- School education in Germany for Russian
- Higher education in Germany for Russians
- Variants of programs and prices for foreigners in the leading educational institutions of Germany
The advantages of studying in German schools
- Overseas students have great career prospects, many graduates of German universities successfully find a job in their specialty
- In Germany they come from all over the world for quality education, a modern scientific base and advanced technologies. Among Russian popular directions of medicine and engineering
- Germany is a country with a developed economy, which gives it the opportunity to invest large sums in education: German companies themselves invest a lot of money into scientific development
- Many universities cooperate with large companies: students can undergo internships in organizations with a worldwide reputation. For example, the Munich Technical University cooperates with the automaker BMW
- After the cancellation of tuition fees for students from Germany and other countries, it became much easier to obtain higher education (only a mandatory service fee is paid)
- The opportunity to stay in the country after graduation. Foreign students have the right to extend the residence permit for another year and a half and during this time to find a job
- One of the principles of education in Germany is internationalization, so every year in the country more English-language programs.
School education in Germany for Russian
The German system of education is built in such a way that at school children must be disaccustomed to 13 years: this is the longest period of compulsory secondary education in Europe , and only after its completion the children receive the Abitur certificate. Therefore, school-age children from Russia who would like to study at a German university should be weaned out of high school in a German school . Options for students:
- Public schools - they are the most in the country and foreigners can study in them for free. After primary school, students should choose the type of further educational institution: real schools, general and main schools, and also professional schools. In basic and vocational schools, children are prepared to receive a specialty and master the work profession, in other types the student can apply for admission to a university after graduation.
- Private schools - programs of private schools and boarding schools do not differ from state ones, but they have a number of additional bonuses: individual approach to pupils, study of two or more foreign languages, independent choice of subjects.
For those who plan to enter the German school, it is recommended to start studying not later than the 10th grade to study in a German school for 3-4 years. Requirements for applicants:
- Knowledge of German : at the middle level and above, English - depending on the class and program
- Entry exams
- Statement of assessments for two years
- Characteristics of the student.
German private school will cost a round sum, but there is no better place to settle in a foreign country, immerse yourself in the language environment and get used to the requirements of the European system.
Higher education in Germany for Russians
As mentioned above, the German education system assumes a 13-year school education, after which students can enter the country's universities without entrance examinations. Russian schoolchildren can be disaccustomed to high school in the German school and enter a German university. Another option is to study 1-2 semesters at a domestic university or to obtain a degree at home, but it is necessary to clarify whether the diplomas of a Russian university in Germany are listed (on special websites or by contacting our manager). And one more nuance: a student who studied at a local university in a particular specialty can not choose another in Germany, only to continue studying in the chosen direction.
The third option for admission to the university is the passage of the Studienkolleg courses and the passing of examinations at the end. Studienkolleg are preparatory programs at universities, which allow to compensate for the difference in school education.
In most universities, the training is in German, but there are also English-language programs. Prior to studying at a university, an applicant must pass the TestDaF language exam , it may be necessary to provide a resume, a motivation letter and characteristics. Many directions in German universities are not subject to any restrictions. For computer science, engineering, the history of African and Asian countries, philology is usually accepted by all comers. On demanded specialties can be set quota - Numerus Clausus. If there are quotas, the average score of the certificate will play a decisive role.
The competition based on Wartesemester establishes a certain number of semesters, during which the student works as a volunteer, a nanny or travels, and at the end of the established period begins to study at a university.
Foreign students are trained free of charge in public institutions of higher education, but they must pay a student fee (a fee for a student's travel card, a commission for administrative expenses of a university, a canteen's work, the needs of a student union). Many political foundations pay scholarships that can reach 800 euros a month. One of the most popular is the German Scholarship, which pays 300 euros a month.
There are many vacancies in each university: it is easy to find a job outside the university, but you can work no more than 20 hours a week.
Variants of programs and prices for foreigners in the leading educational institutions of Germany
Examples of institutions
Rest + German / English courses on vacation
Middle classes (German)
From 24000 €
Das Deutsche Abitur
From 3200 €
From 2340 €
From 11800 €
International University of Applied Sciences
Bachelor's program in English
From 10700 €
Master's program in English
From 9500 €
From 9500 €
Short university programs
From 1500 €