Grozny State Petroleum Technical University named after academician M. D. Millionshchikov, GGNTU
Description of Grozny State Petroleum Technical University named after academician M. D. Millionshchikov, GGNTU
- Location: Grozny, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17;
- Type of education: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
GGNTU was founded in 1920 in the Chechen Republic in the city of Grozny. At the moment it is the oldest university in the region, giving education of the oil and gas direction.
Faculties and colleges
The process of GGNTU is based on the following institutes:
- applied information technologies;
- oil and gas;
- digital economy and technological entrepreneurship;
- construction, architecture and design;
- advanced education of personnel.
There is also a faculty of secondary vocational education.
Things to know about
The University was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor (from 1945), as well as the Diploma of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the RSFSR.
Among the famous graduates of GGNTU are academicians of the Russian Academy of Sciences A. A. Doronitsyn, M. D. Millionshchikov and the Minister of Chemical and Petrochemical Industry of the USSR S. N. Khadzhiev.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Grozny State Petroleum Technical University named after academician M. D. Millionshchikov, GGNTU
Accommodation, meals, prices
For the meals of students and staff there are five canteens for 368 seats.
For nonresident full-time students, the university provides 2 hotel-type dormitories. Each room is equipped with furniture, bathroom, bath, kitchen and balcony. The cost of living per month for state-funded students is 960 rubles.
Activities Grozny State Petroleum Technical University named after academician M. D. Millionshchikov, GGNTU
To immerse the student in the educational, scientific and amateur environment, the university conducts the following activities:
- Festival of developments "OT VINT";
- Competition of the V. I. Muravlenko Foundation;
- All-Russian study of the environmental situation in the regions of the Russian Federation;
- DigiTalk Business Conference;
- Competition "Science. Territory of Heroes";
- All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference "Youth, Science, Innovations";
- Student online competition "Kontur. Start";
- Russian National Award in the field of creative industries Russian Creative Awards;
- Festival of Culture and Creativity of the Peoples of Russia "Heritage";
- Competition "From Teacher to Scientist. Roads of Citizenship";
- All-Russian competition "Student Startup";
- International Conference "Methods, Models, Technologies of Sustainable Development: Agroclimatic Projects and Carbon Neutrality";
- Hackathon "Design by Schrödinger-22";
- Project "Meanings of the Caucasus";
- NTI pre-accelerator in the "Boiling Point of GGNTU".
Facilities and equipment at Grozny State Petroleum Technical University named after academician M. D. Millionshchikov, GGNTU
University classes are held in four buildings equipped with modern classrooms for lectures and practical classes. All rooms are equipped with new logistics, including projectors, screens, computer, sound (audio) systems.
Four libraries are open for students to visit, students can use a common reading room with a sector of electronic resources.
For sports, the university allocates two complex sports facilities, which include:
- football field;
- volleyball, basketball courts;
- mini-golf course;
Admission dates and extra charges
The process of studying GGNTU in the academic year is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after which students are given holidays (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
When studying at the university, students assume the following additional costs:
- to pay for accommodation in the hostel;
- for leisure and recreation.
For admission, it is necessary to provide the following list:
- Identity document, citizenship;
- State-issued document on education and qualifications;
- Documents confirming the use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Documents confirming individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account at the reception;
- A document confirming registration in the individual accounting system (if any).
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- Personally to the admissions office;
- In electronic form through the electronic information system of GGNTU;
- Through EPGU.
At the moment, more than 8,000 undergraduate and graduate students study at the university.
For the exchange of experience and internship by students, the university cooperates with the following organizations:
- Siberian Federal University;
- Vainakh Telecom CJSC;
- St. Petersburg Mining University.
Having received higher education at GGNTU, graduates become sought-after specialists in the labor market not only in their region, but also in Russia as a whole.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the educational programs of bachelor's and specialist's degree, the applicant must:
- Completed education not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the Unified State Exam are not lower:
- Mathematics, 39;
- Physics — 39;
- Chemistry — 39;
- Informatics and ICT, 44;
- Russian language — 40;
- Social Studies, 45;
- History, 35;
- Geography — 40.
For admission to master's programs it is necessary:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of entrance tests with scores not lower than 60.
For admission to postgraduate programs it is necessary:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of entrance tests with scores not lower than 25:
- Special discipline;
- Foreign language.
Scholarships Grozny State Petroleum Technical University named after academician M. D. Millionshchikov, GGNTU
To support its students, the university allocates the following types of scholarships:
- Scholarship of the President of the Russian Federation;
- Scholarship of the Government of the Russian Federation;
- State Academic;
- Scholarship named after academician M. D. Millionshchikov;
- Scholarship of the Academic Council of GGNTU;
- State social.
In addition, GGNTU provides material assistance for needy students.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Grozny State Petroleum Technical University named after academician M. D. Millionshchikov, GGNTU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.