Baikonur Branch "Voskhod" of the Moscow Aviation Institute (National Research University), Branch "Voskhod" MAI
Description of Baikonur Branch "Voskhod" of the Moscow Aviation Institute (National Research University), Branch "Voskhod" MAI
- Location: Baikonur, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The branch was established in 1964 in the city of Baikonur.
The learning process includes a course of lectures and seminars, practical and laboratory classes, educational and pre-diploma practice.
Faculties and colleges
Departments of the branch:
- Aircraft design and testing;
- Economics and Management;
- Computing systems and technologies;
- Mathematical and software information systems.
The branch conducts scientific activities in the following areas:
- Safety of operation of space facilities and environmental support of tests of rocket and space technology;
- Study of methods and methods of modernization of equipment of complexes for working with promising products of rocket and space technology;
- Study of methods for improving the reliability and durability of systems of launch and technical complexes of space vehicles;
- Comprehensive assessment of the economic efficiency of the functioning of organizations;
- Study of the effectiveness of the use of queuing systems in the design of forecasting systems;
- Study of methods for increasing the resource in the friction units of the launch complex;
- Study of methods for improving the reliability and safety of rocket and space technology and ground-based space infrastructure facilities at all stages of their life cycle;
- Management of the development of complex geographically distributed complexes;
- Mathematical and software support of information systems;
- Investigation of heat and mass transfer processes in apparatuses of thermal desorption dispersed materials;
- Mathematical modeling of physical processes.
Things to know about
The university conducts international cooperation with the following organizations:
- Institute of Information and Computing Technologies, Kazakhstan;
- INS-SAT Alatau LLP;
- Kazakh National Research Technical University named after K.I. Satpayev;
- Branch of the Joint Stock Company "Kazakh-Russian Joint Venture "Baiterek" at the Baikonur complex.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Baikonur Branch "Voskhod" of the Moscow Aviation Institute (National Research University), Branch "Voskhod" MAI
Accommodation, meals, prices
Activities Baikonur Branch "Voskhod" of the Moscow Aviation Institute (National Research University), Branch "Voskhod" MAI
To involve students in social and scientific activities, the university organizes and takes part in the following events:
- Annual ceremony honoring the best youth of Baikonur and specialists;
- Initiation into students;
- Combat deployment;
- Open International Student Internet Olympiad in the form of computer on-line testing in the disciplines: "Informatics", "Chemistry", "Ecology", "Economics";
- Vocal and pop competition "Lighting the Stars";
- contest "Miss and Mr. Baikonur";
- Championship of the Institute in table tennis.
Facilities and equipment at Baikonur Branch "Voskhod" of the Moscow Aviation Institute (National Research University), Branch "Voskhod" MAI
Admission dates and extra charges
At the Voskhod branch, the academic year is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after passing the students, they are given vacations (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
- Leisure and recreation.
For admission to the branch, you must provide:
- Identity card, citizenship;
- State-recognized certificate of education and qualifications;
- Proof of use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Confirmation of individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account when admitting;
- Confirmation of registration in the system of individual (personalized) accounting (if any);
- SNILS (if any).
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- In person to the admissions office;
- Through the applicant's personal account;
- Through EPGU.
At the moment, more than 1000 students study at the university.
Graduates of the university are qualified specialists in the technical and aviation field. For help in finding a job, you can contact the Career Center.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to bachelor's and specialist's educational programs, an applicant must:
- Completed education is not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the exam are not lower than:
- Mathematics — 39;
- Physics — 39;
- Informatics and ICT — 44;
- Russian language — 40;
- Social Studies — 45.
Scholarships Baikonur Branch "Voskhod" of the Moscow Aviation Institute (National Research University), Branch "Voskhod" MAI
As material support for students, the university allocates the following types of scholarships for students:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- the President of the Russian Federation;
- Government of the Russian Federation;
In addition, the university provides financial assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Baikonur Branch "Voskhod" of the Moscow Aviation Institute (National Research University), Branch "Voskhod" MAI
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.