Chuvash State Pedagogical University named after I.Y. Yakovlev, CSPU
Description of Chuvash State Pedagogical University named after I.Y. Yakovlev, CSPU
- Location: Cheboksary, Chuvash Republic, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
Yakovlev State Pedagogical University was founded on June 10, 1930 as the Chuvash State Pedagogical Institute. ChSPU named after I.Y. Yakovlev has been and remains the main innovative center for the training of highly qualified teachers both for the Chuvash Republic and in the Russian Federation as a whole.
Classes for students are held in two shifts. Each shift consists of 3-4 pairs, the duration of the pair is 90 minutes without a break.
Faculties and colleges
The university consists of 7 faculties:
- physics and mathematics education, computer science and technology;
- foreign languages;
- history, philology, management and law;
- art and music education;
- natural science, physical culture and sports;
- psychological and pedagogical;
- preschool and correctional pedagogy and psychology.
The university has 7 scientific departments:
- Research Institute of Ethnopedagogy named after Academician of the Russian Academy of Education G.N. Volkov;
- Scientific and Educational Innovation Center for Pedagogy and Psychology of Childhood;
- Center for the Study of Russian Language and Culture;
- Research Laboratory of Human and Animal Physiology and Morphology;
- Research Laboratory of Health and Sports Problems;
- Research Center for Psychological and Pedagogical Prevention of Deviant Behavior of Minors;
- Center for the Study of Cultures and Languages of Asian Countries.
The university publishes scientific journals included in the List of leading peer-reviewed scientific journals and publications of the Higher Attestation Commission:
- "Bulletin of ChSPU named after I. Yakovlev";
- "Bulletin of ChSPU named after I. Yakovlev. Series: Mechanics of the Limit State".
Things to know about
Of the 189 teachers of the university, 168 have academic degrees and titles:
- doctors of sciences — 19 people;
- candidates of sciences — 149 people;
- academic title of professor – 13 people;
- The academic title of associate professor is 120 people.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Chuvash State Pedagogical University named after I.Y. Yakovlev, CSPU
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university has three dormitories, two corridor type and one sectional type, for a total of 1160 places. The dormitories are equipped with washing machines and drying rooms, video surveillance systems, an alarm button, fire extinguishing equipment and a fire alarm.
Meals for students are provided by the educational and household complex "Sarpike", which is part of the administrative and economic structure. The educational and household complex has 560 seats, which makes it possible to provide meals to all students. All dining rooms and buffets have a wide range of dishes. As additional services, we offer services for events, conferences, seminars, Olympiads.
Activities Chuvash State Pedagogical University named after I.Y. Yakovlev, CSPU
Cultural and socially significant events:
- presentation of the "Student of the Year" award;
- interfaculty competition "Mr. and Miss CSPU";
- festival "Student Spring";
- inter-faculty competition "Chavash spades";
- competition "National dish";
- "Freshman of the Year" competition;
- presentation of diplomas "Best Graduate";
- Knowledge Day;
- creative competition of first-year students "Perlovka";
- festival "Friendship of Peoples";
- Implementation of youth projects:
- "Week of Spiritual and Moral Development";
- "School of Freshmen Activists";
- "To students from students."
Support for volunteer initiatives made it possible to organize a Volunteer Center on the basis of the university in 2021, which brought together the Corporation of Goodness, volunteers of the Constitution, volunteers of Victory and volunteers of Enlightenment.
The university has organized the work of sections in 14 sports.
- Cooperation with foreign universities;
- Targeted training in state-funded places.
Facilities and equipment at Chuvash State Pedagogical University named after I.Y. Yakovlev, CSPU
The educational process at the university is organized in 8 educational buildings and educational laboratories. Under the jurisdiction of the university are in permanent (indefinite) use of 7 land plots.
