Chuvash State Agrarian University, Chuvash GAU
Description of Chuvash State Agrarian University, Chuvash GAU
- Location: Cheboksary, Chuvash Republic, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type : mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
Chuvash GAU was founded on May 22, 1931 as the Chuvash Agricultural Institute. The functions and powers of the founder of the university are carried out by the Ministry of Agriculture of Russia.
The university practices traditional forms of organization of the educational process:
- practical and seminar classes;
- extracurricular activities.
Faculties and colleges
The structure of the university has 4 faculties:
- biotechnology and agronomy;
- veterinary medicine and zootechnics;
Scientific schools of chuvash GAU:
- "Forecasting of erosion processes and development of equipment and technology for the treatment of slope lands";
- "Increasing the productivity of farm animals and birds through the use of new feed products and biologically active substances in diets";
- "Development of resource-saving technologies for the cultivation of crops in the Chuvash Republic";
- "The system of realization of the adaptive, productive and reproductive potential of animals and poultry in ensuring import substitution";
- "Increasing the productivity and quality of agricultural raw materials and processed products".
Things to know about
Among the teachers of the university there are 92 candidates and 27 doctors of science. Among the employees are honored inventors of Chuvashia.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Chuvash State Agrarian University, Chuvash GAU
Accommodation, meals, prices
For students, the Academy has 5 dormitories in Cheboksary and 2 dormitories in the Cheboksary district in the Educational, Scientific and Production Center "Student". Internet access is available in all student dormitories.
The cost of living in dormitories is set at 570-1200 rubles, depending on the form of education.
In 2 educational buildings of the university there are 2 canteens and 2 buffets for 200 seats. Hot meal services are provided by a private entrepreneur.
Activities Chuvash State Agrarian University, Chuvash GAU
On the basis of the Chuvash GAU there are many student associations:
- Student Council of the Chuvash GAU;
- media center "Student of the Chuvash GAU";
- KVN teams "Bullet" and "Agrarian";
- Agrofam Theatre Group;
- Chuvash GAU team — «Life Game»
- ensemble THEMOSTMUSICAL;
- ensemble "AgroVOICE";
- dance groups "Up" and G-fam;
- Student labor groups:
- Agricultural detachments:
- "Green City";
- KAMAZ auto detachment;
- pedagogical detachment "Solar Wind";
- zhemchuzhina service squad;
- Khozagro Economic Detachment;
- Veterinary Detachment "Zootopia";
- mechanized detachment of the Chuvash GAU.
- Agricultural detachments:
For the adaptation of first-year students, a number of events of various nature are carried out:
- "Quest of freshmen";
- creative contest "My Group";
- "School of Active Freshmen" on the basis of the DOL "Sun";
- creative contest "Young Talents".
Every year, the university holds a university stage of the intellectual game "What? Where is? When?"
Students of Chuvash GAU are participants of:
- League of intellectual games "Samovar";
- the republican stage of the intellectual Olympiad "IQ of the Volga Federal District";
- intellectual tournament "Parliamentary Debates";
- intellectual game "Eco-tournament".
The university has the following sections:
- basketball (men's and women's);
- volleyball (men's and women's);
- mini-football (men's and women's);
- ice hockey;
- freestyle wrestling (men's and women's);
- kettlebell sport;
- polyathlon (winter and summer);
- cross-country skiing;
- table tennis.
In addition, students of the Chuvash GAU are engaged in biathlon, powerlifting, swimming and other sports in various sections of sports schools and sports centers in Cheboksary.
Traditionally, intra-university sports and mass events are popular among students and teachers of the Chuvash GAU:
- Spartakiad of freshmen;
- Spartakiad of Faculties;
- Spartakiad of faculty and staff;
- Tournaments for the prizes of the rector in freestyle wrestling, kettlebell sports and volleyball;
- Mini-football tournament among foreign students.
Facilities and equipment at Chuvash State Agrarian University, Chuvash GAU
Chuvash GAU has the following educational and laboratory buildings:
- educational building No1;
- educational building No2;
- educational and laboratory building;
- educational building of the Faculty of Agricultural Mechanization;
- 4-storey educational building of the Faculty of Agricultural Mechanization and the Department of Physical Education with a basement floor;
- the building of the educational building.
Of the 18 land plots used by the university, 6 land plots are for agricultural purposes, and the remaining 12 are for the operation of buildings and structures.
