- Language courses in England
- Education in England after 6,7,8,9 classes
- Examples of schools in England for admission to Russian schoolchildren
- Education in England after 10-11 classes
- Examples of educational institutions in the UK with preparatory programs
- Where to study for higher education in the UK
- Custody for children and schoolchildren
- Approximate prices for the programs
The English education system is always relevant and popular among schoolchildren and students due to its impeccable quality, effective teaching methods, observance of centuries-old traditions and regular system improvement.
- 3-5 years - preschool education
- 5-11 years - primary classes
- 11-16 years - middle classes
- 16-18 years old - Sixth form
- from 18 years of age - higher education.
In Britain, for Russian and foreign children, after the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th grades and school graduates there is a wide choice of school programs and pre-university courses.
Language courses in England
One of the main requirements for enrolling in an educational institution in the UK is a high level of English language knowledge, but do not give up the dream of getting an education abroad if the language skills are not enough.
- A large number of language courses for Russian and foreigners work on the territory of the country, and when translating from Russian to English school, students have the opportunity to bring up the English language on vacation before classes start and thus combine their studies with vacation abroad.
- If the student has already entered the school, but his level of English is not enough to understand the curriculum, in parallel with academic studies, he can attend language courses.
- After the 11th grade, school graduates enter preparatory programs in front of the university, where the intensive curriculum will already include intensive English classes.
Education in England after 6,7,8,9 classes
Anyone can study in the UK - there are a large number of international schools that accept foreign students.
After 6,7 classes, students go to secondary school , where the training is conducted in English and the curriculum includes basic subjects, the age of students from 10 to 14 years. From the age of 14 (8th grade) children study in high school, prepare for the GCSE (The General Certificate of Secondary Education) and receive a diploma attesting to secondary education.
Examples of schools in England for admission to Russian schoolchildren
- Wycliffe College (UK, Stonehouse) is a private school with a full-time or board-based form of study and accommodation, where foreign students are given loyal requirements for enrolling in primary, secondary, GCSE, A-Level , BTEC
- Westonbirt School (Great Britain, Tetbury) is one of the 25 best private schools with secondary education programs throughout England. The school provides several different programs for teaching: Main School (from 11 years), preparation for GCSE (from age 13), Sixth form (from 16 years), GCSE (9 subjects), AS-level (4 subjects) and A-level (3 subjects).
Education in England after 10-11 classes
Types of programs for preparing for university:
- The Foundation Program is designed for 1 year and helps to improve the level of English language skills and is aimed at studying core subjects. The minimum age is 17 years, for the enrollment to the course it is necessary to provide the results of the IELTS language exam and the certificate of graduation of 11 classes in Russia
- A-Level - the schoolchildren come to the program from the age of 16 and continue training for 2 years, but for those who wish there is an accelerated one-year course. Students study profiled subjects on an in-depth level, prepare to enter universities; the A-Level course is optional, but the results of the exam are required for admission to the University of Cambridge , University of Oxford , to other top universities (for example, the Russel Group) and to medical faculties of other universities
- International Baccalaureate is an international program analogous to the English A-Level program: the curriculum includes compulsory subjects and studies profound studies at an in-depth level; duration - 2 years.
Examples of educational institutions in the UK with preparatory programs
- Abbey DLD College London (Great Britain, London) is the top school for foreigners and Russians in London, a large selection of programs for students and graduates: GCSE, A-Level, BTEC, International Foundation and summer academic English
- Queen Ethelburga's College (UK, York) - a private school ranked 2nd in the ranking of senior private schools of joint A-level training in 2013. Upon admission after the 6th grade, Russian and foreign students can complete the entire study program for admission to the university: middle classes, the GCSE program, A-Level. The school of Queen Ethelburg is a very elite and prestigious educational institution
- Rossall School (UK, Fleetwood) is a private school, very popular with international students: it offers basic preparatory programs and high school education: GCSE, A-Level, International Baccalaureate, academic English courses.
Where to study for higher education in the UK
In the UK, a large number of elite and prestigious universities and colleges for higher education, and many of them occupy top positions in world rankings. It is unlikely that there will be at least one student or student willing to study abroad and who has not heard of Cambridge or Oxford universities. The London School of Economics , Manchester University and the Royal College of London are equally popular.
Custody for children and schoolchildren
Parents whose children will study in England for more than 12 weeks need to take care of their child's guardianship in advance for the duration of his stay and education. The guardian performs important functions and protects the rights and interests of the child: representation in government and schools, monitoring the child's progress, finances, assistance with appeals to medical centers, protection of rights in court or police, and other state bodies.
Approximate prices for the programs
The price of tuition for schoolchildren after 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 grades depends on the desired program, type of educational institution, rating, location, level of student preparation (because sometimes this affects the intensity and duration of classes).
Minimum prices for educational courses in England:
- primary classes - 7500 £ / year
- middle classes -18000 £ / year
- GCSE program - 7900 £ / year
- A-Level program - 7900 £ / year
- program BTEC - 7900 £ / year
- Foundation Program - starting from 7500 £ / year
- International Baccalaureate - from 8700 £ / year.