- Advantages, basic features of education in educational institutions
- Education system: main educational levels and programs
- Opportunities for Russian students
- List of the best programs and top schools in York
British methods of teaching children are so good that they have long become a unique brand of the country. Graduates of English educational institutions receive the most prestigious diplomas, which will enable them to build a brilliant career. But during the studies the students are waiting for a lot of tests and requirements, exactly the same as entering the educational institutions. Consider the main features of education and upbringing in the English city of York . York - a city in England with a rich historical and cultural past, famous for its architecture is a popular tourist center.
Advantages, basic features of education in educational institutions
- In this city are located some of the best British educational institutions: Queen Ethelburga's College , University of York , The Hull University Oncampus
- The universities of York include the best research centers in the United Kingdom, where every fifth student is a visitor from abroad
- The organization of instruction in private boarding school x is based on the principles of comprehensive development of children, as well as creating an ideal environment for improving the language level and deepening knowledge
- Diplomas of York universities are very prestigious and highly appreciated by employers
- The curriculum is based on a balanced and comprehensive development, as well as the education of responsible and creative personalities who are able to make decisions independently
- This city will be an excellent environment for the development of language skills.
Education system: main educational levels and programs
English course consists of several educational stages and has some differences from Russian. Schoolchildren finish secondary education a few years later, and the last classes of the school are aimed at in-depth study of subjects, so the knowledge of the graduates of York's schools is much higher and the chances of entering the university after the British school are much larger.
Name of certificates and diplomas
2. Preparatory school
Certificate of secondary education - GCSE
3. Senior School
4. Further Education
5. Higher Education
Diplomas of bachelor, master or PhD
2. Forms and process of training in leading schools in York
Along with the state, a large number of private boarding schools operate in York, which have a number of unconditional advantages: living in comfortable residences, finding children constantly under supervision, small classes, highly qualified personnel. Especially it is necessary to consider for Russian children international schools and colleges - they are not so strict academic atmosphere, and being close to peers from other countries will help to adapt more easily to new conditions.
Secondary education in England presupposes not only a general education in subjects, but also a definition with specialization and an in-depth study of core subjects, that is why every school curriculum pays great attention to pre-university preparation (GCSE, A-Level and IB).
3. Training programs, certificates and diplomas of British samples
- GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education) - for students after grade 8: after the completion of the two-year program, the students take the exam and receive a certificate of completion of secondary education (GCSE)
- A-level - for pupils after grade 10: they are seriously preparing to enter the best universities of the country
- IB (International Baccalaureate) is an international program that operates in more than 100 countries of the world, therefore IB diplomas are accepted almost in any university of the planet
- Foundation - a course of teaching English , improving the language skills for training in a British university (however not all universities accept with the certificate of the Foundation)
- Oxbridge Pre-U - a relatively new course, developed on the basis of Cambridge and Oxford ; the certificate of completion of the course is an advantage when entering the top universities in Britain.
Opportunities for Russian students
- Scholarships and grants. There are scholarship programs and grants in York that can seriously cover the costs of training. For example, the University of York operates the program "Global Education", which covers the costs of studying in the magistracy and graduate school in the following areas: engineering, medicine, education, management and science.
- Custody . In Britain, under the age of 18, students are required to have an official representative. Generally, private schools offer their representative as a guardian.
- For admission to the universities of York, the Russian passport is not enough - it is necessary to take special training courses to universities and pass exams.
List of the best programs and top schools in York
Average cost of training
460 £ (14 days)
Primary, Secondary Education
Queen Ethelburga's College
University of York
The Hull University Oncampus