The first difference from a guest visa is the condition that you may need to have a chest x-ray and undergo a medical examination to prove your condition health. Students with full payment for the course usually do not need to provide a medical certificate.
You may also need to provide police certificates as evidence of a criminal record in the country of permanent residence.
If you are 17 years old or older and will be in New Zealand for more than 24 months (including the time you have already spent in New Zealand), you must provide police reports:
- your country (s) of citizenship
- in any country in which you have spent more than 5 years since you turned 17 years old.
To obtain a long-term visa for the purpose of education, the student is required to receive an original for admission. Your confirmation of enrollment - should include:
- your course name and course duration
- confirmation that your education will be paid by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- will your study be full-time, part-time or distance
- if your course is designed for more than one academic year, then the invitation should include the dates of all planned vacation courses
- If you are under the age of 18, confirm that your accommodation is compliant with the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students .
Site offerings should also include information that you have English language skills and academic ability to succeed in the course.
If you study several courses or one course for more than one year, you must provide evidence that you have enough money to pay for first year or year of study, as well as how you will pay for tuition in subsequent years.
Evidence may include:
- A letter from your approved provider of education indicating payment paid or that you should not pay
As for a guest visa, in the student application, you must declare that you agree to organize and purchase insurance.
- Your insurance policy must cover your trip from the date you arrive in New Zealand until the day you leave.
You can take out insurance through your education provider. If you take out your own insurance, your educational provider can provide you with more information about what your policy should cover.
How to prove that you have enough money to live in New Zealand?
- Provide proof that you have 15,000 New Zealand dollars for a full year of study or 1250 New Zealand dollars per month while in New Zealand
- documents confirming that your living expenses have been paid, for example, if you will live in a local family while studying
- If you have been studying for more than 1 year, you must provide evidence that you have enough money to support yourself during the first year, and show how you will pay for living expenses in subsequent years.
- Evidence of how you will pay in subsequent years should be money that you can access during your stay in New Zealand, such as savings or family income.
The consular fee is 330 $.
The fee for sending a passport for inserting a visa in 2019 is 1840 rubles.
90 percent of applications are processed within 3 months, if this is not a high season.