Intensive English in University of Arizona - Center for the Study of the English Language
Intensive English Program
- Age: 18 years (17 years old, subject to completion of secondary school)
- Level: any, from Beginning to Intermediate
- Duration: 4 weeks (short course), 8 weeks (standard)
- Dates: June 3-July 26, June 11-August 3, August 20-October 11, October 15-December 7, January 7-March 1, March 11-May 3.
An intensive English course is designed for young people aged 18 and over who have completed secondary school and are planning to enter the University of Arizona for bachelor's programs. It is not necessary to have a high level of language for participation - for this basic skills are sufficient. All levels in the IEP are aligned with the Common European Knowledge Base for Language Proficiency (CEFR): from level A1 (Beginner) to level B1 + (High Intermediate). Intensive course offers the possibility of sequential passage of levels from the first to the seventh:
- Beginning English Skills (Level 1)
- Elementary English Skills (Level 2, Level 3)
- Low Intermediate Skills (Level 4)
- Intro to Academic English (Level 5)
- Intermediate: Academic English (Level 6, Level 7).
The standard course duration is 8 weeks, the short course is 4 weeks. Classes are held in small classes and are built around work on the main sections of linguistics:
- Grammar and vocabulary
- Written speech
- Oral speech.
Lessons prepare students for development and the ability to use English for academic and professional purposes. Students receive the necessary level of skills in order to be able to switch to English courses in preparation for undergraduate and university programs. Teachers have an exceptionally high level of qualification and do their best to help students discover talents. Ultimately, students receive a broad knowledge base and significantly increase their level.
The cost of the Intensive English Program:
- 8-week course: from 2500 $.