Cherepovets State University, ChSU
Description of Cherepovets State University, ChSU
- Location: Cherepovets, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The university was founded in 1996 in the city of Cherepovets, at the moment it is a regional flagship university. In 2002, ChSU joined the Eurasian Association of Universities.
Faculties and colleges
The educational process is carried out on the basis of the following administrative and educational units:
- Institute of Information Technologies;
- Institute of Humanities;
- Engineering and Technical Institute;
- Institute of Pedagogy and Psychology;
- Business School;
- Faculty of Biology and Human Health.
ChSU is engaged in printing its own scientific journals, which reflect the results of the work of students, graduate students and teachers of the university:
- "Bulletin of Cherepovets State University" – 6 times a year;
- "Historia provinciae – journal of regional history" – 4 times a year;
- "Transformation of ecosystems" – 4 times a year.
For the university, the following areas are priorities in scientific work:
- Ecology of plants and animals;
- Industrial and ore mineralogy;
- IRMS research;
- Economics and organization of industry;
- Linguistic-cognitive analysis of language units.
Things to know about
The university conducts international cooperation with such universities as:
- Liaoyuan Vocational Institute;
- Changchun Normal University;
- Tajik Technical University named after academician M. S. Osimi;
- Belarusian State Technological University;
- University of Sunderland;
- Oulu University of Applied Sciences.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Cherepovets State University, ChSU
Accommodation, meals, prices
To organize meals for students and staff, the university has two canteens and buffets. The total number of seats is 159.
For nonresident full-time students, the university provides 3 dormitories in the central district of the city. In addition to kitchens and showers, the buildings have gyms and laundry facilities. The total number of residential places is more than 800. The cost of living per month is 343 rubles (for students studying on the budget).
Activities Cherepovets State University, ChSU
To involve students in the social and scientific life of the university, the university organizes events:
- Master class on graphic design;
- Charity interactives for schoolchildren;
- Hackathon to create models of digital production sites;
- Conference "With science in the future".
On the basis of the university, the House of Scientific Collaboration is active - a center for additional education for children and teachers.
Facilities and equipment at Cherepovets State University, ChSU
Studies take place in 5 buildings of the university, which are equipped with classrooms for seminar and lecture classes, laboratory and workshops. The classrooms are equipped with the necessary material and technical equipment: projectors, screens, computers and laptops, specialized equipment for practical exercises.
Students have free access to the university's three study libraries.
For sports, the university provides students with a sports and recreation complex and a sports and recreation complex, which are equipped with all the necessary devices for persons with disabilities and disabilities.
Admission dates and extra charges
In CSU, the academic year is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after which students are given holidays (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
When studying at the university, students assume the following additional costs:
- to pay for accommodation in the hostel;
- for leisure and recreation.
For admission to the university it is necessary to provide:
- Identity document, citizenship;
- State-issued document on education and qualifications;
- Documents confirming the use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Documents confirming individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account at the reception;
- 4 photos 3x4 (for persons entering the results of entrance examinations conducted by CSU independently).
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- Personally to the admissions office;
- In electronic form through the electronic information system of CSU;
- Through EPGU.
According to the results of the admission campaign of 2022, 947 applicants were accepted for full-time education, of which 882 entered the budget. The average passing score was 199.31.
To conduct practice and further employment of its graduates, the university cooperates with the following enterprises:
- PAO Severstal;
- OAO Severstal-Metiz;
- Northern Intersectoral Company "Alternativa";
- Non-profit organization "Foundation for Regional Problems";
- Aquaculture LLC;
- LLC "Ecoshlak-recycling";
- Research and Design Institute of Energy and Transport "ENERGOTRANSPROEKT";
- Nordincraft Company;
- CJSC "Ultracraft";
- Department of Capital Construction and Repairs;
- LLC "TD Ivan Chaikin";
- Karelian regional public organization "Sports and Health Club RED PANDA";
- LLC "Thermal Element".
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the educational programs of bachelor's and specialist's degree, the applicant must:
- Completed education not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the Unified State Exam are not lower:
- Mathematics, 39;
- Physics — 39;
- Chemistry — 39;
- Informatics and ICT, 44;
- Russian language — 40;
- Social Studies, 45;
- History, 35;
- Biology, 39;
- Foreign language — 30;
- Literature: 40;
- Geography — 40.
For admission to master's programs it is necessary:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of the university's entrance tests with scores not lower than 40.
For admission to postgraduate programs it is necessary:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful passing of entrance tests, with scores not lower than 70:
- Special discipline;
- Foreign language.
Scholarships Cherepovets State University, ChSU
- State academic scholarship - from 1852 rubles;
- State social scholarship – 3000 rubles;
- Scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation;
- Scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation;
- Personal scholarships.
In addition, the university provides material assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Cherepovets State University, ChSU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.