Buryat State University named after Dorji Banzarov, BSU
Description of Buryat State University named after Dorji Banzarov, BSU
- Location: Ulan-Ude, Republic of Buryatia, Russia;
- Age of students: from 15 years;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
Buryat State University named after Dorji Banzarov was founded on February 10, 1932 as the Buryat-Mongolian Agropedagogical Institute.
The university practices traditional forms of organization of the educational process:
- practical and seminar classes;
- extracurricular work.
Faculties and colleges
The university includes:
- 7 faculties:
- Biology, Geography and Land Use;
- Physical culture, sports and tourism;
- Physical and technical;
- 6 institutes:
- Mathematics and Computer Science;
- Philology, Foreign Languages and Mass Communications;
- Economics and Management;
- BSU College.
The research activities of BSU are carried out on the basis of integration with academic science. The university conducts research in the following areas of scientific specialties:
- in the field of physical and mathematical sciences:
- "Cubature formulas and their applications";
- "Problems of Glassy State Physics", etc.;
- in the field of chemical sciences:
- "Polymer systems for structural and biomedical purposes";
- "Development of functional materials based on natural aluminosilicates", etc.;
- In the field of biological sciences:
- "Ecological and biological assessment of the state of ecosystems of Baikal Siberia and adjacent territories";
- "Development of scientific recommendations on balneological resources in the territory of the Republic of Buryatia", etc.;
- in the field of historical sciences and archeology:
- "State-confessional relations in the context of the transformation of Russian society";
- "Socio-economic, political and cultural development of the Baikal region (con. XIX-XXI centuries.) ", etc.;
- in the field of philological sciences:
- "Comparative and typological studies of languages of different structures";
- "Theoretical and Applied Aspects of the Phonological and Phonetic Description of the Variability of Segmental and Supersegmental Units of Languages of Different Systems", etc.;
- in the field of philosophical sciences:
- "The intelligentsia of Tuva at the turn of the XX-XXI centuries";
- "System analysis of socio-cultural processes in the context of globalization";
- in the field of psychological sciences:
- "Personality development in a multicultural educational environment", etc.;
- in the field of pedagogical sciences:
- "Genetic factors of athletes' fitness";
- "Theoretical and applied aspects of digitalization of the educational process", etc.;
- in the field of jurisprudence:
- "Public Law Institutions of the Asia-Pacific Countries";
- "The State and Law of the Peoples of Central Asia", etc.;
- in the field of sociological and political sciences:
- "Socio-political and religious processes in Buryatia";
- "Political transformations in the countries of Northeast Asia in the first quarter of the XXI century", etc.;
- in the field of medical sciences:
- "Study of the pharmacological activity of drugs derived from plant materials";
- "Study of factors determining the effectiveness of respiratory support in newborns", etc.;
- in the field of Earth sciences:
- "Development of measures to reduce the negative impact on the atmospheric air of Ulan-Ude";
- "Processes of mantle-carpet interaction in the formation of alkaline and granitoid complexes and concomitant mineralization of the eastern part of the Central Asian folded belt", etc.
The university publishes 15 scientific journals.
Things to know about
646 teachers and researchers conduct educational, methodological and scientific work at BSU, including:
- 514 full-time teachers and researchers;
- 132 teachers and researchers working on an external part-time basis;
- 56 people have the academic title of professor, incl. 19 external part-timers;
- 305 people have the academic title of associate professor, incl. 31 external part-timers;
- 124 doctors of science, incl. 40 external part-timers;
- 427 candidates of sciences, incl. 64 external part-timers;
- 4 foreign teachers.
The university is a member of various global scientific and educational networks, has experience in international grant programs.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Buryat State University named after Dorji Banzarov, BSU
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university has 5 student dormitories, each provided with:
- rest rooms;
- study rooms;
- computer classes;
- electronic reading rooms with Internet access.
