B&D Institute for Business and Design
Description of B&D Institute for Business and Design
- Location: Moscow, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The Institute of Business and Design was founded on April 25, 2001, the founder was the Research Institute of Professional Education. The university conducts training under contracts for the provision of paid educational services at the expense of individuals or legal entities.
The institute uses the following active teaching methods:
- case technologies;
- basket method (imitation of the situation), etc.
Faculties and colleges
In the structure of the Institute:
- two faculties:
- business management;
- design and fashion;
- three departments:
- humanities and natural sciences;
- management and marketing;
- two schools:
- School of Art and Design;
- Graduate School of Branding.
In 2021, the university successfully completed 5 planned research projects, according to which the final reports registered in the Center for Information Technologies and Systems of Executive Authorities were drawn up. 6 research works were carried out on contractual agreements with third-party organizations. Teachers of the Institute regularly publish monographs and scientific articles in leading peer-reviewed scientific journals and publications.
On the basis of the university, a variety of scientific events are held:
- master classes;
- scientific conferences;
Research work of students in extracurricular time is carried out in the form of:
- participation in the implementation of departmental research, student scientific and practical conferences, festivals and competitions of various levels;
- presentation of scientific research materials in the form of reports, theses, scientific articles for publication in collections, journals and other publications.
In 2021, students published 29 scientific papers without co-authorship with university teachers, took part in 4 scientific and practical conferences, 3 of which have the status of international.
Things to know about
The share of scientific and pedagogical employees of the university who have a scientific degree and / or academic title is 84%.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in B&D Institute for Business and Design
Accommodation, meals, prices
On the territory of the Institute there are vending machines in which finished food and beverages are sold. Next to the devices there are places where you can have a convenient snack. In the classrooms of the institute there are coolers with bottled water. Also in the building are located on a cafe for 20 seats and a dining room for 50 seats.
Activities B&D Institute for Business and Design
The Institute uses various forms of education:
- theme nights;
- film screenings and discussions;
- Participation of students:
- in research and subject circles;
- scientific readings;
- professional clubs and associations of students;
- meetings with professionals;
- master classes.
The Institute conducts:
- Solemn event dedicated to the Day of Knowledge;
- Organization and holding of the event "Freshman's Day";
- New Year's Eve celebrations;
- Event dedicated to the Student's Day – Tatiana's Day;
- Solemn meeting dedicated to the Day of the Defender of the Fatherland;
- Celebration of International Women's Day on March 8;
- Organization and holding of events dedicated to the Cosmonautics Day;
- Solemn events dedicated to Victory Day:
- movie night;
- participation in a festive concert;
- Day of Remembrance and Sorrow, participation in mourning events;
- Regular creative meetings with cultural and design figures;
- Poster contest "Prevention of aggressive behavior in the educational environment";
- Sports table tennis competitions among students;
- Sports competitions and events between students and staff of the Institute;
- Competition for the best poster on the topic of ecology;
- Competition of projects in the direction of "Environmental Marketing";
- Moscow International Festival "Tipomania".
Facilities and equipment at B&D Institute for Business and Design
The educational building of the university is located in the building of the House of Education of the VOS on the 1-4 floors of the building.
The area of the conference hall on the 2nd floor is 300 sq.m. and accommodates 270 people. The conference hall is equipped with all necessary equipment for various seminars, conferences, fashion shows, etc.:
- lighting and sound equipment;
- photographic equipment;
Small conference halls of the Institute on the 4th floor have an area of 115 sq.m., accommodate 90 people each, equipped with a projector and audio equipment.
The university has 35 classrooms for training sessions and 27 administrative offices, all rooms are equipped with the necessary furniture and appliances.
The institute has 477 computers and 8 laptops. The computer network is equipped with equipment for Internet access, wireless access via Wi-Fi is provided.
Classes in painting and drawing are held in two studios, which have all the necessary equipment and a still life fund for drawing, painting and graphics.
Classrooms in which classes in sewing and design skills are held are equipped with professional equipment and the necessary attributes:
- cutting tables;
- industrial and household sewing machines;
- sewing machines;
- professional ironing equipment;
- large-scale and dimensional mannequins of various designs.
To study various techniques of graphics and create their own graphic works by students, etching machines and related equipment and materials are used:
- special paper;
- metal plates;
- tools for working with pellets.
The photo studio is located on the 2nd and 4th floors of the building. The studios are equipped with:
- a system of suspended backgrounds;
- lighting and reflector system;
- professional photographic equipment.
On the 3rd floor of the building there is a medical office.
The Institute concluded an agreement with the Private Institution "Cultural and Sports Rehabilitation Complex of the All-Russian Order of the Red Banner of Labor of the Society of the Blind" to conduct classes in physical culture and sports.
Premises for independent work are equipped with computer equipment with the ability to connect to the Internet and provide access to the electronic information and educational environment, including electronic library systems.
The entrance to the building of the institute is guarded by the forces of the private security company. The building has an internal warning system, the loudspeakers of which are located mainly in the corridors (information is broadcast from the security room of the private security company). There is also a radio point connected to the Regional Warning System for Civil Defense and Emergency Situations signals, light information signs of evacuation directions.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year begins on September 1 and is divided into two semesters, each ending with a test-examination session.
Additional expenses may include accommodation fees (for non-residents), meals, leisure and other expenses.
List of documents:
- Passport (or a document substituting for it);
- Document on education (certificate/ diploma) + appendix;
- SNILS (if any);
- Two photos 3x4 (b/w or color);
- Document on the change of name (if any);
- A copy of the registration certificate or military ID (presented by young men entering the full-time form);
- Application for admission;
- Consent to the processing of personal data;
- Application-consent for enrollment.
In 2021, 253 people were enrolled in the university, of which 13 people have 100 points according to the results of the Unified State Exam; 1 person acted as a prize-winner of the Olympiad of schoolchildren.
The total number of students in higher education programs is more than 1,000 people. The largest number of students is in the direction of "Design": more than 79%.
Partner companies for the employment of graduates:
- Victoria Intermoda;
- Department of Culture of the City of Moscow;
- Center for Youth Parliamentarism;
- Institute of Business and Design;
- Studio "Put out the light";
- Creative Union;
- Project Bureau "UKT";
- Ginzburg Architex;
- "Pottery Studio No1";
- animation studio "Parovoz", etc.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants to the university must meet the following requirements:
- age from 17 years;
- completed education not lower than secondary complete general, confirmed by the relevant document;
- successful completion of the creative test.
The minimum number of points according to the results of the Unified State Exam:
- Mathematics, 39;
- Russian language — 40;
- Social Studies, 45;
- Informatics and ICT, 44;
- English — 30.
The results of the Unified State Exam are taken into account regardless of the year of graduation from school.
Scholarships B&D Institute for Business and Design
The institute does not have scholarships and conditions for providing scholarships to students, but the social project "Rector's Grant" is being implemented.
The rector's grant is provided to 1st year full-time students who enter according to the results of the Unified State Exam in general education disciplines and additional entrance tests of creative and / or professional orientation, who have scored the maximum number of points in total according to the results of the competition. Priority in obtaining a grant is enjoyed by persons who provided the admission committee with a portfolio of educational, scientific and creative achievements (copies of diplomas, diplomas, letters of gratitude for victories and participation in competitions, Olympiads, conferences in the relevant direction). Full-time students of 2-4 courses who graduated from the academic year with excellent results in all disciplines; those who take an active part in the life of the Institute also have the opportunity to study according to the Rector's Grant.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about B&D Institute for Business and Design
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.