International Institute of Design and Service, MIDiS
Description of International Institute of Design and Service, MIDiS
- Location: Chelyabinsk, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
MIDiS was founded in 1992 and not so long ago celebrated its thirtieth anniversary. The education of students takes place in close connection with potential employers. By the end of their studies, students have their own portfolio with completed orders and works, receive a state diploma with a European application.
Faculties and colleges
The Structure of the International Institute of Design and Service includes:
- Graduate School of Service and Tourism;
- Graduate School of Management;
- Graduate School of Design;
- Secondary school "7 keys".
Things to know about
- MiDiS is included in the rating "Top-100 educational organizations of the Russian Federation of the WorldSkills movement".
- MiDiS students have the opportunity to undergo an internship in one of the 9 countries of the world: China, Austria, Greece, the Netherlands and others.
- Students of the International Institute of Design and Service won 95 medals at the WorldSkills Championships.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in International Institute of Design and Service, MIDiS
Accommodation, meals, prices
The MIDiS building is equipped with a dining room and several buffets where students can relax and dine between classes.
Activities International Institute of Design and Service, MIDiS
MiDiS students have access to an overflow pool, a gym, and a choreography room. Students of the Institute are engaged in aerobics and dancing, play basketball and mini-football.
Concerts and events are held annually in honor of all-Russian holidays.
In addition, the building of the Institute is equipped with an assembly hall with a podium, where fashion shows of students are held.
Facilities and equipment at International Institute of Design and Service, MIDiS
The International Institute of Design and Service is located in the Kurchatov district of Chelyabinsk. The classrooms of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are equipped with the necessary furniture, computers and projectors, classes for practical classes are equipped with equipment for practicing practical skills, information stands, computers, there is also a library with a reading room.
- Choreography Hall
- Shooting range;
- Open stadium.
A medical office is equipped in the miDiS building.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs begins on September 1 and ends according to the schedule of the educational process. One course consists of two semesters and two intermediate examination sessions.
Holidays during one academic year are 7-10 weeks in duration, excluding holidays.
The main expenses of students:
- rental of housing (for nonresident and foreign students);
- meals in the canteen and buffets of the university.
Upon admission to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, documents can be submitted:
- Personally to the admissions office;
- Through the personal account of the applicant;
- By e-mail.
For admission you will need:
- identity document, citizenship (passport);
- a document of the established sample on education or on education and qualifications (certificate or diploma);
- a document confirming registration in the system of individual (personified) accounting (SNILS, if any);
- 4 photos (3x4 cm, matte);
- passport of the legal representative for the conclusion of the contract (if the applicant is a minor);
- other documents at the discretion of the applicant (confirming special rights, individual achievements, etc.).
Today, more than 1000 students study at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the most popular areas are:
- "Design" — 259 students;
- "Management" — 149 students;
- "Applied Informatics" – 138 students.
MIDiS has about 100 business partners, with whom it implements joint educational programs, paid internships and employment of graduates.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
When entering the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the following requirements are put forward to the applicant:
- Level of education (secondary general or secondary vocational);
- Successful completion of the Unified State Exam or entrance tests;
- Successful passing of the creative exam (in the direction of "Design").
Scholarships International Institute of Design and Service, MIDiS
- One-time rector's scholarship;
- Scholarship of the Governor of the Chelyabinsk region;
- Scholarship of the Legislative Assembly of the Chelyabinsk region.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about International Institute of Design and Service, MIDiS
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.