Material and technical base of the university for practical education of students:
- landscape design laboratory;
- laboratory of innovative technologies in protected ground;
- Laboratory of Selection and Seed Production;
- plant protection laboratory;
- GIS "Panorama Agriculture";
- educational and research laboratory of milk and dairy products technology;
- scientific and production laboratory for bakery;
- veterinary clinic "Whiskers, paws, tail";
- interactive education complex "Pharmacologist-1.01";
- SELEX information and analytical system;
- laboratory of clinical and hematological studies;
- a bank established in cooperation with Rosselkhozbank;
- specialized audiences;
- innovative experimental laboratories;
- workshops equipped with modern machines;
- ground for practicing practical skills in the operation and maintenance of transport and technological means, driving tractors and cars of various categories;
- ATS technical inspection station;
- classes of JSC "MTW", JSC "Gomselmash" OJSC "Rostselmash".
UNPC "Studencheskiy" - a structural subdivision of the Chuvash GAU - is located in the village of Kshaushi, Cheboksary district, 40 km from the city of Cheboksary.
The area of arable land of the UNPC is more than 300 hectares, on which:
- greenhouse farming is underway;
- there are perennial plantations:
- nursery of fruit and berry crops is conducted;
- there is a solid fleet of automobile and tractor machinery, the necessary agricultural machinery;
- there is a livestock farm that contains:
- pigs of the local breed "Tsivilskaya";
The library of the university has 37 computers, including 30 for readers in two electronic reading rooms in the main building and the reading room of the Faculty of Engineering.
- sports complex with:
- wrestling hall;
- halls for aerobics and volleyball;
- kettlebell sports hall;
- boxing hall;
- chess club;
- the back of the choreography.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year begins on September 1 and is divided into two semesters, each of which ends with a test-examination session in accordance with the curriculum of the relevant educational program.
Additional expenses of students may include fees for accommodation in dormitories (for non-residents), meals, leisure and other expenses.
The following documents are required for admission:
- document on education - a certificate or diploma;
- documents confirming special rights, individual achievements and benefits.
You can submit an application for admission and documents in person, by mail or online.
The total contingent of students at the university is about 4000 people.
In order to promote the employment of graduates, the Center for Practice and Employment has been organized at the university.
The main partner organizations of the Chuvash GAU:
- JSC "Privolzhskoe" of Cheboksary district;
- Chuvash Republican Veterinary Laboratory;
- Mega Yurma LLC;
- LLC "Chebomilk" of Cheboksary district;
- Kirov Agricultural Complex named after S. Kirov, Kanashsky District;
- Chuvash regional branch of JSC "Russian Agricultural Bank";
- Universal-Agro LLC;
- Cheboksary Elevator, a branch of Chuvashkhleboproduct JSC;
- Cheboksary Meat Processing Plant;
- JSC "Firma Akkond-agro";
- KAMAZ PTC;
- PC "Promtractor";
- CJSC "Batyrevskoe";
- Branch of the Federal State Budgetary Institution "Russian Agricultural Center" in the Chuvash Republic;
- Vurnar Meat Processing Plant;
- Private Pension Fund "Bouquet of Chuvashia";
- Agricultural firm "Glory to potatoes";
- Rosselkhoznadzor Department for the Chuvash Republic;
- NPP "Engineer";
- SZ "ISKO-CH" et al.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants to the university must meet the following requirements:
- age from 17 years;
- completed education not lower than secondary complete general, confirmed by the relevant document.
The minimum number of points according to the results of the Unified State Exam:
- Informatics and ICT, 40;
- Physics — 36;
- Foreign language — 22;
- Chemistry — 36;
- Mathematics , 27;
- Biology, 36;
- Geography — 37;
- Social Studies, 42;
- History, 32;
- Russian language — 36.
Scholarships Chuvash State Agrarian University, Chuvash GAU
The following types of scholarships are paid in the Chuvash GAU:
- state academic;
- state social;
- advanced state academic;
- state social in an increased amount;
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Russian Federation;
- personal scholarships of federal state bodies, state authorities of Chuvashia, local self-government bodies, legal entities and individuals;
- scholarship of the academic council of the university.
In addition, the university provides material support to students who find themselves in a difficult life situation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Chuvash State Agrarian University, Chuvash GAU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.