Astrakhan State Technical University, ASTU
Description of Astrakhan State Technical University, ASTU
- Location: Astrakhan, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The university was founded in 1930 in the city of Astrakhan. ASTU is one of the largest educational institutions in the South of Russia, which provide "maritime" education.
The educational process includes courses of lectures and seminars, laboratory and practical work, the passage of educational and industrial and pre-diploma practice.
Faculties and colleges
- Institute of Humanities;
- Institute of Urban Planning;
- Institute of Information Technologies and Communications;
- Institute of Marine Technology, Energy and Transport;
- Institute of Oil and Gas;
- Institute of Fisheries and Nature Management;
- Institute of Economics;
- Institute of Mechanics and Technology;
- Faculty of Law;
- Faculty of Secondary Vocational Education.
On the basis of the university, the scientific journal "Bulletin of ASTU" is published, more than 40 intellectual property objects are registered at the university.
Things to know about
ASTU conducts international cooperation with the following organizations:
- Baku State University;
- Vietnam Maritime University;
- China University of Geology;
- Atyrau Institute of Oil and Gas;
- Escuela Polytechnique Supérieure del Litoral.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Astrakhan State Technical University, ASTU
Accommodation, meals, prices
For nonresident full-time students, the university provides three dormitories. The living rooms can accommodate from 2 to 4 people, the total number of places to stay is 1097.
For meals for students and staff, the university has 4 canteens, the total number of seats is 162.
Activities Astrakhan State Technical University, ASTU
- Meeting of students with employees of the Lower Volga Department of the Federal Service for Environmental, Technological and Nuclear Supervision;
- Section for schoolchildren "Young commodity expert";
- Power All-Around Tournament;
- Case Championship "Leaders of Rimera";
- Opening of the primary branch of the Russian Movement of Children and Youth "Movement of the First";
- Regional Festival of Student Science;
- Festival "Russian Student Spring";
- Action "Saturday for Health";
- International game "RISK: Mind, Intuition, Speed, Team".
Facilities and equipment at Astrakhan State Technical University, ASTU
The educational process is carried out in 10 buildings, which are equipped with classrooms for lectures and seminars, rooms for laboratory and practical work. The premises are equipped with modern material and technical equipment: projectors, screens, computers and stereo equipment.
Students have free access to two libraries, the university provides 6 reading rooms with a total capacity of 260 seats.
For sports, there is a laboratory building for physical education, an outdoor stadium of a wide profile with elements of an obstacle course, including 2 gymnastic grounds, a running track and a football field.
Admission dates and extra charges
The learning process in the academic year is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after which students are given a vacation (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
When studying at ASTU, students incur the following additional costs:
- to pay for accommodation in a dormitory;
- for foodstuffs;
- for leisure and recreation.
To enter the university, you must provide:
- Identity document, citizenship;
- State-issued document on education and qualifications;
- Documents confirming the use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Documents confirming individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account at admission;
- A document confirming registration in the individual accounting system (if any);
- Photo - for persons entering education based on the results of VI, conducted by the university independently.
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- In person to the admissions office;
- Through EPGU.
According to the results of the 2022 admission campaign, more than 490 people were enrolled in undergraduate programs on the budget.
For practice and further employment of graduates, the university cooperates with the following partners:
- LLC "Brooker";
- LLC "Eco-Line";
- Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
- Federal Agency for Scientific Organizations.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to bachelor's and specialist's educational programs, an applicant must:
- Completed education is not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the exam are not lower than:
- Mathematics — 27;
- Physics — 36;
- chemistry — 36;
- Informatics and ICT — 40;
- Russian language — 36;
- Social Studies — 42;
- History — 32;
- Biology — 36;
- Geography — 37.
For admission to master's programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of the entrance examinations of the university with scores not lower than the score set by the university independently.
For admission to postgraduate programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of entrance examinations, with a score of at least 3 (on a five-point scale):
- Special discipline;
- Foreign language.
Scholarships Astrakhan State Technical University, ASTU
As material support for students, the university allocates the following scholarships for students:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation;
- scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation;
- Scholarships for students of the preparatory faculty;
- Scholarships for students assigned by legal entities or individuals.
In addition, the university provides financial assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Astrakhan State Technical University, ASTU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.