Izhevsk State Technical University named after M.T. Kalashnikov, IzhSTU
Description of Izhevsk State Technical University named after M.T. Kalashnikov, IzhSTU
- Location: Izhevsk, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
IzhSTU named after M.T. Kalashnikov is one of the leading universities of the Volga Federal District. The system of ISTU students is aimed at achieving high world-class results.
Faculties and colleges
The structure of IzhSTU includes 3 faculties and 10 institutes:
- Faculty of Instrument-Making;
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering;
- Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences;
- Institute of Informatics and Computer Engineering;
- Institute "Modern Technologies of Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering and Metallurgy";
- Institute of Educational Technologies;
- Institute of Power Engineering, etc.
In addition, the structure of IzhSTU named after M.T. Kalashnikov includes 4 branches:
- Glazov Engineering and Economic Institute;
- Kambar College of Mechanical Engineering;
- Votkinsk branch of IzhSTU;
- Sarapul Polytechnic Institute.
IzhSTU named after M.T. Kalashnikov has its own publishing house, textbooks, monographs, books are published annually, periodicals are published:
- Scientific and Practical Journal "Socio-Economic Management: Theory and Practice";
- Scientific-theoretical journal "Bulletin of IzhSTU named after M. T. Kalashnikov";
- Scientific-theoretical journal "Intelligent systems in production".
Things to know about
- In 2021, IzhSTU named after M.T. Kalashnikov was included in the international rating "QS. Developing Europe and Central Asia" (QS EECA).
- In 2020, ISTU was included in the annual international ranking "World Professional Ranking of Universities RankPro", issued in the programs Global World Communicator (GWC), Education and Science.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Izhevsk State Technical University named after M.T. Kalashnikov, IzhSTU
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students coming from other regions and municipalities are provided with a dormitory. In total, the university has 6 buildings at its disposal, the total capacity is 945 people. The rooms are equipped with the necessary upholstered furniture, tables, chairs and cabinets.
Meals are organized in cafes and buffets located on the first floors of educational buildings.
The cost of living in the hostel of IzhSTU on average will cost 1000 rubles per month: the price depends on the type of hostel, the number of people in the room and utilities at different addresses.
Activities Izhevsk State Technical University named after M.T. Kalashnikov, IzhSTU
For the harmonious development of students in IzhSTU there are patriotic, creative and scientific student associations:
- Union of Students of Defense Specialties of IzhSTU named after M.T. Kalashnikov "Clear Sky";
- Tourist club "CALIBER";
- KVN League of IzhSTU;
- Club of Practical Psychology "MIR";
- Backstage Media Center.
In addition, the Student Palace "Integral" was opened on the basis of the university, where classes of the dance studio "Touch" and the studio of modern dance of IzhSTU named after M.T. Kalashnikov are held.
Facilities and equipment at Izhevsk State Technical University named after M.T. Kalashnikov, IzhSTU
IzhSTU named after M.T. Kalashnikov is located in the Oktyabrsky district of Izhevsk. Near the buildings of the university there are two squares: named after M.T. Kalashnikov and Studenchesky. You can get to IzhSTU by personal or public transport, the stop is located in a 5-minute walk from the university.
In total, there are 8 educational buildings at the disposal of IzhSTU, each equipped with ramps and the necessary equipment for people with disabilities. Classrooms are equipped with the necessary furniture, computers and projection systems.
Laboratories are equipped with the necessary equipment for conducting practical exercises on:
- installation of electric machines and electric drive;
- space instrumentation;
- device and operation of information and measuring equipment;
- the basics of industrial electronics, etc.
In addition, on the territory of IzhSTU there is an open stadium, a swimming pool, a palace of students "Integral". 70 km from Izhevsk there is an educational and sports center of IzhSTU named after M.T. Kalashnikov.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at IzhSTU begins on September 1 and ends according to the schedule of the educational process. One course consists of two semesters (duration from 4 to 5 months). A total of 2 intermediate examination sessions are held during one course: from December 26 to January 22 and from May 29 to June 18.
Holidays during one academic year are about 9 weeks in duration, excluding holidays.
The beginning of the reception of documents for admission to IzhSTU is dated June 20, the last day of admission is July 25.
Enrollment of applicants is carried out in 2 stages:
- competitive selection and enrollment of persons entering without entrance tests (according to the results of the Unified State Exam), entering places within the quotas;
- competitive selection and enrollment of persons entering on the basis of the results of entrance examinations for the main places within the control figures remaining after enrollment without entrance tests.
Today, more than 9,000 students study at IzhSTU named after M.T. Kalashnikov. Every year, more than 1,000 students can apply for places at the expense of the budget. The most popular direction is "Construction".
The Career Development Center operates at IzhSTU: its task is to create favorable conditions for increasing the competitiveness of students and graduates of the university in the labor market. Annually organized:
- Career days for university students;
- Career events (discussions, seminars, thematic meetings of interest);
- Cooperation with enterprises and organizations on practice issues.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Upon admission to IzhSTU named after M.T. Kalashnikov, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Level of education (secondary general or secondary vocational);
- Successful completion of the Unified State Exam or entrance tests.
Scholarships Izhevsk State Technical University named after M.T. Kalashnikov, IzhSTU
Payment of scholarships to students is made in accordance with the Regulation on the appointment of scholarships to students at IzhSTU named after M.T. Kalashnikov. In total, about 12 types of scholarships are paid, including:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- Scholarship named after N.L. Gutorovich;
- Scholarship of the President of the Russian Federation for young scientists and graduate students
- Scholarship named after Yu.D. Maslyukov;
- Personal scholarship of the Head of the Udmurt Republic;
- Scholarship of the Head of the Udmurt Republic.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Izhevsk State Technical University named after M.T. Kalashnikov, IzhSTU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.