Mon-Fri 8-17, Sat-Sun 10-16
(UK time)

The specifics of obtaining a visa to Sweden

Sweden Secondary education Boarding schools Private schools Language camps

Specific details

A visa to Sweden, like many other European countries, has its own characteristics. There is a C visa for short-term stay: it can be obtained by submitting documents to an accredited visa center. And there is a D visa and a residence permit for a long-term stay in the country.

If you intend to study in Sweden for more than three months and you are not an EU citizen, you must obtain a residence permit.

The fastest and easiest way to apply for a student residence permit is online. Online applications go directly to the Swedish Migration Agency and receive priority.

To apply for a Schengen C visa, you must submit your fingerprints. After the introduction of the VIS on September 14, 2015, a person wishing to apply for a visa to Sweden must submit biometric data (fingerprints) and a digital photo. It only takes a few minutes: biometric data can be submitted both at the Swedish Embassy in Moscow and at VFS visa centers throughout Russia.

The decision can take up to 15 calendar days (and in individual cases may be extended up to 45 calendar days) after your application has been declared admissible. The time limit for making a decision on an application only begins when it is determined that your application is admissible, and not when the application was filed by the applicant.

Callback Free course selection Online consultant