Air Force Academy named after Professor N. E. Zhukovsky and Y. A. Gagarin, VVA
Description of Air Force Academy named after Professor N. E. Zhukovsky and Y. A. Gagarin, VVA
- Location: Voronezh, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17;
- Type of : mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The opening of the university, on the basis of which the Academy was founded, took place on January 1, 1950, the university itself was established on April 23, 2012 by order of the Government of the Russian Federation. At the moment, the educational institution is engaged in training specialists for all types of aviation in the engineering and military-humanitarian sphere.
Faculties and colleges
The educational process of the university is carried out on the basis of the following faculties:
- support of combat operations of aviation;
- means of airfield technical support;
- engineering and airfield support;
- unmanned aircraft;
- electronic warfare and information security;
- aviation weapons;
- aviation equipment;
- aviation radio-electronic equipment;
- radio engineering support;
- aviation communications equipment;
- retraining and advanced training;
In addition, the Academy has two branches:
- Military Educational and Scientific Center of the Air Force "Air Force Academy" - Syzran, Samara Region;
- Military Educational and Scientific Center of the Air Force "Air Force Academy" - Chelyabinsk.
Things to know about
In 2020, the Academy was awarded the Order of Zhukov "For Merits in Strengthening the Country's Defense Capability and Training Qualified Personnel".
More than 800 graduates of the university were awarded the title of Hero of the Soviet Union. Among them is three times Hero of the Soviet Union Ivan Nikitovich Kozhedub. Also among the famous people who left the walls of this academy:
- Yuri Gagarin;
- Valentina Tereshkova;
- Alexey Leonov;
- Sergey Ilyushin;
- Artem Mikoyan;
- Alexander Yakovlev;
- Yuri Vlasov.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Air Force Academy named after Professor N. E. Zhukovsky and Y. A. Gagarin, VVA
Accommodation, meals, prices
For accommodation, the university allocates 6 barracks and 11 dormitories, including four apartment types. All rooms are equipped with new furniture and household appliances, barracks are equipped with storage rooms and showers.
Meals for cadets are organized according to the norms of combined arms rations with the use of elements of the "buffet".
Activities Air Force Academy named after Professor N. E. Zhukovsky and Y. A. Gagarin, VVA
The Air Force Academy takes part in the following events with the involvement of cadets:
- All-Russian Student Olympiad in Mathematics;
- Voronezh stage of the rally through the cities of military glory "Front Line";
- A set of measures to unite military collectives;
- Spartakiad of universities of the Ministry of Defense of Russia in orienteering;
- All-Russian Forum with International Participation "Prospects for the Development of Types of Air Force Support";
- International Scientific and Technical Conference;
- All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference "Actual Problems of Engineering and Airfield Support of Aviation Basing in Modern Conditions and Ways to Solve Them "Infrastructure"";
- Amateur art shows;
- All-Russian Conference "Modern Electronic Warfare. Stages, methodology, directions of development";
- International Scientific and Practical Conference "Actual issues of the state, operation and development of on-board REO complexes of aircraft. Problems of training specialists", "Avionics".
Facilities and equipment at Air Force Academy named after Professor N. E. Zhukovsky and Y. A. Gagarin, VVA
The educational process is conducted in classrooms equipped with modern material and technical support. On the territory of the Academy there is a local computer network with a fiber length of more than 7.6 km and a memory capacity of about 26 terabytes.
Cadets have access not only to the physical library located on the territory of the educational complex, but also to the electronic library system, equipped with a base of 2500 copies of educational and methodological literature.
For sports and mass work and individual classes, the Academy provides cadets with a stadium, a gym, a swimming pool.
Admission dates and extra charges
Cadets are on state support, so additional expenses can include personal hygiene items and leisure and recreation expenses for senior students and officers.
For admission it is necessary to provide:
- Copies of birth certificate and identity and citizenship document;
- Characteristics (from the place of work, study or military service);
- A copy of the document on education and (or) on qualifications confirming it;
- Three certified photographs 4.5 x 6 cm;
- A card of medical examination of a citizen entering military educational institutions, with the conclusion of the military medical commission of the constituent entity of the Russian Federation;
- Map of professional psychological selection;
- For military personnel - a service card of a soldier;
- For students in educational organizations of secondary vocational and higher education - a certificate of the period of study;
- Documents confirming preferential and preferential admission.
The entire package of documents is provided to the admission committee by those who enter personally.
Every year, more than 2.5 thousand cadets enter the academy. To date, the total number of students is 12,000 .
During training at the academy, a contract is signed for subsequent service in the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation for a period of 5 years after graduation.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the educational programs of the specialization, the applicant must:
- Completed education not lower than the level of secondary general education;
- Points obtained on the Unified State Exam shall not be lower:
- Russian language — 36;
- Mathematics (profile level) — 27;
- Physics — 36;
- Geography — 37;
- Informatics and information and communication technologies (ICT), 40;
- Social Studies, 42;
- History — 32.
- Successful passing of physical training with points not lower than 25 in the following disciplines:
- Pull-up on the crossbar;
- 100 meters run;
- The 3000 metres run.
Scholarships Air Force Academy named after Professor N. E. Zhukovsky and Y. A. Gagarin, VVA
The university provides material support to cadets:
- Students of the 1st year - 2319 rubles;
- Students above the second year:
- Salary by military rank (private) - 6026 rubles;
- Salary for military position (cadet) - 8437 rubles.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Air Force Academy named after Professor N. E. Zhukovsky and Y. A. Gagarin, VVA
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.