Amur State University of Humanities and Education, AmSPGU
Description of Amur State University of Humanities and Education, AmSPGU
- Location: Komsomolsk-on-Amur, Khabarovsk Territory, Russia;
- Age of students: from 15 years;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
AmSPGU was founded on September 1, 1954 and is the only specialized university of humanitarian and pedagogical profile in the Khabarovsk Territory.
The university practices traditional forms of organization of the educational process:
- practical and seminar classes;
- extracurricular work.
Faculties and colleges
The structure of AmSPGU includes:
- Faculty of Information Technology, Mathematics and Physics;
- Faculty of History and Jurisprudence;
- Faculty of Natural Geography;
- Faculty of Technology, Economics, Design;
- Faculty of Philology and Intercultural Communication;
- Institute of Pedagogy and Psychology;
- Institute of Correspondence and Additional Education;
- Faculty of Secondary Vocational Education.
The main scientific directions of the university:
- Actual problems of Russian legislation at the present stage;
- Actual problems of Russian society at the present stage of development: socio-philosophical and methodological aspects;
- Actual problems of social philosophy;
- University in the system of continuing education;
- Patterns and features of the political and cultural development of the Far East;
- The study of the evolution of man, society and civilizations; preservation and study of archaeological heritage;
- The use of resonance methods in continuous media;
- History of wars and armed conflicts in Asia and Africa in modern times;
- Mathematical modeling of processes and systems;
- Modernization of modern education in the context of the introduction of new generation federal standards;
- Psychological conditions for optimizing the educational environment;
- State, dynamics and development of ecosystems of the Far East and their components;
- Socio-economic development of the Asia-Pacific countries;
- Risk factors for human health: prevalence, assessment, prevention and correction;
- Philological Sciences in the Context of Diversification of Education;
- Ethnic motifs in modern design.
The university has scientific schools in 8 branches of science.
Things to know about
In 2020, AmSPGU received the status of a federal innovation platform as a component of the innovation infrastructure in the field of higher education and the corresponding additional professional education.
AmSPGU is a member of the Association of Universities of the Far East and Siberia of the Russian Federation and the North-Eastern Regions of the People's Republic of China.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Amur State University of Humanities and Education, AmSPGU
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university has two dormitories, where there are recreation rooms, sports, a first-aid post, an Internet room and a Wi-Fi zone.
- Dormitory No. 1 was built according to a standard design and put into operation in 1980. It is of sectional type, designed to accommodate 360 people; It is equipped with an automatic fire alarm system with a warning system, an access mode is installed with the installation of electric locks on the entrance doors and on all emergency doors of emergency exits. Dormitory No. 1 is a brick 5-storey building. Living rooms are equipped on floors 2-5, with 34 rooms on each floor. Each room has an area of 12 sq.m. and 18 sq.m. 2 or 3 people live respectively. Each section is equipped with a washroom, a bathroom, a shower, a kitchen and a study room. On the ground floor there is a laundry room, luggage storage, utility rooms, a dormitory manager's office, superior rooms and hotel-type rooms.
- Dormitory No. 2 was built according to a standard design and put into operation in 1972. This is a corridor-type dormitory designed to accommodate 514 people. On each floor there are washrooms, a laundry room, 2 bathrooms, a study room, 2 kitchens. On the ground floor there is a luggage room, a castellan room, a relaxation room, a gym, a dormitory manager's office, a passport officer's office, guest rooms for visiting parents and a first-aid post consisting of therapeutic and treatment rooms.
For catering in the buildings there are 2 canteens for 160 seats.
Activities Amur State University of Humanities and Education, AmSPGU
There are 21 student associations in the structure of the Joint Council of Students of AmSPGU.
Sports sections and groups at AmSPGU work in the following areas:
- PCE group;
- GTO all-around;
The university has an active student sports club Sport for new generation.
The university has 3 creative teams:
- vocal studio "Voice";
- studio of modern choreography "Pulse";
- student team of KVN.
- Cooperation with foreign universities;
- Targeted training in state-funded places.
Facilities and equipment at Amur State University of Humanities and Education, AmSPGU
The campus of AmSPGU is a complex:
- 3 educational buildings;
- 2 comfortable dormitories;
- sports grounds:
The first educational building is located in a detached 3-storey brick building, built in 1936. It is the main building, where the following are located:
- Faculty of Physics and Mathematics and Natural Geography;
- Institute of Pedagogy and Psychology;
- Institute of Distance and Distance Learning;
- meeting room of the Academic Council No. 1;
- University Museum;
- library with 160 seats;
- assembly hall with 550 seats;
- gyms, etc.
The second building of the university is located in a detached 3-storey brick building, built in 1963. In this building there are:
- Faculty of Technology, Economics and Design;
- Faculty of History and Jurisprudence;
- Museum of History, Archeography and Ethnography.
The third building of the university is located in a detached 4-storey brick building, commissioned in 1956: it houses the Faculty of Philology and Intercultural Communication.
The territory of AmSPGU is landscaped, landscaped, there are large flower beds and artificial lawns. Driveways and footpaths on campus are paved.
The university has a modernly equipped base for physical culture and sports:
- universal sports hall;
- boxing hall;
- judo hall;
- athletic hall;
- two gyms;
- hall of a special medical group;
- physical culture and sports planar structures.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year begins on September 1 and is divided into two semesters, each ending with a test and examination session in accordance with the curriculum of the corresponding educational program. In the school year, holidays are established with a total duration of at least 7 weeks.
Additional expenses may include fees for accommodation in dormitories (for nonresidents), meals, leisure and other expenses.
Applicants to AmSPGU submit the following documents:
- identity document;
- certificate or diploma of education;
- photos 3x4 — 2 pcs.;
- medical certificate in the form 086 / y;
You can apply for admission and documents in person, by mail or online.
The contingent of students of AmSPGU is about 2000 people.
Graduates of AmSPGU are employed in educational and other organizations both in the territory of the Khabarovsk Territory and in other regions, territories and republics of the Russian Federation.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants to the university must meet the following requirements:
- age from 17 years;
- completed education is not lower than secondary complete general, confirmed by the relevant document.
The minimum number of points according to the results of the exam:
- Mathematics — 39;
- Social Studies — 45;
- Biology, 39;
- Russian language — 40;
- Informatics and ICT — 44;
- Physics — 39;
- Foreign language – 30;
- Literature — 40;
- History — 35.
Scholarships Amur State University of Humanities and Education, AmSPGU
The following types of scholarships are paid at AmSPGU:
- the President of the Russian Federation and special state from the Government of the Russian Federation;
- state academic;
- state social;
In addition, the university provides financial support to students who find themselves in a difficult life situation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Amur State University of Humanities and Education, AmSPGU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.