Bratsk State University, BrSU
Description of Bratsk State University, BrSU
- Location: Bratsk, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
Fraternal State University was founded in 1957. At the moment, the university is engaged in education of th specialists in the engineering and technical sphere.
Faculties and colleges
The educational process is based on the following faculties:
- economics and construction;
- power engineering and automation;
- transport systems and the forest complex;
- master's degree;
- distance and accelerated learning.
Things to know about
Among the graduates and teachers of the Bratsk State University were such famous people as:
- Denisov Ivan Pavlovich - Honored Builder of the RSFSR, Hydraulic Engineer;
- Chernyshev Andrey Vasilyevich - Member of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation;
- Danilov Konstantin Valeryevich - twice world champion and three times world champion in powerlifting;
- Kosachenko Yuri Mikhailovich - participant of the war in Afghanistan, cavalier of the Order of the Red Star.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Bratsk State University, BrSU
Accommodation, meals, prices
For nonresident full-time students, the university offers 5 dormitories of sectional type. All dormitories have a kitchen on the floor, lounges, gyms and laundry rooms.
BrgSU has 3 canteens and one buffet, the total number of seats is 1300.
Activities Bratsk State University, BrSU
To involve students in scientific and educational activities, the university organizes and takes part in a large number of events:
- All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference named after Zhores Alferov;
- Social program "Unlimited opportunities";
- International Olympiad in the field of information technology "IT-Planet 2023";
- International Festival of Scientific and Technical Creativity "From Vint!";
- All-Russian Scientific and Methodological Conference "Improving the Quality of Education";
- #ВЦЕНТРЕНАУКИ — All-Russian Youth Competition of Scientific Projects;
- Competition for the development of information materials on the prevention of destructive phenomena;
- Project "Country of Masters";
- All-Russian Student Actionada;
- All-Russian competition "Industry Leaders of the Russian Federation-2023 Competition of Organizations".
Facilities and equipment at Bratsk State University, BrSU
Education at the university takes place in one building. All classrooms and laboratories are equipped with the necessary technical equipment and such specialized equipment as muffle furnaces, drying and fume hoods, engineering systems, electrical equipment and geodetic instruments.
For sports and physical education, the university offers students a sports complex of two floors, equipped with a fitness and table tennis room, three gyms, a hall for exercise therapy.
Students have free access to the library system, which includes educational, educational, methodological and scientific literature in its fund. Students are also provided with access to electronic library systems.
Admission dates and extra charges
At BrSU, the learning process in the academic year is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after which students are given holidays (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
When studying at the university, students assume the following additional costs:
- to pay for accommodation in the hostel;
- for leisure and recreation.
For admission to universities, applicants must provide the following list:
- Identity document, citizenship;
- State-issued document on education and qualifications;
- Documents confirming the use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Documents confirming individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account at the reception;
- A document confirming registration in the individual accounting system (if any).
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- Personally to the admissions office;
- In electronic form through the electronic information system of BrSU;
- Through EPGU.
At the moment, more than 5700 students study at the university.
For internship by students and further employment of graduates, BrSU cooperates with the following enterprises:
- LLC "Business IT";
- VTB Bank;
- LLC "Energostroitelnaya Kompaniya" (LLC "ESCO");
- Sea of Fish LLC;
- SMP-38 LLC;
- Branch of JSC "Group" "Ilim" in Ust-Ilimsk district;
- Territorial Department of the Ministry of Forestry of the Irkutsk Region for Northern Forestry;
- Administration of the city of Bratsk, Committee for Economic Development;
- STROYKOM LLC;
- LLC "Siberian RMSU";
- Transport and Logistics Service of Ilim Group branch in Bratsky District, Irkutsk Region;
- LLC "Combine Bratskzhelezobeton";
- Bratsk Mechanical Repair Plant;
- Baikal Energy Company.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the educational programs of bachelor's and specialist's degree, the applicant must:
- Completed education not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the Unified State Exam are not lower:
- Mathematics, 39;
- Physics — 39;
- Chemistry — 39;
- Informatics and ICT, 44;
- Russian language — 40;
- Literature: 40;
- Social Studies, 45;
- History, 35;
- Biology, 39;
- Foreign language — 30;
- Geography — 40.
For admission to master's programs it is necessary:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of the university's entrance tests with scores not lower than 40.
For admission to postgraduate programs it is necessary:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of entrance tests with scores not lower than 45:
- Special discipline;
- Foreign language.
Scholarships Bratsk State University, BrSU
As a material support for students, the university allocates the following scholarships for students:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- Scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation;
- Scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation.
In addition, the university provides material assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Bratsk State University, BrSU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.