- Education in Switzerland - hotel business and restaurant business
- Training for hotel business in Switzerland: prices, list, rating
Switzerland is the place where the hotel business and hospitality schools originated. The country annually becomes the center of attraction for thousands of Russian students and foreigners, because it is here that the best and most prestigious educational institutions of the tourism industry are located. Swiss hospitality institutes provide students from all over the world with the opportunity to obtain a quality education in the chosen industry or to improve their existing qualifications. If you would like to link your life with hospitality, restaurant business or culinary arts, choosing a place to get the necessary education is obvious.
Education in Switzerland - hotel business and restaurant business
The hospitality industry is a dynamically developing industry, and the need for new specialists does not decrease here, but on the contrary, it increases from year to year. Schools of hotel business and restaurant business for themselves choose as graduates of high schools, and the experts already having certain qualification and wishing to change it. One of the main advantages of getting education in the sphere of restaurant or hotel business is a high probability of building a dynamic career with the prospects of good earnings.
Higher schools in the restaurant business, hotel or culinary business are in different European countries, but the best of them you will find in Switzerland, the first training programs in these areas were formed right here. Educational institutions of other countries prepare their students, relying on Swiss programs, recognized as classical.
The system of obtaining education for the specialists of the hotel industry has a certain structure: the educational process in this area consists of several stages, after which the student can go to get practical experience in the workplace. Any program, whether it be restaurant business, hotel business or culinary skills, necessarily includes a theory (5-6 months) and practice (from 4 to 6 months). The second part includes paid internships in operating companies - hotels, restaurants and so on, which include such world brands as Four Seasons, Hilton, Hyatt, The Ritz-Carlton and not only. On an internship the student will receive in addition to professional experience the order 2-2.5 thousand Swiss francs. The educational structure in the hospitality industry is as follows:
- The first stage - duration 2 years, the document Diploma in Hospitality Management (actual for most areas). With this document, a young person can get into a restaurant or hotel as a manager or assistant manager
- The second stage is bachelor's degree, duration is 1-1.5 years. With a bachelor's diploma, a student can take a good position from the first days of employment with a career prospect or continue his studies at the next stage
- The third degree is master's degree, Master Degree diploma. Getting a degree makes it possible for a graduate with little work experience to initially qualify for managerial positions or quickly grow to them.
Many Swiss universities cooperate with leading companies in the sphere of hotel business and tourism and send their students to study there. By the time of the release, more than 80% of the students have received a job offer from the company where the practice was held.
In Switzerland, there are several universities of tourism and hotel business, which are among the students of Russian and foreign students:
- IHTTI School of Hotel Management . Leading Swiss Institute of Hospitality and Tourism, founded in the city of Neuchâtel in 1984. Graduates of this higher school become holders of prestigious diplomas: Swiss Higher Diploma in Hotel Management or BA Degree in International Hospitality or Tourism Management.
- Swiss Hotel Management School (SHMS) . One of the largest universities in this area in Switzerland. To train students from different countries, the university offers two campuses - one in the area of the famous resort of Montreux, the other in the city of Leysin. In one building students go through the first stage of higher education, and in the second - postgraduate and degree programs. The advantage of the high school SHMS is the issuance of double diplomas (American and British models) on some programs.
- César Ritz Colleges Switzerland . Prestigious and elite Swiss culinary school, which has three campuses in different cities - in Brig, Lucerne and Le Bouvre. Here, foreign students, like local residents, can get education not only in the field of cookery, but also improve existing professional skills in pastry courses, refresher courses and not only. Among the available educational courses is MBA in restaurant business management.
- Glion Institute of Higher Education . Another famous university for higher education in hospitality and hospitality. The high school has branches not only in Switzerland (two buildings), but also in the UK (London). The educational process is in English, and more than a hundred different qualifications and directions are offered for selection. The annual capacity of the university is more than 1500 students.
- Les Roches International School of Hotel Management . No less famous than other institutions, this university regularly falls into the top three best schools of the hotel industry around the world. Its main feature is that campuses are located in different countries - Switzerland, Spain and China - which allows students to visit several places during the study period. International University Les Roches is a recognized leader in hospitality and hotel business, so hundreds of thousands of students come here every year.
This is not the whole list of prestigious universities in Switzerland, where you can get a quality tourist education. More information you can find on our website or contact the manager of Smapse.
Training for hotel business in Switzerland: prices, list, rating
Abroad, education in the field of hotel business or restaurant management is recognized as relevant and relevant, and higher schools offering such services are located in Switzerland, then the cost of training in these schools is sufficient. Full-year full-time education at Glion, Les Roches or Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne will require around 36-40 thousand Swiss francs. Somewhat lower prices in other universities, mentioned earlier - is IHTTI and SHMS (about 29 thousand Swiss francs). Here we gave examples of expensive universities, but foreign and Russian students will also find more budget options.