Education in America is a great chance to get a high-quality education, which is recognized in most countries of the world, and also start building a career in an international company.
Los Angeles is the second largest city in America, known as the "city of angels." In addition to the world-famous Hollywood, this city is also famous for its scientific and educational potential. Los Angeles - this is one of the largest educational centers in the US, there are about 40 higher educational institutions. It is also known as the center of the electronic and aerospace industry. Los Angeles is famous for its success in the field of economics.
For foreign students, the advantage is the opportunity to combine instruction in a high school or university and rest. In Los Angeles, students will find a huge number of interesting attractions, museums, restaurants, shops and much more. Students will be able to stroll through the Hollywood Walk of Fame or see the famous HOLLYWOOD inscription throughout the world.
Another undoubted advantage is the mild climate and a large number of foreigners, which allows students from other countries to feel at home.
Training after grade 8.9
American students aged 15-16 years are trained in 9-10 grades of high school . For foreign students, it is possible to enter the same classes and receive an education on a par with American schoolchildren, which makes it possible to master not only the curriculum, but also to improve the level of the English language and to find friends.
Training in America usually takes place under the American High School Diploma program . This program is aimed at preparing students for admission to the university and includes the study of 6 basic disciplines. This course is aimed not only at studying the academic program, but also at improving and developing the creative, athletic, personal qualities of students. The educational program ends with a diploma of secondary education.
Also, some schools may accept other educational programs that meet all the requirements for the state's training programs.
Typically, schools make the following requirements for applicants (may vary depending on the school):
- English language is not lower than 4.5-5.0 by IELTS or 41/70 by EF test
- Report card
- References from the class teacher, teachers
- Certificates or other awards for sporting, creative or academic success.
Top 10 schools in Los Angeles:
- Los Angeles Center for Enriched Studies (Los Angeles Enrichment Research Center)
- Downtown Business High School (Downtown High School of Business)
- Francisco Bravo Medical Magnet High School (Bravo Medical Magnet School)
- Alliance Media Arts and Entertainment Design High School (School of the Media Arts Alliance and Entertainment Design)
- Alliance Gertz-Ressler Richard Merkin 6-12 Complex (School-alliance Hertz-Ressler and Richard)
- Alliance Marc and Eva Stern Math and Science (Mark and Eva Stern Alliance - Mathematics and Science)
- Alliance Dr. Olga Mohan High (Senior School "Alliance Dr Olga Mohan")
- Oscar de la Hoya Animo Charter High School (Oscar de la Hoya High School)
- Foshay Learning Center (Foshay Training Center)
- Bright Star Secondary Charter Academy (Charter Academy Bright Star).
Training after grade 10
After the 10th grade, students can enter the 11th form of the American school. Recall that in the US 12 classes, that is, after the 10th grade, students can enter the last two years of the educational program. It is during these two years that American students study the subjects of the chosen program - IB or AP.
Advanced Placement (AP) is a traditional two-year US university program. After passing the exams, students receive a diploma of full secondary education. This certificate is accepted in many countries of the world. The program is aimed at comprehensive preparation of students for admission to higher education. The peculiarity of this course is that the students pass almost the university program of the first two semesters for the chosen profession.
Another option is the international two-year program International Baccalaureate or IB Diploma , recognized throughout the world. Note, however, that this program has become less widespread in the US. This course is also aimed at improving the skills and skills required for admission to the university. Program IB has a more integrated approach to the study of selected disciplines.
Training after grade 11
Foreign students who have received a certificate of full secondary education at home can enter universities in the United States. However, many universities may require an internal test to check the academic knowledge of applicants, as well as the results of internationally recognized tests of English.
Another option is to enter a community college. After the completion of such a college, students receive a certificate of incomplete higher education, the so-called Associate Degree. This certificate gives the opportunity to go to work or continue training in the chosen specialty, moving immediately to the third course.
Top 10 universities in Los Angeles:
- University of Southern California (USC) (University of Southern California)
- University of California - Los Angeles (UCLA) (University of California Los Angeles)
- Harvey Mudd College (Harvey Mudd College)
- Claremont McKenna College (McClenn's Claremont College)
- Scripps College (College Scrips)
- Pomona College (Pomona College)
- UC Santa Barbara (University of California, Santa Barbara)
- Loyola Marymount University (Loyola Marymount University)
- Pepperdine University (University of Pepperdine)
- Pitzer College (Pitzer College).