Short university programs in Vancouver Film School - VFS
Intensive one-year theses
A year's diploma / certificate course is very intensive: in just 6-12 months, students have time to get both theoretical and practical knowledge for a successful career or career advancement. Thanks to qualified practical teachers and a wide network of partner institutions, graduates do not have problems with internship and subsequent employment.
The following variants and subjects of the course are offered:
- Acting skills, film and television actors
Professional acting education, ability to work in front of the camera, mastering the script, owning voice and body, modeling your own body language.
- Visual art and design
- Film production.
Studying all the main aspects, methods of production of gaming, short films and video:
- Video editing
- Artistic management
- History of cinema
- Make up and make-up for film and television
- Sound Design and Visual Arts
- Scenario for cinema and TV
- 3D animation and visual arts, effects.
Students study all sorts of aspects and sections of 3D animation:
- Lighting and directing
- Character development
- 3D objects modeling.
- Animation and concept art
- Classical animation
Full cycle of manufacturing of the animation product, including phonogram, detailed development of characters and all basic animation techniques.
- Digital Design
Mostly this is the animation of the characters (the course is more designed for experienced students, who have a strong portfolio). Combination of classic cartoon techniques and the latest computer technologies and techniques, scenario and cinematographic skills, flash-animation, TV advertising and even print advertising, brand promotion, websites and music video is provided.
- Game design
- Programming for games (Web & Mobile)
The dates of the beginning of courses depend on the chosen program - for convenience all courses are divided into blocks:
- Block A (3D animation and visual effects, acting skills, actors for film and television, film production, visual art and design, sound design): January 2, February 26, April 30, June 25, August 27, October 22
- Block B (classical animation, digital design, game design, make-up and make-up for film and television, screenwriting for film and television): January 2, April 30, August 27
- Block C (animation and concept art, programming and the game industry (Web & Mobile): February 26, June 25, October 22.