Application for a visa is provided at the visa centers. A prior appointment is not required, meanwhile in some other you MUST make an appointment prior. If there is a need for urgent registration of documents, it is recommended to register for the submission.
You can apply to a visa center in a maximum of 90 days before the trip. At the same time, the minimum period for processing a visa is 3 working days.
Validity of visa: 90 days for 6 months.
Schengen area: All Schengen States (Germany, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Portugal, Finland, Slovenia, Sweden, France, Slovakia, Netherlands, Norway, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Italy, Latvia, Denmark, Iceland, Belgium, Hungary, Austria, Greece, Spain, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Estonia).
Allowed types of entry : single, multiple.
The regular visa fee: 60 € ; The visa fee is 35 € for children between the age of 6 and below 12 years old.
Documents for visa registration:
The application form for a Schengen visa is filled in German. The application is submitted in one copy. A standard list of documents is attached to it. At the same time, the German embassy has the right to request additional information, if this is necessary when considering the application.
General required documents for a German Schengen Visa Application:
- Application for a visa, duly executed, signed (three times). It is also worth considering the nuances of the document for applicants of a certain age. For minors, the document is signed by parents or guardians;
- Passport. The validity period should be greater than the estimated date of departure from the Schengen area for a minimum of 90 days. Also, the document has other requirements: the presence of at least 2 blank pages, age - up to 10 years. The original of the passport is accompanied by a copy of the page with the personal data of the applicant;
- 2 color photos for documents, according to ICAO requirements;
- Confirmation of visa fee payment;
- Insurance policy (private medical insurance), valid in the Schengen area. The period of validity must cover the period of the trip. The minimum insurance amount is 30,000 euros (to cover possible costs for emergency hospitalization, emergency medical assistance, repatriation for medical reasons, etc.). The policy is accompanied by confirmation of payment for it.
- National passport (a copy of the completed pages).
To apply for a visa, the minor is additionally given:
- Birth certificate (copy).
- A copy of the current Schengen visa of parents or persons accompanying a minor on a trip, proof of a joint trip (hotel reservation, tickets, etc.).
- Notarized consent of parents, legal guardians, if the child travels accompanied by only one of them. If the parent (guardian) has the exclusive right to represent the interests of the child, a copy of the document confirming this right is required (judicial decision, death certificate of the second parent / guardian).
Citizens of third countries to the standard package of documents are attached:
Documents confirming legal residence in the country (visa, residence permit, etc.). They must be valid for at least 3 months after returning from the Schengen area. A confirmation of the application for the extension of these documents may also be presented.
For those who do not permanently reside on the territory of the country, it is necessary to confirm the legality of stay in the country and provide an explanation of the reasons for filing documents in country of stay, and not in the country of residence.
Additional documents for obtaining a visa
The list of such documents can vary according to the purpose of the trip.
Those traveling to Schengen for tourist purposes must submit to the embassy :
- A document confirming the place of residence (booked and paid hotel, rooms in a boarding house or any other accommodation). In the absence of a reservation, a detailed description of the trip is provided.
- Documents confirming the travel program (tour ticket, tickets, etc.). In the absence of such a detailed description of the trip is required.
- Confirmation of financial solvency: a certificate of employment, a statement of a bank account, sponsorship (a sponsorship letter must be compiled, any financial document of the sponsor, a copy of his passport with personal data), a guarantee (Verpflichtungserklärung).
- Confirmation of intention to return (ownership of real estate, etc.).
At a private visit (except visiting relatives) is given:
- Proof of the place of residence (bail, or Verpflichtungserklärung, the original of the invitation containing information about residence, other documents in accordance with the norms of German law).
- Proof of having a travel program (itinerary, ticket reservation, etc.).
- Confirmation of financial solvency (certificate of employment, bank statement, sponsorship letter , issued in accordance with the requirements of the current legislation of Germany).
- Proof of intention to return to home country (documents for real estate, family obligations, etc.).
- When visiting relatives (friends), non-residents will need confirmation of the legality of their residence in Germany.