Higher Theatrical School (Institute) named after M. S. Shchepkin at the State Academic Maly Theater of Russia, VTU named after M. S. Shchepkin
Description of Higher Theatrical School (Institute) named after M. S. Shchepkin at the State Academic Maly Theater of Russia, VTU named after M. S. Shchepkin
- Location: Moscow, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
M.S. Shchepkin VTU is one of the oldest educational institutions in Russia. Its 200-year history of VTU began in 1809. The school educates professional artists within its walls, whose names become known not only at the level of Russia, but also abroad.
Faculties and colleges
The structure of the M. S. Shchepkin VTU (Institute) includes the following structural units:
- Workshop of technical means of education;
- Artistic and production part;
- Department of Acting Skills;
- Department of Philosophy and Cultural Studies;
- Department of Plastic Education;
- Department of Stage Speech;
- Department of Art History.
Things to know about
In 2009, VTU named after M.S. Shchepkin solemnly celebrated its 200th anniversary.
Famous graduates of VTU named after M.S. Shchepkin: Oleg Menshikov, Oleg Dal, Alexander Domogarov, Yuri Solomin, Dmitry Kharatyan, Valery Barinov and others.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Higher Theatrical School (Institute) named after M. S. Shchepkin at the State Academic Maly Theater of Russia, VTU named after M. S. Shchepkin
Accommodation, meals, prices
VTU (Institute) named after M. S. Shchepkin has a hostel for 119 people for non-residents and foreign citizens.
When checking into the hostel of the Academy, it is necessary to submit the following documents:
- Identity and citizenship document (passport and its copy);
- A copy of the health insurance policy;
- 2 photos (3x4 cm).
Additionally, upon check-in, it is necessary to collect the following medical certificates:
- Certificate on the form 086u (copy);
- Fluorography (original and copy), validity period – 12 months;
- The conclusion of the dermatologist on the state of health and the result of a laboratory blood test for RW (syphilis) and their copies, validity - 6 months;
- Certificate with the results of HIV tests and its copy;
- Therapist's discharge with the last date of vaccination against measles and diphtheria (break after the last vaccination - no more than 10 years).
Meals for students and teachers of the university are carried out in the canteen for 42 seats.
Activities Higher Theatrical School (Institute) named after M. S. Shchepkin at the State Academic Maly Theater of Russia, VTU named after M. S. Shchepkin
The Student Council carries out its activities at the M. S. Shchepkin VTU (Institute): its tasks are to protect the rights of students, organize cultural events, etc.
Within the walls of the College, reporting concerts of students and graduates, concerts of cultural figures, performances, etc. are held annually.
The annual tradition of the VTU (Institute) named after M. S. Shchepkin was the holding of the "ShchepkinSkaya Tavrida".
Facilities and equipment at Higher Theatrical School (Institute) named after M. S. Shchepkin at the State Academic Maly Theater of Russia, VTU named after M. S. Shchepkin
VTU (Institute) named after M. S. Shchepkin is located in 2 buildings: both buildings are equipped with the necessary furniture for lectures, computers and projectors with audio systems. The Yermolovsky Hall, a chamber stage, and a language laboratory are equipped.
For physical activity, a sports hall with simulators and sports equipment is equipped.
For self-study and search for the necessary material, a library with two reading rooms for 20 seats is equipped.
There is a medical office for first aid.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year is divided into two semesters (autumn and spring), each of which ends with an examination session and holidays. Vacations are divided into two parts:
- winter (several weeks, taking into account the New Year holidays);
- summer (2 months, July-August).
The cost of living in the hostel of the Academy:
- State-funded students - from 150 rubles per month;
- Students on the contract - from 1500 rubles per month.
In the VTU (Institute) named after M. S. Shchepkin, the reception of documents for full-time education begins on June 20 of the current year and lasts until July 7 inclusive. On July 27, the competition lists are published. Starting from July 28 and ending on August 9, entrance tests and selection of candidates for places are held. The enrollment order is issued no later than August 9.
Applicant, when submitting an application, it is necessary to submit the following package of documents:
- Identity and citizenship document (passport);
- A document of the established sample on education (certificate and / or diploma);
- 2 photographs (3x4) (for persons entering the education on the basis of the results of entrance examinations conducted by the Academy independently).
Documents can be submitted in three convenient ways:
- Through the portal "Public Services";
- Personally to the admissions office;
- By mail.
About 280 people study at the M. S. Shchepkin VTU (Institute), about 50% study on a budgetary basis.
Graduates of the M. S. Shchepkin VTU (Institute) work in the leading theaters of Russia, act in films and on television, teach at universities.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the VTU (Institute) named after M. S. Shchepkin in the areas of higher education, the following requirements are put forward to applicants:
- Completed education: secondary specialized and/or secondary general;
- High results on the Unified State Exam;
- Successful completion of creative tests.
The minimum number of passing points according to the results of the Unified State Exam and creative tests:
- Russian language – 40;
- Literature – 40;
- Acting skills – 30;
- Colloquium – 30;
- Plastic – 30.
Scholarships Higher Theatrical School (Institute) named after M. S. Shchepkin at the State Academic Maly Theater of Russia, VTU named after M. S. Shchepkin
- Scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation;
- Scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation;
- State academic scholarships;
- State scholarships;
- State social scholarships;
- Personal scholarships.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Higher Theatrical School (Institute) named after M. S. Shchepkin at the State Academic Maly Theater of Russia, VTU named after M. S. Shchepkin
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.