located.
In the southern part of Kazan there is a campus of the university, which includes:
- Educational building of the Institute of Agrobiotechnology and Land Use;
- Educational building of the Institute of Mechanization and Technical Service;
- Library complex;
- Complex of dormitories;
- Sports complexes;
- Tulpar Rugby Stadium;
- Training and demonstration center;
- Educational, scientific and production buildings and structures;
- Educational and experimental greenhouses;
- The building of the interdepartmental biotechnological laboratory of microclonal reproduction of plants;
- Study Garden.
The educational and administrative complex of buildings and the campus of the university are objects of cultural heritage of regional (republican) significance and are protected.
In the north-eastern part of Kazan there is an educational building of the Faculty of Forestry and Ecology.
The University is the sole founder of Agrobiotechnopark LLC, created as a small innovative enterprise for the educational and experimental activities of the university.
The university has 15 security and shift points to provide a security and access system, local fire alarm consoles are displayed at all points. In all educational buildings, the access regime is carried out by individual plastic cards through turnstiles. In 11 facilities there are emergency call consoles of the non-departmental security of Rosgvardia, and in 8 buildings outdoor and internal video surveillance systems are installed.
Two educational buildings are equipped with ATMs.
Admission dates and extra charges
The educational process at the university is organized in semesters (autumn and spring), each of which ends with a test and examination session. The school year begins on September 1 and ends in accordance with the curriculum of the relevant educational program.
Additional expenses may include fees for accommodation in dormitories (for non-residents), meals, leisure and other expenses.
The list of documents that are required when submitting an application:
- Certificate/diploma with appendix;
- SNILS (if any);
- Medical certificate (form 086 / y) for applicants to the areas of training:
- Operation of transport and technological machines and complexes;
- Ground transport and technological means;
- Documents confirming the right to benefits (if there is this right);
- Documents confirming the presence of individual achievements;
- Agreement on targeted training (upon admission within the quota of targeted admission).
Every year more than 4500 people study at the university in all forms and levels of education.
Specialized partner organizations for the practice and employment of graduates:
- CJSC "Vostok-Zerno Product";
- JSC RM Agro;
- August-Agro LLC;
- CJSC "Agrosila-group";
- Agrobiotechnopark LLC;
- "CJSC "Promintel-Agro" and others.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants to the university must meet the following requirements:
- age from 17 years;
- completed education not lower than secondary complete general, confirmed by the relevant document.
The minimum number of points according to the results of the Unified State Exam:
- Mathematics – 27;
- Russian language – 36;
- Physics – 36;
- Informatics – 40;
- Biology – 36;
- Chemistry – 36;
- Geography – 37;
- Social Studies – 42;
- History – 32.
Scholarships Kazan State Agrarian University, Kazan GAU
The following types of payments can be assigned to university students:
- state academic scholarship;
- increased state academic scholarship;
- state social scholarship;
- increased state social scholarship;
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Russian Federation;
- scholarships to students, assigned by legal entities or individuals, including those who sent them to study.
The University provides material support to students who find themselves in a difficult life situation.
The university takes part in scientific and innovative competitions and grants held by the Investment and Venture Fund of the Republic of Tatarstan, the Fund for Assistance to the Development of Small Enterprises in the Scientific and Technical Sphere and other organizations. In 2021, the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Tatarstan allocated grants for state support for research and development in the field of the agro-industrial complex on 12 topics.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Kazan State Agrarian University, Kazan GAU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.