Astrakhan State University named after V.N. Tatishchev, ASU
Description of Astrakhan State University named after V.N. Tatishchev, ASU
- Location: Astrakhan, Russia;
- Age of students: from 15 years;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
ASU was founded on March 25, 1932 as a pedagogical institute in Astrakhan. ASU serves as the main educational center in the Caspian macroregion, which trains engineering, scientific, managerial and pedagogical personnel, specialists in the humanitarian and environmental fields, agriculture, physical culture and sports.
The university practices both traditional forms of organization of the educational process and active and interactive educational technologies, including:
- Foresight facilitation;
- Method of analysis of specific situations (case method);
- Business game;
- Work in small groups;
- Method of projects;
- Method of training in pairs (sparring partnership);
- Information labyrinth (basket method).
Faculties and colleges
The ASU consists of:
- 16 faculties:
- physics, mathematics and engineering technology;
- digital technologies and information security;
- geological and geographical;
- agribusiness, technology and veterinary medicine;
- foreign languages;
- philology and journalism;
- social communications;
- architecture and design;
- economics and management;
- pedagogical education, art, service and culture;
- physical culture and sports;
- ASU College;
- branch in Znamensk, Astrakhan region.
Among the priority topics of scientific research at ASU, an important role is played by:
- ecology and biotechnologies to improve the quality of life in the Caspian Sea;
- preservation and restoration of the unique biological resources of the Caspian Sea;
- production of environmentally friendly agricultural products;
- integrated security and geopolitics of the Caspian macro-region;
- Traditionally strong areas of fundamental sciences at ASU:
- mathematical modeling;
In 2021, ASU launched the publication of the journal "Caspium Securitatis: Journal of Caspian Security".
Things to know about
ASU is the only university in the region selected in the basic part of the competition of programs for the development of strategic academic leadership "Priority-2030".
For the first time in 2021, the university entered the TOP-50 leading universities according to the results of the national project "Your Move" and won a university-wide grant in the amount of 2.5 million rubles, 5 university students received individual grants.
With the support of partners of the companies - national leaders Yandex, Skyeng, Geoscan, the Association of State Universities of the Caspian Countries and the public organization "Russian Movement of Schoolchildren" - the university for the first time in 2021 held the Caspian Festival-Competition of Startup Projects, which brought together participants from the Caspian regions.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Astrakhan State University named after V.N. Tatishchev, ASU
Accommodation, meals, prices
In the structure of ASU there are 7 dormitories for a total of 1564 places, canteens and buffets in educational buildings and dormitories.
Activities Astrakhan State University named after V.N. Tatishchev, ASU
The University actively supports all student initiatives aimed at creative, entrepreneurial, volunteer activities, the development of civic engagement, and the Department of Youth Policy and Educational Activities provides organizational, consulting, methodological and resource support to students.
The number of student clubs that are part of the Joint Council of Students is about 20. Some student clubs exist as cells of youth public organizations, such as:
- Russian Union of Youth;
- Victory Volunteers.
There are also clubs for students:
- intellectual club;
- "KVN League";
- board games club;
- student sports club;
- student karaoke club;
- student cover dance club;
- CyberPatrol Club;
- "Club of Friendship of the Peoples of the World";
- student club of dormitories;
- student club for training in first aid "Clover";
- ASU Student Amateur Song Club;
- student poetry club "Fiction";
- student "Pro-Family Club";
- Student EcoClub;
- "Tête-à-Tête" debate club.
- Student Ball;
- Maslenitsa festivities;
- qualifying round of the Student Spring;
- Ethnocultural Open-Air;
- Knowledge Day;
- "ASU's Birthday";
- Festival of Korean Culture;
- "Great Success" ceremony;
- "Freshman's Day";
- Festival of National Cultures;
- New Year's masquerade ball, etc.
Students of the university as part of national teams in various sports take part in sports competitions, championships, Championships of the Astrakhan region, in All-Russian competitions.
