- Advantages of studying in England
- Features of the training system in the UK, England
- Admission, preparation for universities in England: programs and certificates of Britain
- Programs for Russians in leading institutions in Britain
To date, study in the UK is known for its quality programs, dedication to centuries-old traditions and prestigious diplomas. British schools have an impeccable reputation, and graduates leave the warmest comments about their alma mater. However, due to the difference in educational systems on the way to entering the schools and universities of your dreams, you can have many nuances that are best solved long on the beach.
Advantages of studying in England
- English educational programs have become a benchmark for educational institutions around the world - the secret of this success lies in the modern approach to learning and respect for age-old traditions. The training system in many ways remained the same as several centuries ago, when it was studied by famous scientists and prominent politicians and writers
- A huge amount of money is invested in the education system every year to maintain it at the highest level: schools, colleges, universities are equipped with the latest technology
- Children from abroad will be able to get the necessary knowledge in an ideal academic environment: in Britain, there are many truly student campuses in which deep knowledge and cognitive interest are valued. Many dream to get to know the United Kingdom better - and Britain's schools will be a great chance to immerse themselves in English culture
- If the sense of competition with the school bench is important for the American teaching method , then in the British educational institutions there is a more friendly atmosphere, where it is easier to be, it is more comfortable to study and communicate with fellow students.
Features of the training system in the UK, England
- The British spend in private and public schools x 11 years of compulsory secondary education . Children go to school at the age of 5 and finish at 16: during this time school subjects are mastered, much attention is paid to the development of intellectual and creative qualities. The main principles of education are the education of an independent and self-sufficient person: from the school bench it is important for teachers to see the feedback of students, participate in the learning process, defend their position. There is a small number of compulsory subjects and many optional ones - thus, the students compose themselves a program.
- The school is very strict, the day is literally painted by the minute: in addition to the training sessions for the schoolchildren, there are various electives and mandatory sports training (as a rule, one or two sports students learn at a professional level). At the age of 16, the compulsory school stage ends and the children receive the GCSE certificate.
- At 16 years before the student becomes a choice: work or study. All further studies are aimed at preparing for the university and in this very different from the senior classes in Russia. Children study at the special A-Level course for two more years: English schoolchildren spend one year more in school and are engaged in a more in-depth program.
- In order for Russian school education to lead to international standards, it is necessary to take special training courses to universities or to graduate from GCSE or A-Level programs after 8,9,10 or 11 classes.
- Higher education is available in colleges, universities and universities . Graduation of university degrees is as follows: Bachelor, Master of Philosophy and Doctor of Philosophy. In the undergraduate study 3-4 years, in the magistracy and MBA courses one year, in doctoral studies - two.
Admission, preparation for universities in England: programs and certificates of Britain
For Russian students, compulsory education is one of the following preparatory programs:
1. Foundation Program - a one-year course that helps to adapt to the language environment, gain in-depth knowledge of core subjects and tighten English. Usually this program students go through the walls of universities. The main requirements for admission to the course:
- Age restrictions: over 17 years
- Granting of the certificate on the termination of 11 years of school education
- IELTS certificate (not less than 5.0).
As a result of the one-year course, the students manage to master from one to three core subjects that are necessary for admission to the university: upon successful completion of the program, admission is guaranteed, in some cases, a discount on training is possible. Within the framework of the Foundation, you can choose the preferred direction: business and finance, engineering, jurisprudence, science, and the humanities. However, recently top universities (the same Russel Group) consider this program inadequate for admission, so when selecting a Foundation, it is necessary to clarify the specific requirements of the admissions committee.
2. International Baccalaureate is an international course that is conducted under the supervision of the IBO, the official organization of the international baccalaureate. IBO is not a commercial fund and does not belong to any country. At IB develop intellectual and personal qualities, as well as social skills - training in this program opens the possibility of entering any university in the world.
3. A-level - to some extent it is the British equivalent of International Baccalaureate. For many universities, A-level and IB programs are considered compulsory.
4. The relatively new Oxbridge program, which was developed by the Cambridge commission, is gaining popularity. This course is ideal for those who intend to go to Cambridge or Oxford University.
The school certificate obtained in Russia must be translated, preferably with the help of trained people from the translation bureau. Many universities are very carefully looking at the results of past studies - a crucial score can play an average score of the certificate (GPA).
Programs for Russians in leading institutions in Britain
From 12196 £ (trimester)
From 29000 £ (year)
The A-Level Program
From 9800 £ (trimester)
From £ 18,100 (year)
From £ 18,000 (year)
Bachelor's program in English
From 3940 £ (trimester)
Master's program in English
From 5480 £ (trimester)
English courses + football (summer)
From 1998 £ (2 weeks)
Special English course
From £ 1431 (week)