In the educational buildings there are:
- 138 classrooms;
- 122 laboratories;
- training workshops;
- specialized offices;
- 16 computer classes, including an electronic reading room and a mobile computer lab;
- 15 sports and gyms;
- 3 assembly halls;
- 1 concert hall;
- an open training and laboratory area with an overpass;
- agrobiological station.
In the educational process for all forms of education, the following are used:
- 13 photocopiers;
- 128 MFPs;
- 51 scanners;
- 622 computers;
- 135 laptops;
- 32 tablet computers;
- 34 interactive whiteboards;
- 93 TVs;
- 72 multimedia projectors, etc.
Educational buildings are united into a single local network. There are 24 Wi-Fi-based wireless access points on the territory of the university, providing free Internet access through Rostelecom providers.
The university has its own printing house. On the territory of the reading room of the main building of the library there is a Center for Collective Access (co-working center).
The Scientific Library of ChSPU named after I.Y. Yakovlev is:
- 6 branch and specialized reading rooms;
- 156 seats;
- 752,000 items, including 9,400 pre-revolutionary and rare books;
- more than 70 thousand network electronic documents;
- 122 thousand visits per year;
- 16 specialists.
For physical education, the university has created an appropriate infrastructure:
- 15 sports and gyms;
- an outdoor stadium with beach volleyball and five-a-side football courts, a football field, jogging and basketball courts;
- summer training pool (aquazone).
For the organization of active recreation of students, the university has a swimming pool (sports and recreation complex).
Medical care for students: First Cheboksary City Hospital named after Osipov Pyotr Nikolaevich. At the university there is a sanatorium-preventorium "Dream".
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year begins on September 1 and is divided into two semesters, each of which ends with a test and examination session in accordance with the curriculum. In the school year, holidays are established with a total duration of at least 7 weeks.
Additional expenses may include fees for accommodation in dormitories (for nonresidents), meals, leisure and other expenses.
For admission, you must provide:
- Document on education (certificate / diploma) with an appendix;
- Passport (or other identity document) – pages with a photo and registration;
- Documents confirming benefits (if any);
- Documents confirming individual achievements (if any).
Applicants undergo a mandatory preliminary medical examination.
You can apply for admission and documents in person, by mail or online.
About 5000 students study at ChSPU named after I.Y. Yakovlev in all forms and basics of education. Every year, more than 1000 applicants join the ranks of students of the university.
The university is taking a number of measures aimed at effectively promoting the employment of graduates:
- creation and development of a base for all types of practices;
- involvement of leading practitioners in the educational process;
- development of practice-oriented term papers and theses and their implementation by students at the request of employers;
- formation of graduates' competencies aimed at effective employment;
- the work of the Alumni Employment Center;
- the use of the program "Graduate Employment System", which combines a geographic information visualization system with the Database System of Vacancies of Schools of the Chuvash Republic and resumes of university graduates;
- interaction between student applicants and employers on the platform of the university's digital career environment at the Faculty.
Within the framework of the agreement on cooperation and joint activities between the Cabinet of Ministers of the Chuvash Republic, work is underway with the Ministry of Education and Youth Policy of the Chuvash Republic, with city and municipal education authorities to identify vacancies in educational institutions. Information on the availability of vacancies is communicated to graduates in a timely manner.
It has become traditional to hold such events as:
- Career Day;
- meetings of graduates with heads of organizations and institutions on employment issues;
- Annual Job Fair.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants to the university must meet the following requirements:
- age from 17 years;
- completed education is not lower than secondary complete general, confirmed by the relevant document.
The minimum number of points according to the results of the exam:
- Mathematics — 39;
- Social Studies — 45;
- Foreign language – 30;
- Biology, 39;
- Russian language — 40.
Scholarships Chuvash State Pedagogical University named after I.Y. Yakovlev, CSPU
The following types of scholarships are paid at ChSPU named after I.Y. Yakovlev:
- state academic;
- state social;
In addition, the university provides financial support to students who find themselves in a difficult life situation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Chuvash State Pedagogical University named after I.Y. Yakovlev, CSPU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.