- Advantages, basic features of the training system
- Language of instruction in Portuguese schools
- Pre-school education in Portugal
- Forms and process of education in the leading schools in Portugal
- List of the best universities, features of study in Portugal
- Admission rules for foreigners
- Opportunities for Russian students
- Programs, types of training and language requirements
Education in Portugal for schoolchildren and students opens a lot of prospects and opportunities, attracts the quality of educational services and reasonable prices. This article will tell you about the main advantages and characteristics of the educational system.
Advantages, basic features of the training system
- Here are the most prestigious and oldest universities in Europe , as well as popular business schools and polytechnic universities
- Comfortable living conditions: mild climate, picturesque mountain landscapes and numerous beaches, warm and friendly atmosphere in the country allow you to easily adapt to life abroad
- Prices and accommodation. Compared with European countries, lunch with friends, accommodation and food will be much cheaper: on average, life in Lisbon for a month will cost about 500 euros
- The ability to combine student life, travel and work: usually young people learn only in the morning, so they have plenty of time to work and rest
- The procedure for admission to universities is much simpler: in order to enroll in a university in Portugal does not require a large package of documents, often do not even need a certificate to confirm the language level. Loyalty to foreign students is manifested in the whole system of education: teachers will even react with understanding in the case of low achievement at first: Portugal does not attach much importance to formalities and gives more importance to creativity.
- Great prospects in a career: a diploma obtained in Portugal is valued in the European labor market + the very fact of Portuguese ownership can play into the hands of a job.
Language of instruction in Portuguese schools
AT Most of the educational institutions study in Portuguese, but English is also widely distributed at all levels of education in both private and public centers. In English, most business programs, as well as technical areas, are taught.
Pre-school education in Portugal
For preschool-age children, kindergartens, Jardins-de-Infância, are open, which accept children from one year. You can find both free kindergartens, and fully or partially paid. Santa Casa - this is another option for preschoolers, suggesting the hiring of a social nanny. 12 months before admission to school, children go to Pre-escola to prepare for their studies.
Forms and process of education in the leading schools in Portugal
In a single school classes are available for schoolchildren aged 6 to 15 years. The second stage of secondary school is not compulsory and involves an in-depth study of special subjects. For private visitors the most suitable are private international schools - the quality of the offered programs is not inferior to the European ones. The language of instruction can be selected (Portuguese or English), as well as a certificate (international, Portuguese or English). The schools offer the international course International Baccalaureate (IB Diploma Program), as well as programs GCSE and A-level .
List of the best universities, features of study in Portugal
Prior to 2006, Portugal had its own training system, but now it has joined the countries of the Bologna Process, and as a result, the degree system to date coincides with international standards. So, now the bachelor from abroad will not be difficult to enter the local magistracy.
- Licenciado - the course is completely similar to the bachelor's degree, where general and profile subjects are studied. In the last year of the license, it is necessary to decide whether to continue developing the next step or to get a specialty and start building a career.
- Mestre - this master's program assumes in-depth study of the chosen profile subject.
- Doutor - for those who have achieved success in scientific research, the doors of doctoral studies are open. As a rule, young scientists combine work and study, spend a lot of time in laboratories and research centers, publish their findings and observations in special academic publications. In doctoral studies there is no clear course, limited in time - the final stage of training is considered the defense of a doctoral dissertation.
Admission rules for foreigners
Each higher academic institution independently develops a list of requirements for the entrant - usually for the receipt of a school certificate. A certificate of language proficiency is not required, but applicants for the venue take the entrance examinations that can not be passed without knowing the language.
Opportunities for Russian students
- Scholarships and grants for foreigners - alas, the chance to receive a scholarship to an international student is quite low.
- Work while studying. Guys from abroad can work 20 hours during the schooling period, and on holidays unlimited in time. But it should be taken into account that the country has a high unemployment rate, and also one of the lowest hourly fees in Europe, therefore it is quite difficult to cover the costs of education. There are special student assistance centers in the country that will help you find a job. Plus the knowledge of English and Russian languages will be: in that case you can get a consultant to a store, a travel company, an administrator at a hotel, a tutor or an interpreter. Another direction for earning is successful scientific research: a university laboratory can arrange a contract with students.
- Confirmation of the certificate. Apostille is required for the Russian passport.
- After graduation, the student can extend the student visa for 6 months to find a job. Students who graduate from the faculties of science, medicine and engineering usually find jobs quickly: in Europe, diplomas of Portuguese universities are recognized by all employers, but grades in the diploma will not play a decisive role. More important recommendations from the scientific adviser and a good resume, as well as the availability of publications in prestigious scientific journals, participation in international research projects, internships in other European countries. Especially highly appreciated Portuguese diplomas in South America.
Programs, types of training and language requirements
Language and academic requirements
Average cost per year
1020 € per week
1400 € per week
High school programs
Fluente eficaz (C1)