In 1811, one of the best Belgian Universities was founded. At the moment, Ghent University is on the list of the largest and most successful schools in the Flemish region. For the long history of the university, the language used to teach it changed twice. Initially, the training was in Latin, then it was replaced by French, and already in 1930, they began to teach in Dutch. The university produces highly qualified humanitarians, as well as naturalists and technicians.
Information on the training program can be found on the official website of the school.
The most famous and advanced areas of study at the Universiteit Gent are biology and medicine. According to experts, Ghent University perfectly prepares students of nursing, veterinary medicine and psychology. According to these programs, it is considered one of the strongest educational institutions.
Programs of a humanitarian direction are quite popular among students. Particular attention should be paid to the courses of history, archeology, geography. Also, the engineering department enjoys an excellent reputation. His teachers not only give fundamental knowledge to students, but also help them to engage in research activities.
In Universiteit Gent the main research areas are: chemical technology, civil engineering, psychology and sociology of development.
All the main buildings of the educational institution are in Ghent. The library deserves special attention, which was built according to the design of the famous architect Henri van de Velde. The building itself is made in the art nouveau style. Some of the university buildings are located outside of Ghent, in Ostend and in Kortrijk.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.