Crimean Federal University named after V. I. Vernadsky, KFU
Description of Crimean Federal University named after V. I. Vernadsky, KFU
- Location: Simferopol, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The educational institution was established in 2014 in the city of Simferopol by combining a number of institutes, academies, colleges and research centers. At the moment it is the largest university in the Republic of Crimea.
The educational process involves the passage by students of lecture and seminar courses, laboratory and practical work, as well as the successful completion of educational and pre-diploma practice.
Faculties and colleges
- Institute of Economics and Management;
- Medical Academy named after S. I. Georgievsky;
- Institute of Media Communications, Media Technologies and Design;
- Tauride Academy;
- Institute of Philology;
- Institute of Physics and Technology;
- Academy of Civil Engineering and Architecture
At the moment, KFU is carrying out such scientific research work as:
- Construction biopositive composites of carbonization type of hardening based on lime with increased deformation and mechanical characteristics;
- Development of information and methodological support for a constantly updated diagnostic model of sustainable noospheric development of the Crimean region;
- Ethnocultural processes in the Crimea in antiquity, the Middle Ages and modern times;
- Development of nanoscale magneto-optical sensor media.
Things to know about
KFU is in the international ranking "Three University Missions", ranking 48-53 in the global ranking of Russian universities.
In the RAEX ranking, the university is in 13th place in the field of "Food Technology" and in 20th place in the direction of "Geography".
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Crimean Federal University named after V. I. Vernadsky, KFU
Accommodation, meals, prices
The housing complex, which is provided to nonresident students, includes about 20 dormitories: corridor, block and apartment type.
For meals for students and staff, the university has 6 canteens, 20 buffets and a dessert café. The total number of seats is 1400.
Activities Crimean Federal University named after V. I. Vernadsky, KFU
The following student organizations operate on the basis of KFU:
- Student sports club "Griffins";
- Student Press Service;
- KVN Student League;
- "Victory Volunteers";
- Student Scientific and Psychological Society "Golden Psyche";
- Patriot Discussion Club;
- Student sports club "Samurai".
Facilities and equipment at Crimean Federal University named after V. I. Vernadsky, KFU
All buildings of the university have well-equipped modern classrooms for seminars and lectures, for practical and laboratory work. The classrooms are equipped with the necessary material and technical support, including screens, projectors, electronic whiteboards, computers and televisions.
Students are given access to a scientific library with 5 classical reading rooms and two electronic ones. The total capacity is 832 seats.
For sports there are:
- Gymnastics Hall;
- Athletics arena;
- Sports game room;
- Aerobics room;
- Football field;
- 2 sports grounds;
- Wrestling hall;
- Volleyball and basketball courts;
- Dry swimming hall;
- Halls of general physical training and exercise therapy;
- Swimming pool.
Admission dates and extra charges
At KFU, the academic year is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after passing the students, they are given vacations (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
When studying, students incur the following additional costs:
- to pay for accommodation in a dormitory;
- for foodstuffs;
- for leisure and recreation.
For admission, you must provide:
- Identity document, citizenship;
- State-issued document on education and qualifications;
- Documents confirming the use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Documents confirming individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account at admission;
- A document confirming registration in the individual accounting system (if any);
- Two photographs (for persons passing entrance examinations);
- Medical certificate 086-U.
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- In person to the admissions office;
- Through EPGU.
At the moment, more than 34,000 students study at the university, of which approximately 3,000 are foreigners.
For students to practice and further employment of their graduates, the university cooperates with the following organizations:
- JSC "TD" Selkhozdetal";
- Crimean Art College named after N. S. Samokish;
- Construction laboratory of LLC "MATTEST";
- Main Control Directorate of the Office of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Crimea;
- Association of Athletes of Crimea;
- School-gymnasium No. 1;
- Evpatoria Industrial College;
- Pension "Beregovoy";
- Center for Emergency Medical Care and Disaster Medicine in Sevastopol;
- Zaliv Shipyard;
- Office of the International Committee of the Red Cross in Simferopol.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to bachelor's and specialist's educational programs, an applicant must:
- Completed education is not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the exam are not lower than:
- Mathematics — 39;
- Physics — 39;
- chemistry — 39;
- Informatics and ICT — 44;
- Russian language — 40;
- Social Studies — 45;
- History — 35;
- Biology, 39;
- Foreign language – 30;
- Literature — 40;
- Geography — 40.
For admission to master's programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of the entrance examinations of the university with scores not lower than the threshold set by the university itself.
For admission to postgraduate programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of entrance examinations, with a score of at least 50 points:
- Special discipline;
- Foreign language.
Scholarships Crimean Federal University named after V. I. Vernadsky, KFU
As material support for students, the university allocates the following scholarships for students:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation;
- scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation;
- Scholarships for students of the preparatory department;
- Scholarships for students appointed by legal entities or individuals, including those who sent them to study.
In addition, the university provides financial assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Crimean Federal University named after V. I. Vernadsky, KFU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.