Holyport College (Summer School), Holyport College Summer School
Description of Holyport College (Summer School), Holyport College Summer School
- Location: Holyport, United Kingdom,
- Campus founded: 2014,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type of training: mixed.
Holyport College (Summer School) is a college founded under a government program as the first free boarding school in the UK. During the year, students from the 7th grade to the Sixth Form stage study here, and short-term courses are held in the summer months.
Despite the fact that this institution does not have a long history, it was able to use the experience and legacy of its partner educational institution, the prestigious Eton College, to guarantee its students a quality education and comfortable boarding conditions.
Things to know about
Holyport College is home to pets: two pygmy goats named Tony and Simon, named after the two principals of Eton College who have supported the school since it opened.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Holyport College (Summer School), Holyport College Summer School
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students are accommodated in a comfortable boarding house, which has single, triple and quadruple rooms. Bathrooms and toilets are located on the floor and are shared by several residents. The distribution of rooms takes place in accordance with the age and gender of the students, so that each of the residents feels comfortable and safe.
Residents of the boarding house are provided with three meals a day according to a pre-arranged menu. The dishes are balanced and as healthy as possible, do not contain allergens. On the days of field trips, students receive a packed lunch, breakfast and dinner in the school cafeteria.
Activities Holyport College (Summer School), Holyport College Summer School
The summer school provides its pupils with a variety of entertainment: from sports sections to scientific excursions. The following sports are available to students on the Holyport College campus:
- Table tennis
Students can attend sections in their free time or when participating in events: competitions, active games.
After English lessons, activities and sports in the evenings, students enjoy collective communication: discos, barbecues, themed treasure hunts, watching movies. Children also have free time, which they can spend in the boarding house, rest rooms and computer centers or by going for a walk.
Weekly excursions are a great chance to explore the culture of Great Britain. Students have the opportunity to spend the whole day in London and its environs, explore Shakespeare's Globe Theater, Buckingham Palace, Madame Tussauds and many other famous attractions. Excursions contain not only intellectual themes, but also involve entertainment: a visit to the world's largest zoo, Whipsnade, Warner Bros Studios . on the theme "The Making of the Harry Potter Universe", the Chessington World of Adventures amusement park. Students will also be shown the urban beauties of Oxford and Cambridge, the campuses of leading universities in the country and the world.
- The campus of one of the leading colleges in the UK,
- There are practically no additional fees - everything is already included in the cost of the program,
- More than 30 years of experience with the organizers,
- A varied leisure program.
Facilities and equipment at Holyport College (Summer School), Holyport College Summer School
The study area of Holyport College is located in Berkshire, in the south-east of England. Students who come here to study have easy access to central London, the airport and many public places: entertainment centers, theaters, museums.
The college boasts excellent infrastructure: modern classrooms, living quarters and sports facilities, its own newly renovated theater. Sport occupies a special place in the life of young schoolchildren, so for different types of activities there are game halls, a swimming pool, volleyball and basketball courts, a football field and tennis courts.
The school also has excellent facilities for outdoor learning, including a fully functioning outdoor classroom, greenhouses with a variety of types of plants, vegetables and fruits, pens for domestic animals: goats, chickens, rabbits.
Admission dates and extra charges
The duration of the course can be chosen as desired: two or four weeks of continuous training. The dates of each of the courses are not much different from each other - they mainly take place from July 17 to July 31 for two weeks or from July 31 to August 4 for four.
The courses do not require a large number of additional fees, as they already include the necessary services:
- Full board with three meals a day and packed lunches for excursions,
- All events organized on campus,
- Two field trips per week, including expenses for entrance fees and transport,
- Study materials,
- Academic report and graduation certificate.
Additionally, you still need to pay:
- Deposit for booking a place on the course - 575 £,
- Airport transfer – £60-75 depending on its distance.
A return transfer is available free of charge to Heathrow and Gatwick airports, London railway stations from 10:00 to 16:00.
The admission procedure includes several simple steps, most of which can be completed remotely. It is necessary:
- Contact the admissions office to check availability for suitable course dates,
- Reserve a free seat and fill out the booking form,
- Pay the deposit,
- Receive a confirmation letter to apply for a visa,
- Pay for the program in full,
- Get a guide with useful information about the course and next steps, transfer confirmation,
- Arrive at campus.
The certificate, which is received by all graduates of summer courses, shows their intensive work on obtaining new knowledge and skills. It can be used for admission to school or college as one of the proofs of individual achievements, confirmation of knowledge of the English language or skills in sports, dance, theatrical art.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enroll in summer courses, you need the personal information of the future student: his passport data, medical insurance, student visa or residence permit to stay in the UK. It is also necessary to provide information about one of the parents or guardian who will be contacted by school staff.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Holyport College (Summer School), Holyport College Summer School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.