Institute of Design, Economics and Service of Omsk State Technical University, IDEiS
Description of Institute of Design, Economics and Service of Omsk State Technical University, IDEiS
- Location: Omsk, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The Institute of Design, Economics and Service is one of the main structural units of Omsk State Technical University: specialists in the field of design, light industry and biotechnology study here.
Faculties and colleges
IdeiS consists of:
- Omsk State Technical University College;
- Faculty of Economics, Service and Management;
- Faculty of Art and Technology.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Institute of Design, Economics and Service of Omsk State Technical University, IDEiS
Accommodation, meals, prices
Nonresident and foreign students are allocated a place in the omSTU dormitory on a first-come, first-served basis. In the dormitories there is a security and access regime.
Students' meals are organized in the canteen and buffets of the Institute, all dormitories are equipped with kitchens for general use.
The cost of living in a hostel is from 812 to 1093 rubles per month: the price depends on the type of hostel, the number of people in the room and utilities.
Activities Institute of Design, Economics and Service of Omsk State Technical University, IDEiS
Students of IDEiS take an active part in extracurricular activities of the university: concerts, competitions, festivals, etc. Students realize their creative abilities in student associations:
- in the fashion theater "Image";
- vocal studios;
- dance studio, etc.
Facilities and equipment at Institute of Design, Economics and Service of Omsk State Technical University, IDEiS
The Institute has two modern educational and laboratory buildings, a student canteen and buffets; IDEiS is equipped with a health center, spacious recreation facilities, an assembly hall and 2 gyms.
IDEiS is located in the Central District of Omsk near the Pushkin Library. Getting to the Institute is easy by public transport.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year in IDEiS begins according to regulatory documents on September 1. The end of the academic year is in accordance with the schedule of the educational process. One course consists of two semesters and two intermediate examination sessions.
Holidays during one academic year are 7-10 weeks in duration, excluding holidays.
The beginning of the reception of documents for admission to the IDEIS is dated June 19, the last day of admission is July 20.
Those wishing to enter the IDEIS must submit an application for admission to the OmSTU Admissions Committee, to which the following shall be attached:
- identity document, citizenship (passport);
- a document confirming registration in the individual accounting system (SNILS, if any);
- a document of the established sample on education or on education and qualifications (certificate or diploma);
- photograph (3x4 cm);
- other documents at the discretion of the applicant (confirming special rights, individual achievements, etc.).
On the basis of OmSTU there is a Regional Center for The Promotion of Employment of Graduates, whose main tasks are the organization of students' practices and assistance in the employment of graduates. The center concludes contracts and agreements with potential employers on cooperation in various areas of activity. All concluded contracts and agreements provide for the passage of all types of student practice at enterprises and their further employment.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Upon admission to ideiS, you will need:
- Confirmation of the level of education (secondary general or secondary vocational);
- Successful completion of additional creative tests (in some areas);
- Successful completion of the Unified State Exam or entrance tests.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Institute of Design, Economics and Service of Omsk State Technical University, IDEiS
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.