When choosing the place of study, many applicants pay attention to the universities of European countries as a guarantee of obtaining a high-quality and demanded education. Despite the fact that from year to year the most prestigious institutions are recognized universities of the United States and Britain , other countries also have significant places and are recognized as strongholds of modern science. Education in European universities is cheaper - they receive more funding from the state and non-governmental organizations - but at the same time, much more funds are allocated to research projects in the Anglo-Saxon tradition (huge amounts are also attracted under special contracts). In terms of research positions, universities in Europe are losing a few, but bachelor's and master's degrees are represented by prestigious and quality programs - every year a large number of educational institutions in Europe fall into the ratings of the best.
The Times Higher Education (THE)
The prestigious edition and analytical center THE annually compiles and publishes a report, which is compiled as a result of painstaking and versatile work to identify and evaluate all aspects of the work and activities of educational institutions. Experts use carefully developed and constantly improving methodology, attract a huge amount of information and expert opinions. When calculating scores, the following indicators are used:
In addition to the overall rating, THE is narrower:
The best universities in Europe according to The Times Higher Education (THE) (indicated in the international ranking):
4. ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (Switzerland)
9. Karolinska Institute (Sweden)
10. LMU Munich (Germany)
11. École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (Switzerland)
12. KU Leuven (Belgium)
13. Heidelberg University (Germany)
14. Wageningen University and Research Center (The Netherlands)
15. Humboldt University of Berlin (Germany)
16. Technical University of Munich (Germany)
17. École Normale Supérieure (France)
25. Erasmus University Rotterdam (The Netherlands)
26. Free University of Berlin (Germany)
27. University of Groningen (The Netherlands)
28. University of Helsinki (Finland)
30. University of Tübingen (Germany)
32. Uppsala University (Sweden)
33. University of Copenhagen (Denmark).
As can be seen from the above data, countries such as Germany , Switzerland , Holland, France , Italy are represented by high-quality and prestigious institutions, training in which provides exceptional opportunities for growth and development.
QS World University Rankings
The well-known company Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) previously worked on ratings in conjunction with THE, but now presents its own calculations and data. Indicators include:
In addition to the overall rating, QS prepares lists for certain disciplines and areas.
The best universities in Europe according to QS World University Rankings (indicated in the international ranking):
10. ETH Zurich (Switzerland)
12. Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL) (Switzerland)
43. Ecole normale superieure, Paris (France)
54. Delft University of Technology (Holland)
58. University of Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
59. Ecole Polytechnique (France)
64. Technical University of Munich (Germany)
66. Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitat Munchen (Germany)
68. Ruprecht-Karls-Universitaet Heidelberg (Germany)
73. The University of Copenhagen (Denmark)
73. University of Zurich (Switzerland)
78. Lund University (Sweden)
98. University of Geneva (Switzerland).
US News & World Report
The prestigious American edition of US News & World Report also publishes an annual report, selecting and evaluating candidates for the most varied indicators:
This ranking also includes a number of universities in Germany, Switzerland, France, Italy and other countries.
In general, the level of higher education in Europe is very high, and everyone can find a suitable institution and specialty for themselves, get a popular and prestigious diploma. Every year more and more universities are trying to transform and expand their capabilities, expand the horizons of science and human capabilities.