Bryansk State Technical University, BSTU
Description of Bryansk State Technical University, BSTU
- Location: Bryansk, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
BSTU is one of the oldest and leading universities in the region in the field of personnel of technical specialties, conducts active research and innovative activities in the field of metalworking and mechanical engineering, transport, energy and power engineering.
Faculties and colleges
Today BSTU consists of 2 institutes, 4 faculties and a college:
- Polytechnic College of BSTU;
- Educational and Scientific Technological Institute;
- Educational and Scientific Institute of Transport;
- Faculty of Sectoral and Digital Economy;
- Faculty of Mechanics and Technology;
- Faculty of Information Technologies;
- Faculty of Power Engineering and Electronics.
In addition, BSTU includes a branch in the Kaluga region and a student sports and recreation camp "Sosnovka".
- BSTU takes part in the National Project "Science and Universities".
- Over the years of educational and scientific activity, BSTU has formed a unique material and technical base in a number of scientific and technical areas.
- The research laboratory of BSTU "Computational Mechanics" developed a software package "Universal Mechanism". Today, the software package is actively used in the processes of performing contractual work.
Things to know about
- BSTU was founded in 1929 at the plant "Krasny Profintern" (today CJSC "BMZ").
- In 2019, BSTU signed the "Agreement of Intent to Create and Develop an International Engineering Center in the Field of Oil and Gas Industry" with Riyada Group (Kingdom of Bahrain).
- In 2021, BSTU signed a Cooperation Agreement with Donetsk National Technical University.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Bryansk State Technical University, BSTU
Accommodation, meals, prices
Non-resident and foreign students, when enrolling in BSTU, are allocated a place in the hostel on a first-come, first-served basis. In total, BSTU has 5 residential buildings at its disposal:
- college student dormitory building (63 rooms);
- 2 dormitory buildings for university students (284 rooms);
- 2 buildings for employees (82 rooms).
Meals are organized in the dining room or buffets.
The cost of living in a BSTU hostel on average will cost 852 rubles per month: the price depends on the type of hostel, the number of people in the room and utilities.
Activities Bryansk State Technical University, BSTU
BSTU actively promotes student self-government: a trade union student organization and a joint Council of Students.
The University has established 18 student associations:
- choreographic studio of BSTU;
- Student Center for Social Protection of BSTU Students;
- BSTU Fashion Theatre;
- student photo club "OBJECTIVE View";
- student club "BSTU-MEDIA";
- Equator Literary Club;
- sound engineering studio "Warm Sound";
- historical and patriotic club "Peresvet", etc.
In all student creative associations, BSTU students have the opportunity to study for free. In addition, in order to promote a healthy lifestyle among students, more than 20 sports sections and tourist clubs work on the basis of BSTU.
Facilities and equipment at Bryansk State Technical University, BSTU
The main educational buildings of BSTU are located in the Bezhitsky district of Bryansk, a 15-minute walk from the railway station "Ordzhonikidzegrad". In total, BSTU has 5 educational buildings.
Classrooms have the necessary equipment, are equipped with information and tactile signs and a system for calling for help, there are mnemocircuits, tactile tiles and tactile indicators.
The scientific library of BSTU for 300 seats is equipped.
At the disposal of BSTU and sports facilities:
- House of Sports;
- Open stadium;
- 2 sports halls;
- Martial Arts Hall;
- Choreographic hall.
In the educational buildings of the university there are buffets and a dining room.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at BSTU begins on September 1 and ends according to the schedule of the educational process. One course consists of two semesters and two intermediate examination sessions.
Holidays during one academic year are 7-10 weeks in duration, excluding holidays.
The beginning of accepting documents for admission to BSTU is dated June 20 of the current year, the last day of accepting documents is August 13.
Enrollment is carried out in 2 stages:
- competitive selection and enrollment of persons entering without entrance tests (according to the results of the Unified State Exam), entering places within the quotas;
- competitive selection and enrollment of persons entering on the basis of the results of entrance examinations for the main places within the control figures remaining after enrollment without entrance tests.
BSTU graduates are sought-after specialists in the field of mechanical engineering for enterprises and organizations in Russia, countries of near and far abroad.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Upon admission to the applicant, the following requirements are put forward:
- Level of education (secondary general or secondary vocational);
- Successful completion of the Unified State Exam or entrance tests.
Scholarships Bryansk State Technical University, BSTU
Today more than 6000 people study at BSTU. The most popular areas are:
- "Information Systems and Technologies";
- "Power Engineering".
The number of students at the expense of the budget is about 4,000 people.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Bryansk State Technical University, BSTU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.