UNICAF Educational Organization
Description of UNICAF Educational Organization
- Location: 12 African countries,
- Established: 2012,
- Number of students on all campuses: more than 60,000 ,
- Language of instruction: English, French,
- Type: mixed.
UNICAF is an online higher education platform providing internationally recognized bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs in various fields. The platform was created in 2012 in Europe, where its main headquarters are currently located. Initially focusing exclusively on Africa, the company has expanded its range by offering scholarships to students around the world.
UNICAF has opened a number of branches and centers in Africa: Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Egypt, Morocco, Zambia and other parts of it. Since its inception, it has enrolled more than 60,000 students, thereby providing higher education assistance to residents of relatively disadvantaged countries. The learning community has its own centers, which include digital libraries. computer labs, internet access, and generators to help students access their personal account.
Education takes place on an online platform that contains lectures, practical assignments, an academic calendar, chats with teachers and classmates, and other necessary data. Access to them is open at any time of the day and from anywhere with an Internet connection.
Faculties and colleges
UNICAF has five study areas in African countries, a total of 12 campuses with administrative offices and a main headquarters.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in UNICAF Educational Organization
Accommodation, meals, prices
The academic platform provides online learning, so it does not have residential buildings.
Activities UNICAF Educational Organization
Only a small proportion of students visit campuses, as online learning is a modern and easy way to get an education anywhere in the world. Nevertheless, extracurricular activities are often organized in the educational areas: free lectures on the development of specific skills, open seminars with invited speakers. There is also a student council that helps in many matters: from organizing holidays and gathering students to finding internships or housing nearby.
- UNICAF has a physical presence in 12 countries and plans to open branches in five more countries in the coming years,
- Cooperation with universities in the UK, USA and Africa,
- The institution is an honorary member of the United Nations Academic Impact Organization, the Association of Regional Universities of South Africa,
- Internationally recognized programs with accreditation,
- Scholarships for education at a relatively low cost.
Facilities and equipment at UNICAF Educational Organization
UNICAF has physical areas in 12 countries, most of them providing administrative assistance. At five campuses in the following countries, students can receive academic support, take advantage of self-study classes and computers, and attend lectures:
The education and assignments take place on a virtual platform (VLE), which provides round-the-clock access to educational materials and modules, communication with teachers. Some programs are available at Suffolk University, Liverpool John Moores University and other partner universities, as well as on UNICAF campuses.
Admission dates and extra charges
Online learning provides many opportunities, including a flexible schedule for completing the program – students can start their academic journey at any time by completing modules on time.
Since classes are provided remotely, students independently determine their place of residence and the costs associated with it. An approximate list of additional education costs will include only the cost of connecting to the Internet.
For admission to the programs, candidates will have to fill out an online application and provide documents, then wait for a response from the admissions committee. After the official confirmation of admission to study, the student will have access to a personal online account, where you can find academic modules and other necessary resources.
Online education is no worse than standard diplomas - graduates have qualified knowledge and skills that give them the opportunity to start a career immediately after graduation.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The requirements for admission to UNICAF online programs are not much different from the entrance criteria for regular universities. Applicants wishing to pursue a degree must provide:
- Certificate of complete secondary education / Bachelor's degree / Master's degree,
- A certificate confirming the level of proficiency in English or French, depending on the chosen program.
Scholarships UNICAF Educational Organization
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic excellence,
- Difficult financial situation,
- Country of residence – students from some countries may qualify for financial support.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about UNICAF Educational Organization
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
|- we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
|- recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.