Bashkir Medical University
Description of Bashkir Medical University
- Founded: 1932
- Location: Ufa, Russia
- Rating in Russia: 502.
Bashkir Medical University is one of the leading places in the ranking of medical universities in Russia. At first it was an institute graduating general practitioners, over time, the number of students grew, the educational institution developed, and in 1995 received the status of a university. Today, education is conducted in a number of areas:
The university is well equipped: there are research centers and laboratories. The emphasis in research is on:
- stem cell research
- rehabilitation of people after heart attacks and strokes.
Hundreds of scientific publications are published annually. Students with high academic results can expect increased scholarships and research grants. The university hosts master classes, conferences and other events with the participation of foreign partners. Education at BSMU is received by both Russians and foreigners.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Bashkir Medical University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university has 4 hostel buildings: they are primarily intended for foreigners and nonresident students studying on a budgetary basis. The hostels have everything you need for a comfortable stay and study. Students eat at the university buffet, the prices of which are low.
Activities Bashkir Medical University
On the basis of the university, a dispensary and a wellness center are opened, the services of which can be used by teachers and university students.
Facilities and equipment at Bashkir Medical University
In addition to research centers and educational buildings, the university has a number of objects:
- practical skills center - here students learn on special mannequins that repeat the structure and behavior of a person: the center is used by future surgeons, obstetricians, dentists, therapists - by education on mannequins, they can avoid harming future patients
- library with a large collection of books and scientific papers
- own clinic with 625 beds: ultrasound machines, tomographs, digital biplane angiographic unit, computer equipment
- pharmaceutical laboratory: it tests new drugs before it goes on sale and medical facilities
- university museum
- sports grounds and gyms to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at BSMU is divided into 2 semesters: autumn and spring, at the end of each there is an examination session. Additional costs amount to $ 334 -682 $ per month for renting a room or apartment (with a lack of places in the hostel).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Requirements for admission to the Belarusian State Medical University do not differ from the standard ones: it is necessary to pass internal exams and provide documents on the presence of a previous education (certificate from school or a previous diploma of higher education). Foreigners must confirm their knowledge of the Russian language at level B1. Documents are accepted from June 20 to July 10, for applicants to the paid department it is possible to submit documents until August 10 inclusive.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Bashkir Medical University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.