GOU Komi Republican Lyceum at Syktyvkar State University
Description of GOU Komi Republican Lyceum at Syktyvkar State University
- Location: Syktyvkar, Russia
- Students age: from 13 to 18 years old
- Forms of study: full-time, family
- School uniform
- Stages of education: basic and secondary.
Lyceum in Syktyvkar was opened in 1991. This educational institution is taught by highly qualified specialists awarded with many certificates and titles. The lyceum is a supporting methodological platform for the institute for the development of education and retraining of personnel, it has the status of a Republican resource center: teachers of the lyceum provide methodological assistance to teachers of the republic in organizing research activities.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in GOU Komi Republican Lyceum at Syktyvkar State University
Accommodation, meals, prices
Meals for students in the Lyceum are organized daily according to a two-week (cyclical) menu.
Activities GOU Komi Republican Lyceum at Syktyvkar State University
After school hours, lyceum students:
- Listen to lectures on themed classroom hours
- Explore the sights on city and area tours
- Participate in sports, creative, school and public holidays
- Participate in social projects to help and support veterans
- Study traffic rules
- Participate in sports and creative competitions.
- Highly qualified teachers
- 4 teaching departments
- Cooperation with SyktSU
- Additional education.
Facilities and equipment at GOU Komi Republican Lyceum at Syktyvkar State University
All premises of the lyceum are prepared and equipped with the necessary equipment for conducting studying sessions in them.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the Lyceum begins on September 1 and is divided into quarters.
- Autumn: October 25 - November 1
- Winter: December 30-January 10
- Spring: March 21-28
- June 6- August 31 (grade 7)
- June 13 - August 31 (grades 8, 10)
- June 21-August 31 (grades 9, 11).
The studying camp for boys in grade 10 takes place from June 14 to June 20.
The lyceum teaches on a six-day basis, lessons begin at 8:00. The duration of one lesson is 40 minutes.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the lyceum, an application and documents filled out by parents / legal representatives are required:
- Summary sheets of grades for grade 5 and for two quarters of grade 6, certified by the seal of the educational institution and confirmed by the director's signature (for admission to grade 7)
- Final grade sheets for grades 6 or 7 and for two quarters of grade 7 or grade, respectively, certified by the seal of the educational institution and confirmed by the director's signature (for admission to grade 8 or 9).
When enrolling, additional documents may be required, the list of which is reported by the director of the lyceum.
Competitive tests for the future lyceum student:
- Russian language exam
- Math exam.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about GOU Komi Republican Lyceum at Syktyvkar State University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.