- Advantages of studying in London
- National Education System in the UK: Programs for Russian and Foreigners
- Linguistic programs for schoolchildren and camps for children
- A list of sample prices in London for education for boarding students:
- Accommodation, leisure for children, schoolchildren, students
- Grants, scholarships for Russians and foreigners
- How to stay in London after graduation
To study in London is prestigious and interesting: boarders-students gladly combine study abroad with living in the capital of Great Britain . According to the national education system, outstanding individuals who achieved high results in life were trained.
Advantages of studying in London
- observance of traditions and high standards of education
- a large selection of programs after secondary education
- Regular introduction of innovative methods into the training system
- the possibility of receiving a grant or scholarship to cover the costs of education
- simplified procedure for obtaining work permits for university graduates
- teachers - native English speakers
- educational institutions are included in TOP lists all over the world.
National Education System in the UK: Programs for Russian and Foreigners
Stages of teaching children and students:
- 2-5 years - children receive pre-school education in children's centers (Nursery), which takes into account the characteristics of the upbringing of children, training is carried out in the game
- 5-7 years - in accordance with UK legislation, children are required to begin their education in 5 years: they enter primary school preparatory classes, and students continue compulsory education until age 18
- 7-11 years - Russian and foreigners can enter the UK primary school from the age of 7 - at this stage, the psychological readiness of children to learn allows them to learn to count, write, and read. The training program includes basic academic subjects for children and schoolchildren
- 11-14 years - middle classes : the system of training of teenagers at this age implies the study of both compulsory and specialized subjects
- 14-16 years - the final high school classes for secondary education, after which, at the age of 16, students pass the GCSE exam (The General Certificate of Secondary Education).
After receiving a certificate of secondary education GCSE in accordance with the national education system in the UK, the following options are available:
- go to college for vocational education - after completion, the graduate will have a diploma of GNVQ (General National Vocational Qualification)
- Continue schooling on a two-year A-Level program and then apply to the university for higher education.
For international students wishing to study in the UK after school, international programs have been developed:
- Foundation Program - for admission the student must already have a secondary education. The course is designed for students who do not have the experience of studying in English schools, but planning to study at the University of Great Britain. The program has two advantages: short-term (only 1 year of training) and intensity of studies. The course is available, for example, at Brunel University for children from 17 years of age.
- International Diploma Program - after completing the course, which lasts 1 year, the student has the right to apply immediately to the second year of the university. An example of an educational institution with IDP is the Royal Holloway University of London .
- International Baccalaureate is an analogue of the A-Level program, which allows you to enter universities around the world (its duration is 2 years). In addition to the main program, preparatory courses for the A-Level for children who lack the level of English are developed.
- Oxbridge Pre-U or Cambridge Pre-U - courses for admission to elite and top universities in England : students will not only receive academic knowledge, but will also learn how to successfully write an essay, take an entrance test and be interviewed on admission. The Cambridge Pre-U course is available at MPW College London , Oxbridge Pre-U course at Chelsea Independent College .
- The University Pathway Program is a preparatory program for school leavers: a number of educational institutions guarantee further admission to the university, for example, a successful completion of the INTO Foundation guarantees entry into the second year of the undergraduate program.
- International Year One is an analogue of the Foundation program, but designed for children and schoolchildren with higher academic performance. For example, after taking a course at the University of Westminste, you can transfer immediately to the second year of the university. You can apply for the International Year One program after the end of 11 classes in Russia and the Foundation / A-Level course or after the end of the first year of the Russian university.
- BTEC is considered an analogue of the International Baccalaureate and A-Level programs for children aged 15 and older, but, in contrast, they are more practical: they can be admitted to higher education institutions on a par with their certificates. The duration of the program is 2 years. The course consists of core subjects and includes a large number of research papers. You can take the course at Abbey DLD College London.
Linguistic programs for schoolchildren and camps for children
Among Russian and foreigners, language schools and London camps are no less in demand for the summer with the possibility of training in groups or individually with a teacher. Students who are already enrolled who lack the level of language skills to understand the curriculum, or students at the stage of preparation for admission to educational institutions in London, can study.
Examples of top language schools and camps:
- The OISE London School is part of an international network and teaches English to pupils over the age of 17, is in the heart of the city
- children's camp Brunel University with programs from 1 to 4 weeks for summer, spring, winter and autumn. Children from 9 years can live in the camp's residence, combine study and rest.
A list of sample prices in London for education for boarding students:
- primary school ( University College School ) = 3570 £ / term
- middle classes from 11 to 14 years ( Royal Russell School ) = 8385 £ / year
- Senior High School from 16 to 18 years (GCSE) ( Ealing Independent College ) = 15600 £ / year
- A-Level courses ( Chelsea Independent College ) = 13125 £ / year
- Foundation Program ( Katherine and Kings College of London ) = £ 4000 / trimester
- International Diploma Program ( Heythrop College University of London ) = 4750 £ / term
- International Baccalaureate ( King's College School Wimbledon ) = 6485 £ / year
- Oxbridge Pre-U ( MPW College London ) = 22750 £ / year
- University Pathway Program ( INTO Newcastle University London ) = 14995 £ / year
- International Year One (Brunel University) = 13200 £ / year
- BTEC (Abbey DLD College London) = 29000 £ / year
- Bachelor's program ( London School of Business and Finance ) = 3170 £ / term
- Master's program ( London School of Economics and Political Science ) = 5500 £ / term.
Additional programs, language courses:
- general English - language school Burlington School of English - 170 £ / 2 weeks
- preparation for exams TOEFL , IELTS - language school Burlington School of English - 170 £ / 2 weeks
- English for academic purposes - King`s College London University of London - 4000 £ / term.
Certificates of language schools in London are accepted by any international educational institution - this opens up new opportunities for students to study abroad.
Accommodation, leisure for children, schoolchildren, students
In London - the cultural center of the UK - on the feedback of graduates created a comfortable environment for both education and entertainment. The administration of educational institutions is always happy to help make an excursion program so that the student can combine study and rest in England!
- host family
- rented apartment or room
- apartment of affiliate programs
- student residence.
Schools and universities are of two types: public and private, the latter providing the opportunity to accommodate students on the campus of a school, college or institute on a full board basis. But other types of placements are also available:
Grants, scholarships for Russians and foreigners
Those wishing to study in London have the opportunity to receive grants for foreign education or scholarships - they cover the expenses of students in full or in part, and they can be obtained by a student on a bachelor's, master's or doctoral program. An indicative list of available programs implemented by funds or organizations:
- The Hill Foundation
- The Felix Scholarship
- Arts Council England
- Economic and Social Research Council and others.
Also, a large proportion of scholarships and grants are issued directly by institutions where a foreign student will study.
Russian schoolchildren and students have the opportunity to participate in the Global Education program: the Government of the Russian Federation provides social support to Russian citizens wishing to study abroad.
How to stay in London after graduation
During their studies at universities in England, students have the opportunity to work 20 hours / week (sometimes this time can be reduced to 10 hours / week), and after graduation, Russian and foreigners have the right to undergo internships within 4 months or use this time to find work full time. The Tier 2 visa is a possibility for a Russian or foreign student to stay in London for 3 years, after the expiration of this period, extend the visa for another 2 and have the opportunity to obtain a residence permit after 5 years of work in the UK.