Artek International Children's Center
Description of Artek International Children's Center
- Location: Yalta, Russia
- Year of foundation of the campus: 1925
- Number of students: more than 2000 per shift
- Language of instruction: Russian
- Type of education: mixed.
Artek International Children's Center is an international innovative platform for general and additional education with nine summer camps.
The center was established in 1925 as a summer tent camp. In 2000, the network of summer camps was recognized as the best among 100,000 applicants from 50 countries, in 2016 - the best international center in the Russian Federation.
In 2014, there were global changes in the infrastructure of the institution: the campuses were completely renovated, new programs were developed. Since 2016 , it has been possible to receive preschool, general and additional professional education in Artek. The teaching staff currently numbers about 100 teachers, 500 counselors. The average age of school teachers is 35 years, heads of summer education sites are from 19 to 25 years.
You can study at Artek's school programmes both full-time and completely remotely. The school's campus accepts about 1200 people for permanent education, all nine camps consist of about 40,000 students of all shifts per year, of which more than 8000 people are representatives of the near abroad.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Artek International Children's Center
Accommodation, meals, prices
Accommodation in camps is a large multi-bed room with shared toilets, showers. Pupils sleep on bunk beds, have a wardrobe for personal belongings. Each children's day is organized according to a schedule, which includes an early rise and a break, a visit to the dining room and many activities.
Number of children per shift and their accommodation in the rooms:
- "Field": 400 children in rooms of 3-6 people
- "River": 322 children of 7 per room
- "Yantarny": 6-8 pupils in the room
- "Crystal": 336 children for 6-8 in a room
- "Ozerny": 322 pupils, 7 people in the room
- "Azure": 4-8 children in rooms
- "Marine": 3-7 children in the bedroom
- "Forest": 400 people for 6-8 in a room
- "Cypress": six students in the bedroom.
Living quarters are equipped with necessary furniture, air conditioning, toilets and showers. The territories near the buildings are landscaped and safe, including the beach.
All pupils are provided with five meals a day in buffet format: breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack and two dinners. Between meals, a time of no more than four hours is kept. An individual menu is made for those who have dietary or medical contraindications to general dishes. The diet of pupils is balanced: during the day they eat dairy and meat products, carbohydrates and proteins, seasonal fruits and vegetables. Cooks of the kitchen do not leave children without sweets: afternoon snack, the second dinner include flour, confectionery.
Activities Artek International Children's Center
A large multimedia space is open in the center, where the office of the Russian Movement of Schoolchildren is also located.
More than 60 studios of additional education organize circles and sections of artistic, social and humanitarian, technical and natural science specializations. Medical, environmental, creative teams work in the camps.
Artek has about seven sports programmes, which are educated in open areas and courts, swimming pools, climbing walls and indoor game halls. Children can play football, basketball, volleyball and swimming, rock climbing, athletics and many other sports.
Many camp programs include visits to Sevastopol. Pupils study the historical sights of the Crimea, visit tourist hiking routes, enjoy the nature of this peninsula.
- Pupils come from Estonia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and other nearby countries
- Cooperation with more than 90 organizations in the humanitarian, technical, health and other fields
- The best among children's camps in Russia according to the results of the rating of 2016.
Facilities and equipment at Artek International Children's Center
The main of the campuses of the center is located in the village of Gurzuf near Yalta - one of the famous resorts in Russia. Following a global renovation in 2014, all nine summer camps were refurbished. Each of them can accommodate up to 400 children in one shift, placing them in multi-bed bedrooms, teaching and entertaining in large areas with new equipment. In each of the camps, medical centers, canteens and many sports grounds for physical exertion, group education are prepared.
Artek itself is open all year round, with camps in the summer and winter months.
On the educational campus of the school there is a large laboratory complex with robotics departments, several dozen classes, a library with a reading room. Since 2021, the first nuclear class with innovative equipment for projects and experiments has been opened in the Crimea. Lecture classes are held not only in classrooms, but also with the help of excursions to museums, galleries and sights of the south of Russia.
All Artek pupils wear branded uniforms. Each camp in the structure of the institution has an individual color scheme, symbolism. In addition to casual uniforms, students also receive a ceremonial uniform – blue trousers and skirts, colored shirts. Detachments of sailors, tourists and journalists in each branch of Artek also have their own "uniforms" that distinguish them from ordinary students. For the constant wearing of uniforms, students receive insignia, before the end of their shift, those who have more badges receive prizes and gifts.
Admission dates and extra charges
The camps have a shift schedule. The academic year is divided into two semesters, in each of which eight shifts are educated on the territory.
Dates of the first half of the year:
- 25 August-7 September
- 11-24 September
- 28 September-11 October
- 1-14 November
- 18 November-1 December
- 5-18 December
- December 22-January 4.
Since Artek operates all year round, the shift of pupils occurs every two weeks. Those who study according to standard school programs are on the territory of the institution from September to the end of May, excluding the New Year holidays.
The daily routine of students includes time for five meals a day, education in the morning, entertainment and sports activities - in the afternoon. All students wake up and go to bed at the same time.
The price of the voucher includes accommodation and five meals a day, many events, education , uniforms.
- Transport to the camp: tickets, transfer
- Personal, pocket expenses.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In autumn, winter and spring, students from grades 5 to 11, that is, up to 18 years old, are admitted to the camps. In summer, the institution expects children aged 8 to 17 years.
Vouchers to Artek are issued to students in schools of the Russian Federation in the presence of successful indicators in studies, sports, creativity and social life. To register for one of the shifts, you should:
- Fill in the profile on the AIS "Putevka" website
- Attach to the questionnaire certificates, diplomas for the last three years.
Invitations to the camp can also be obtained from Artek's partner organisations, including international ones. If desired, the ticket can be bought at a price of 100 000 to 110 000 rubles.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Artek International Children's Center
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.