Meals are provided in the canteens of the university, which are among the best in the city in terms of quality. The dining room has 3 halls in the main building, a hall in building No. 8, a hall in building No. 4 and a hall in the dormitory No. 6. In addition, there are buffets in educational buildings No. 1, 3 and 6.
Activities Buryat State University named after Dorji Banzarov, BSU
Student communities are active at the university:
- Federation of Student Self-Government;
- Primary trade union organization of students;
- student sports club "Baikal Wolves";
- public organization "Mercy";
- All-Russian Public Movement "Volunteers – Doctors";
- Student Media Center "Proftime";
- "Free Legal Aid" clinic;
- Student creative teams:
- "Baikal waves";
- "Baikal gems";
The university has student teams:
- a detachment of guides;
- construction team in the direction of service.
- "Parade of Russian Students";
- meetings with the rector;
- Initiation into students;
- competition-review of talents of first-year students "First Step";
- training games for team building "Rope course";
- cultural and sports festivals "Starts of Hope" and "Health Day";
- student Spartakiad in more than 10 sports;
- festival "Student Spring";
- beauty contest "Miss and Mr. University";
- KVN Festival;
- scientific and practical conferences;
- Olympiads in various branches of science;
- competitions of student projects.
- Cooperation with foreign universities;
- Targeted training in state-funded places.
Facilities and equipment at Buryat State University named after Dorji Banzarov, BSU
The university has a sports complex, including:
- House of Sports;
- athletics arena;
The university uses 552 classrooms for training sessions, including:
- 52 lecture halls;
- 97 seminar rooms;
- 24 classrooms for laboratory classes;
- 110 classrooms for practical exercises;
- 244 cathedral auditorium;
- 25 university computer labs with 457 seats.
In dormitories and educational buildings there is free access to the Internet via wireless network.
Medical care for full-time students of the university is carried out by the health center. Daily reception is conducted by specialists:
- 2 general practitioners;
- 2 district nurses;
The health center has a treatment and vaccination room.
The university has a sports and recreation camp "Olympus", located on the lake. Shchuchye is 100 km from the city of Ulan-Ude, and the boarding house "Baikal", located in the village of Maksimikha, Barguzinsky district, 220 km from the city of Ulan-Ude.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year begins on September 1 and is divided into two semesters, each ending with a test and examination session in accordance with the academic session. In the school year, holidays are established with a total duration of at least 7 weeks.
Additional expenses may include fees for accommodation in dormitories (for nonresidents), meals, leisure and other expenses.
The following documents are required for admission:
- A copy (photo) of the passport: front page, place of residence (registration) and information about previously issued passports (if any);
- Copy/original (photo) of the document on education with the application (grades);
- A copy (photo) of the Certificate in the form No. 086 / y is needed only for admission to pedagogical areas, medical institute, power engineering;
- Photo 3x4 (2 pieces);
- Copies of documents confirming the right to benefits (if any);
- Copies of documents confirming individual achievements (if any).
You can apply for admission and documents in person, by mail or online.
The partners of the university are:
- executive, judicial, legislative authorities of the Republic of Buryatia and other regions of the country;
- health care institutions;
- institutions of science and education;
- state structures of employment of the population;
- enterprises and organizations.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants to the university must meet the following requirements:
- age from 17 years;
- completed education is not lower than secondary complete general, confirmed by the relevant document.
The minimum number of points according to the results of the exam:
- Informatics and ICT — 44;
- Physics — 39;
- chemistry — 39;
- Mathematics — 39;
- Biology, 39;
- Geography — 40;
- English — 30;
- Social Studies — 45;
- History — 35;
- Literature — 40;
- Russian language — 40.
Scholarships Buryat State University named after Dorji Banzarov, BSU
The following types of scholarships are paid at BSU:
- state academic;
- state social;
- increased state academic;
- state social in an increased amount;
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Russian Federation.
In addition, the university provides financial support to students who find themselves in a difficult life situation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Buryat State University named after Dorji Banzarov, BSU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.