- Features of study in public and private schools in England after grade 8-10
- The advantages of studying in schools in England for the Russians
- The best schools in the UK for study after the 8.9.10 grade for foreigners
When choosing a place of study for schoolchildren over 14 years old who are striving to obtain a high-quality and prestigious education abroad , England is one of the best options. This is a country with high educational standards, where traditional and innovative pedagogical approaches are effectively combined, huge amounts of money are invested in the education sphere, and the reputation is very dear, after all the training in England after the 8.9.10 class for children of 14.15, 16 years has become a brand .
Features of study in public and private schools in England after grade 8-10
Those Russian schoolchildren and their parents who have seriously thought about studying in England after the 8, 9, 10 class for children of 14,15,16 years should take into account the differences and peculiarities in the English system of education:
- Specificity of education imposes a rigid linkage of age to a certain level of education
- In the period of 14-16 years, the children continue to study in schools with a view to obtaining secondary education . But unlike the Russian educational system, English and foreigners who study in the UK, during this period enter the GCSE course , which after passing the exams will receive a certificate of the General Certificate of Secondary Education. Duration: 2 years. For foreigners after grade 8, the duration of studies will be 2 years, and after grade 9, only 1 year (but to undergo a reduced one-year course it will be necessary to demonstrate a high command of the language). For adolescents who apply for a two-year program, a small "credit" is given: it is believed that in two years the student will be able to significantly improve his knowledge of the English language .
- For admission to schoolchildren from abroad it is necessary to pass entrance examinations to study on the course. Often apart from the difficulties with the language, Russian schoolchildren are faced with the problems of passing a test in mathematics: if in Russia a student is given 5-6 tasks of increased complexity that need to be solved in 45 minutes, then in English schools he will be offered to solve up to fifty elementary tasks per hour.
- Chemists, physicists and biologists are beginning to study English from the age of 7, while Russian children get acquainted with these subjects only in the 8th grade - therefore one should expect difficulties in tests on these subjects
- This stage completes compulsory secondary education in England, and schoolchildren during this period study a fairly wide range of subjects:
- One of the principles of English learning is the freedom of choice for adolescents, therefore, in addition to two compulsory subjects, the student decides how many more subjects to study from the list listed above
At the end of the apprenticeship examinations are waiting for:
- compulsory subjects: English and mathematics
- a foreign language to choose from
- business course
- the basics of accounting
- Information Technology
- foundations of art
- English literature.
- The math exam is assessed on a scale: a basic level, intermediate and advanced. The results of the examination for the rest of the subjects are evaluated according to the AG system, where AC is the grades of a high level of knowledge, DG is a low
- The success of the exam depends on all further training: only high school students with the highest scores will be able to continue their studies at the next stage and enter the top British schools and colleges .
Training in England after the 8.9.10 class for children 14.15, 16 years is not limited to the GCSE course only. After the successful completion of the GCSE course, the children will wait for one more educational level, which is not mandatory, but is recommended for those who are going to receive higher education. Here all the training is concentrated on preparing for studies in the university . This program, A-Level, is considered one of the most effective in the whole world: the knowledge that the guys receive is really deep and thorough and, in fact, the certificate of this course will become a pass-through ticket for admission to the university.
- Children over 16years old can apply for the program
- Duration: 2 years, there is a shortened version with a duration of 1 year
- To enter the course you must provide a certificate of completion of the secondary compulsory stage, GCSE + for foreigners the certificate of passing the international IELTS exam is higher than 4.5 points
- The first year is devoted to the study of 4-5 disciplines from the list. The list for selection includes 45 items, so for the correct selection you need to familiarize yourself with the modules and characteristics. In the second year, the children study 3-4 core subjects and take exams for them.
Many universities consider those who choose classical options: English, mathematics and history. Examples of necessary subjects for admission to certain specialties:
- for admission to the Faculty of Economics, management, accounting and finance usually choose the math of all variations and economics
- for admission to the medical faculty, children stop at chemistry, biology and physics
- architectural faculties examine certificates with passed exams in physics, mathematics and art.
The advantages of studying in schools in England for the Russians
- Because of the difference in education , secondary school education will be one of the best options to pull up the knowledge of a Russian student to the level of the English educational system
- With the certificate of secondary education in England is much easier to enter the colleges and universities of the country
- 14-16 years is a good age for acquaintance and adaptation with the English learning environment. The earlier the student begins to study in local schools , the better he will prepare for academic burdens in higher education institutions, which are significantly higher than Russian ones.
The best schools in the UK for study after the 8.9.10 grade for foreigners
- Abbey College Cambridge is one of the elite institutions located in Cambridge. Most of the pupils of the school continue their studies at the famous Cambridge University. Courses GCSE (14-16 years), A-Level (16-18) are here from 29,000 pounds per year.
- Royal Russel School is the leading private boarding school in London, where the best teachers of the capital work, who strive to uncover and focus on developing the strong traits and abilities of each student. The cost of schooling will be from 11,125 pounds per term
- Sevenoaks School is a world-famous school in the county of Kent, which prides itself on its traditions and is distinguished by the spirit of freedom, attention to the education of versatile personalities. The cost of training will be from 11,493 pounds per term
- Tasis the American school England is a popular school all over the world, with branches in many European countries and a consistently high rating. The cost of training will be from 12,290 pounds per trimester.