- The advantages of studying in Singapore for Russian
- Up-to-date information for schoolchildren from abroad
- The system of teaching in Singapore at the school stage
- Up-to-date information for applicants to universities in Singapore
- Programs and prices of leading educational institutions in Singapore
Singapore - one of the best student countries in the world: this is the opinion of the compilers of the world-renowned QS rating. There are excellent conditions for living plus a huge amount of money invested in education, and for those who graduated in Singapore there are many options to stay and make a brilliant career. This country successfully combines the traditions of the East and the advanced ideas of the West.
The advantages of studying in Singapore for Russian
- Availability of English-language programs. There is a policy of bilingualism in the country and the emphasis is put on both the study of the mother tongue and English
- The educational institutions of Singapore are prestigious places for obtaining high-quality education. Two Singaporean universities are included in the top 20 universities of the world according to QS
- Diplomas of Singaporean educational institutions are recognized in many countries of the world, there are international programs
- The price of training is much lower than in Britain and the US
- Ability to create a flexible course: students can choose an end-to-end program that covers undergraduate and graduate education - thereby reducing the time and costs of education. You can get a second specialty, a double diploma or take a semester for exchange training in another institution.
- The simplicity of the receipt process. On the sites of the Singapore educational centers are clearly prescribed requirements for applicants, it is easy enough to assess their strengths and draw up a training plan
- Due to bilingualism, almost 80% of the population of Singapore is fluent in English, which facilitates the adaptation process. Many residents know Chinese, which is very in demand in the country. Living and studying in Singapore is a great chance to learn some of the most popular languages in the world.
Up-to-date information for schoolchildren from abroad
The Singapore system of education has undergone many reforms and today has the following characteristics:
- Bilingualism and, as a result, teaching in several languages
- Children are divided into groups according to their abilities
- The key subjects are English, mathematics and the natural sciences
- The system of technical education is one of the strongest in the world
- The country has developed and demanded independent schools, thanks to which foreigners have a large selection of schools and programs
- The importance of learning all of life is one of the values of education
- National education - the study of moral values and the history of the country
- Striving to become a major educational center of the East by attracting branches of the largest universities in the world
- The country is trying to adopt the best of the existing educational systems of the West and the East.
The system of teaching in Singapore at the school stage
This level of education is free and compulsory. The first four classes of children learn math, English and native languages (Chinese, Tamil or Malay). After the 4th grade, children are divided into groups according to their abilities, and in the 5th and 6th grade, children undergo specialization. After 6 years of school, students take the final exam and choose a further education option.
Based on the results of the Primary School Leaving Examination exam, students are assigned to different classes of secondary school:
- School education for local and foreigners can be obtained in private and public schools. When choosing a program, it is necessary to take into account plans for further education. If the child, having studied at the Singapore school for several years, is likely to return to his homeland, it is better to choose the program of his native country. For those who have moved to the country on an ongoing basis, it is advisable to consider programs of an international standard.
- Numerous positive reviews speak in favor of international schools, where children learn in the intercultural environment and where training is most often conducted in English.
- There are simplified admission rules for foreigners in the country - you can dispense with a special permit for training if you submit a certificate of support.
- The cost of training is highly dependent on the availability and the number of free places, so it is better to write to the children's school as early as possible.
Up-to-date information for applicants to universities in Singapore
- When applicants from Russia are waiting for a high competition: for foreign students there are not so many places - the country's policy adheres to the principle of nurturing specialists from the local population.
- Good knowledge of English is one of the basic requirements for applicants: English is simply necessary for successful living and adaptation, therefore it is recommended to increase the language level as early as possible. But for children and adults with zero knowledge of the language or with basic knowledge in Singapore, various language courses operate, which are calculated at a different level and age. In language schools, special courses can be selected according to the needs: for passing international examinations, business English courses or simply developing communication skills.
- According to the law, students can earn extra money while studying, but, as a rule, universities do not approve of this - vacancies for students are most often found only within the campus. If the student can find a job outside the university, then it is likely that he will receive a refusal from the administration of the educational institution: the main purpose of the student is to apply higher education knowledge, and not to earn money.
- Immediately after school, the university of Singapore will not be able to do it because of the difference in the educational systems of Russia and Singapore. Before entering it is necessary to pass a one-year course of preparation for the university, which was called "junior college".
- To get an education for more than 4 months in the country, you need a student visa, which is given in 99% of the cases out of 100. Usually the process of visa processing takes about four weeks. Conditions for obtaining a visa: a student from abroad must study at least 15 hours per week while attending 90% of classes. As a rule, the university, which receives a foreign student, provides maximum assistance in obtaining a visa.
To receive a scholarship, you must:
- The minimum level of IELTS is 7.0
- The average score in the certificate is 5.0
- Top rank in the class by grade
- In a year it is desirable to start preparing documents
5. Student visas usually cover 25-50% of the cost of training.
Programs and prices of leading educational institutions in Singapore
Language schools (summer Chinese / English, immersion in the language environment)
From 4600 $ (2 week)
London School of Business and Finance Singapore
From 1750 $ (week)
From 4000 $ (year)
London School of Business and Finance Singapore
From 16000 $ (year)