Two volunteer corps are actively developing:
- "On the wings of goodness";
ASU volunteers provide volunteer support for the main events of the structural divisions and the university, act as an organizer and co-organizer of events of the all-Russian level.
- cooperation with foreign universities;
- targeted training at state-funded places.
Facilities and equipment at Astrakhan State University named after V.N. Tatishchev, ASU
The property complex of ASU includes:
- 12 educational buildings, including a branch in Znamensk;
- 7 dormitories;
- 12 auxiliary and utility buildings;
- 4 linear objects;
- 2 outdoor sports areas, including sports grounds;
- 19 land plots.
The library has reading rooms, subscriptions located in all educational buildings of the university.
The university has 26 display classes, and the computer park in the display classes and structural divisions of the university is 1743 units. 60 classrooms are equipped with multimedia projectors, projection screens, plasma panels and PCs, there are 74 interactive whiteboards. In the educational building No. 6, a large auditorium is equipped with powerful projection, light and sound amplification equipment. For trainings and conferences, 3 assembly halls and 2 conference rooms are used.
As part of the sports infrastructure there are 2 open sports zones:
- sports area on S. Perovskaya Street, 96, including:
- basketball court;
- football ground;
- volleyball court;
- sports area on Tatishchev Street, 20, which includes:
- football ground;
- Playgrounds for basketball, volleyball, spiralball.
As part of the sports infrastructure, there are indoor sports facilities - sports, gyms, athletic halls, as well as a physical therapy hall located both in educational buildings and dormitories of the university, an indoor pool with 8 lanes 25 m long, located in the annex to the educational building No. 1. The pool has a modern design that meets all international standards, a triple water purification system:
- mechanical (cleaning from debris and impurities);
- chemical dosing station (addition of solutions that reduce the pH of water);
- ultraviolet disinfection unit (destruction of bacteria by ultraviolet radiation).
There are showers for 10 cabins, locker rooms, a "dry swimming" hall equipped with exercise bikes, treadmills, steps and other sports equipment.
For medical care for students and staff, ASU has a health center.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year begins on September 1 and is divided into two semesters, each ending with a test and examination session in accordance with the curriculum. In the school year, holidays are established with a total duration of at least 7 weeks.
Additional expenses may include fees for accommodation in dormitories (for nonresidents), meals, leisure and other expenses.
Applicants to ASU submit the following documents:
- SNILS (if any);
- document on previous education (certificate or diploma);
- medical certificate form 086 / U;
- documents confirming the individual achievements of the applicant (if any).
You can apply for admission and documents in person, by mail or online.
The contingent of ASU students is over 13,000 people.
The largest competition is observed in the following areas of training:
- Information security — 13.3 people per place;
- Information systems and technologies — 13.1;
- Electronics and nanoelectronics — 10.4;
- Geology — 9;
- Biology and Chemistry — 8.1;
- Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, Computer Science and Computer Engineering — 7.2.
The geography of employment of graduates covers not only the city of Astrakhan, but also many districts of the Astrakhan region, and other regions of the Russian Federation. Graduates are in demand in research, educational, administrative, managerial and other institutions and organizations at the federal and regional levels.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants to the university must meet the following requirements:
- age from 17 years;
- completed education is not lower than secondary complete general, confirmed by the relevant document.
The minimum number of points according to the results of the exam:
- mathematics — 39;
- social studies, 45;
- biology, 39;
- Russian language — 40;
- informatics and ICTs, 44;
- physics — 39;
- geography — 40;
- foreign language – 30;
- literature — 40;
- history — 35;
- chemistry — 39.
Scholarships Astrakhan State University named after V.N. Tatishchev, ASU
The following types of scholarships are paid at ASU:
- state academic;
- state social;
- The President of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Russian Federation.
In addition, the university provides financial support to students who find themselves in a difficult life situation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Astrakhan State University named after V.N. Tatishchev, ASU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.