The applicants' documents are processing within 14 days. The package is submitted to the embassy by the tourist personally or by a student / schoolchild applying for a student French visa, accompanied by parents: attendance at the scheduled interview is compulsory, no delays are allowed.
The process of obtaining a visa, including a visa for study in France, type D, depends on many objective factors. Providing a full package of documents and a questionnaire filled in without errors is not a guarantee of visa processing.
Documents for a visa (including a student French visa) are submitted to the French Embassy, it is necessary to make an appointment.
The process of obtaining a visa, including a visa for studying in France type D, depends on many objective factors. Providing a full package of documents and a questionnaire filled out without errors does not guarantee a visa.
Documents for a tourist visa to France (in general, similar documents are requested for visa for study in France, type D):
1. Application form filled in the appropriate way;
2. Valid passport (the minimum period of validity is 3 months after the end of the visa). The document has special requirements: mandatory signature and at least 2 blank pages;
3. The canceled international passport (if any);
4. The second passport (valid), if any;
5. Copies of the national passport (clear, qualitative, facsimile not accepted);
6. 2 photos (actual, made no more than 6 months ago, clear, matte, colored, without ovals, on a light background, size - 3.5 * 4.5 cm);
7. Confirmation from the place of work (standard certificate on the letterhead with stamped seal);
8. Confirmation of financial solvency (statement of account);
9. Proof of accommodation (booking confirmation;
10. Copy of tickets (booking confirmation);
11. Insurance policy (original + copy), issued in accordance with the requirements of the Schengen;
For the tourist at the expense of the sponsor, students, minors and pensioners there are some more requested documents^
Sponsors provide sponsorship letter. It is accompanied by a copy of the sponsor's ID (national passport), a document confirming a relative relationship with the tourist (if available).
For minors, the package of documents excludes confirmation of employment and financial solvency. But it is supplemented by a birth certificate (copy), a notarized consent of the parents or one of them, if the child travels accompanied by another. The document is signed a maximum of one month prior to the moment of applying for a visa.
Pensioners provide a copy of the pension certificate.
Schoolchildren, students will need a certificate from their place of study.
For students, there is a special procedure for applying for a student French visa. To receive a three-month French visa, they provide to the embassy:
To obtain a long-term visa (this includes a student's French visa for 3 months or more), students are provided to the French Embassy:
The Embassy has the right to request additional documents when preparing a student's French visa. Their number and list are determined on an individual basis.
All documents, except passports, are provided complete with a translation (notarized) in French.
Documents for a visa for study in France of type D 2 are given in separate sets: copies and originals. The latter return after verification.
Lack of originals or copies, bad quality of the latter - sufficient reason for refusing a French visa.