Institut du Bois Robert
Description of Institut du Bois Robert
- Location: Angers, France
- Year of foundation: 1968
- Language of instruction: French
- Number of students: up to 150 people
- Type of eduaction: mixed.
The Institut du Bois Robert is a private boarding school with a mixed type of education. Founded in 1968, the institution has been successfully leading students from grades 6 to 12 to enter the world's leading universities for about 50 years. The teaching staff responsibly monitors each pupil, devoting individual time to recognizing the strengths and weaknesses of students. The study of disciplines takes place in small classes of 15 people, which contributes to effective learning. Among the students there are representatives of more than 25 nationalities.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Institut du Bois Robert
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students live in dormitories on campus. Residential buildings are equipped with double, triple, quadruple rooms with shared bathrooms, toilets. Students can use recreation and self-study areas, open areas for eduaction.
Activities Institut du Bois Robert
Extracurricular activities are one of the important elements of students' lives. Students can participate in music, theater courses, place master classes in digital art, photography, cooking and journalism.
Sports life is actively organized on campus. Education are held in several directions:
- Team sports: football, volleyball, basketball, hockey and others
- Rock climbing
Creative students are provided with courses in music, choral singing, instrumentation and drawing.
On a weekly basis, groups of students participate in charitable works, taking care of plants on campus.
The program includes many excursions. Students will be able to see the Grand Park of Puy-du-Fou, the Angers Theater, the castles of the Loire, Tours, Rennes, the coast in Guérande, La Baule and Saint-Nazaire. Once a year, groups of students travel abroad, visiting the UK, Belgium, the USA.
- 12:1 – student-to-teacher ratio
- Representatives of 25 nationalities among students
- Lots of extracurricular activities
- Mentoring Programs
- Search for universities for admission.
Facilities and equipment at Institut du Bois Robert
The establishment is located near Angers, an hour and a half away by car or public transport to Paris, Nantes and Rennes. The school's campus is known for its family-friendly, supportive atmosphere. It is really cozy here, because the number of students and teachers in the school is less than in other similar educational institutions.
The campus is located in the middle of a park on the outskirts of a small town. Several buildings with educational and computer classes, practical laboratories have been built on the territory. For sports and creativity there are:
- Halls for team games
- Outdoor playgrounds
- Climbing wall
- Music studios
- Reading classes, club meetings
- Motocross zones
- Equestrian court.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year lasts from autumn to mid-summer. The schedule comfortably alternates between intellectual work and physical, creative activity: lessons are held at the beginning of the day, sports and creativity - in the afternoon.
Students wake up at 7:00, have breakfast and start education at 8:30. Lunch is organized from 13:00 to 14:00, followed by events. At 19:00 students have dinner, at 21:00 they go to bed. The schedule of high school students is loaded a little more, so the afternoon is mainly devoted to studying.
During the holidays, students can stay on campus, on weekends they are obliged to spend the night in dormitories.
- Personal tutor – 1600€/three weeks
- Diagnosis of learning difficulties – 335€
- Subject orientation – 190€
- Intensive English program (two language lessons per week) – 580€ for three months
- Personal lessons in tennis, plastics, music
- Horse riding – 2612€ for four lessons per week
- Motocross – 5750€ for 4 hours per week
- Registration fees – 610€
- The deposit – 1200€
- Bed linen – 240€
- Uniform – from 480€
- Reserve for personal expenses – 500-800€.
Additional expenses will also include health insurance, public transport and personal expenses of students.
The cost of the program includes accommodation, meals, books and consumables.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
When registering, applicants must provide:
- Completed application form on the official website
- Copies of the student's identity card, passport, or birth certificate
- Registration fee of 610€
- Deposit – 1200€
- A copy of the Vitale card
- Health insurance card, completed medical certificate
- Certificate of Civil Liability Insurance
- Report cards from the previous place of study
- Results of tests, competitions.
Scholarships Institut du Bois Robert
A 15% discount on the annual cost of the program is awarded to some students at the choice of the staff, depending on the achievements.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Institut du Bois Robert
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.