Karachay-Cherkess State University named after U.D. Aliyev, KChSU
Description of Karachay-Cherkess State University named after U.D. Aliyev, KChSU
- Location: Karachaevsk, Karachay-Cherkess Republic, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
KChSU was founded on September 20, 1938 as a teacher's institute in the city of Mikoyan-Shahar, Karachai Autonomous Region. Now KChSU is one of the main training centers for the Karachay-Cherkess Republic, and in some areas for the North Caucasus Federal District.
Faculties and colleges
The university includes:
- 2 institutes:
- Culture and Arts;
- 8 faculties:
- Physical and mathematical;
- Physical education and sports;
- Psychology and Social Work;
- Economics and Management;
- Advanced training and professional retraining of specialists.
The scientific activity of KChSU is aimed at obtaining new knowledge about the basic laws of nature and society, at the introduction of new technologies and the solution of social problems.
Research subdivisions of KChSU:
- Research Laboratory of Geoecological Monitoring;
- Center for Archaeological and Ethnographic Research;
- Center for Abaza Language and Culture;
- Center for Karachay-Balkar Language and Culture;
- Center for Kabardino-Circassian Language and Culture;
- Center of Nogai Language and Culture.
KChSU conducts research within the framework of research teams formed to study the following problems:
- Geography and geoecology of the mountainous territories of the North-West Caucasus;
- History and culture of the peoples of the North Caucasus;
- Theory, history and typology of Caucasian and Turkic languages;
- Literature of the peoples of the North Caucasus;
- Theoretical and Applied Aspects of Psychological Science in Secondary and Higher Schools;
- Ethnopedagogy of the peoples of Karachay-Cherkessia;
- Issues of history, theory and methodology of physical culture and sports;
- Educational and methodological support of the process of training teachers of national languages;
- Archaeological and ethnographic research on the territory of the KChR as a factor in the preservation of universal cultural heritage;
- Russian language in the context of the languages and cultures of the peoples of the North Caucasus.
KChSU is the founder and publisher of the periodical scientific journal "Materials and Research on the Archeology of the North Caucasus" and the scientific and methodological journal "Bulletin of the Karachay-Cherkess State University".
Things to know about
The total number of teaching staff of the university is 217 people, including:
- 17 doctors of science;
- 168 candidates of sciences.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Karachay-Cherkess State University named after U.D. Aliyev, KChSU
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university has:
- 2 dormitories for 581 places in total;
- dining room for 250 seats;
- 2 cafes.
Activities Karachay-Cherkess State University named after U.D. Aliyev, KChSU
KChSU has the following student associations:
- KChSU Volunteer Center;
- Folk ensemble of KChSU.
8 student clubs have been created at KChSU, freestyle wrestling is developing especially dynamically.
Facilities and equipment at Karachay-Cherkess State University named after U.D. Aliyev, KChSU
The educational process is organized in educational and laboratory buildings. The sports complex of KChSU consists of:
- a large sports hall;
- wrestling hall;
- 2 gymnasiums;
Students spend cultural leisure in the assembly hall for 320 seats.
Field archaeological practices, winter and summer sports camps are held in training and health camps in Teberd and Mahar.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year begins on September 1 and is divided into two semesters, each ending with a test and examination session in accordance with the curriculum.
Additional expenses of students may include fees for accommodation in dormitories (for nonresidents), meals, leisure and other expenses.
For admission, you must provide:
- Original and photocopy of the identity document, citizenship (passport);
- The original and a photocopy of the state document on secondary (complete) general, or secondary vocational, or higher education;
- 6 photos 3x4;
- a copy of the marriage certificate and (or) a certificate from the registry office (if the last name, first name, patronymic in the documents do not match);
- Medical certificate No. 086 for applicants to certain areas of training;
- Registration certificate (for boys);
You can apply for admission and documents in person, by mail or online.
The total number of students at the university is about 5000 people.
Partner enterprises of the university for the employment of graduates:
- Ministry of Education and Science of the KChR;
- Office of the Press Service of the Head and Government of the KChR;
- Department of the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation for KChR;
- Department of the Social Fund of the Russian Federation for KChR;
- Department of the Federal Treasury for KChR;
- Federal Tax Service of Russia in Karachaevsk;
- Astrophysical Observatory of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
- Russian Post;
- State Archives of the KChR;
- secondary schools and others.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants to the university must meet the following requirements:
- age from 17 years;
- completed education is not lower than secondary complete general, confirmed by the relevant document.
The minimum number of points according to the results of the exam:
- Informatics and ICT — 44;
- Physics — 39;
- chemistry — 39;
- Mathematics — 39;
- Biology, 39;
- Geography — 40;
- Social Studies — 45;
- History — 35;
- Literature — 40;
- Russian language — 40.
Scholarships Karachay-Cherkess State University named after U.D. Aliyev, KChSU
The following types of scholarships are paid at KChSU:
- state academic;
- state social;
- increased state academic;
- state social in an increased amount;
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Russian Federation;
- scholarships awarded by legal entities and individuals.
In addition, the university provides financial support to students who find themselves in a difficult life situation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Karachay-Cherkess State University named after U.D. Aliyev, KChSU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.