Getting higher education in Canadian schools is very popular and in no way inferior to American educational institutions . Canada offers a quality and affordable English-speaking education, and, importantly, the opportunity to stay in the country after studying with a successful job placement! To date, Canada has more than one hundred universities that offer training programs for foreigners. Foreign students here are waiting for such bonuses as comfortable living in a country with a high standard of living, good scholarships and internships. The ratings of the best universities in Canada are designed to help make an important choice in education, which will determine the rest of your life. Among the existing ratings are especially popular:
- Quacquarelli Symonds is a list of the top high schools, which is compiled by a British consulting company that has been ranking universities since 2003. Important indicators in the preparation of ratings are: the role and importance of the research center of the university, the professionalism of teachers, the involvement of the institution in the internationalization of education, etc.
- The Center for World University Rankings compiles its ratings from 2012 on the basis of 8 key characteristics and takes into account such indicators as: determining the quality of educational services, career successes of graduates and the number of international awards they receive, citation, number of publications from a university per year, etc.
- The Times Higher Education - one of the most popular ratings, which is compiled by the British edition for more than 10 years. The place of this or that institution depends on many indicators: the quality of teaching, the level of dissemination of knowledge and innovations, the role of scientific discoveries, the number of Nobel Prize laureates, the quality of the material base.
Top 20 universities in Canada by The Times Higher Education
University of Toronto
University of British Columbia
University of Montreal
University of Alberta
University of Calgary
University of Ottawa
University of Waterloo
Simon Fraser Universi
University of Victoria
University of Manitoba
University of Saskatchewan
1. Leader in higher education in Canada by the Times: University of Toronto, has more than 700 bachelor's and 200 master's programs. This is the largest university in the country, the most prestigious and respected. Ten graduates of the university received the Nobel Prize.
2. The second place is deservedly occupied by the University of British Columbia, founded in 1915 and since then has never left the top three universities in Canada. Most of the teaching staff are doctors of sciences, and among the graduates of the university there are 7 Nobel laureates. To date, the university is working on urgent problems in the field of science of world significance.
3. In the leading Montreal University McGill University, which took the third place this year, trained 12 Nobel Prize winners. Scientists of the university make a great contribution in various fields: economics, biology, medicine, etc. The educational institution is distinguished by its cooperation with more than 100 research centers of the world.
4. McMaster University - the fourth best university in the world - is distinguished by the desire for innovation, is the center of attraction of young scientists, as well as artists and designers.
5. University of Montreal closes the top five universities in Canada. Montreal University - the record for the number of students: offers a quality and balanced academic courses, has a well-developed research center.
- Simon Fraser University , located in Vancouver, this year shared a place in the ranking with a number of universities: from 8 to 12-e. To date, the university offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs. Students from all over the world leave extremely positive feedback about the university as a university with the highest quality of teaching. A great popularity is in the fields of business, media, economics and accounting. At the university more than 17% of foreign students study, which is a very high indicator for Canadian universities. Students will appreciate the prices of the programs: the university offers the most affordable higher education, not yielding at the same time as educational services. The cost of training for the year will be from 15900 $ CAD.
- The University of Manitoba is in the TOP-20 and plays an important role as a research center and a center of profile institutions. Thanks to balanced, full-fledged programs, the university deservedly has a high reputation. The teaching staff is represented by qualified teachers who are following innovations and modern research. With all its merits, the University of Manitoba sets affordable prices for foreign students, and the prices for accommodation will be pleasantly surprised. The cost of studying at the university will be from 9988 $ CAD per year.