- The Benefits of Geneva Institutions
- The educational system in Switzerland: the main educational levels and academic programs
- Types of programs in Swiss schools for foreigners
- Opportunities for Russian students in Geneva
- What programs are there for foreigners in Geneva?
An excellent option for studying abroad for Russian students and schoolchildren will be Swiss schools and universities: here one of the most high-quality programs for obtaining European education and many opportunities for invaluable experience. The international diploma, which is awarded to a graduate of Swiss universities , will allow to get a job in prestigious and highly paid jobs. When the study is combined with an acquaintance with the country, the student will receive unforgettable memories of university life.
Geneva is an important world center in which the headquarters of many international organizations are located, for example, the UN and the Red Cross.
The Benefits of Geneva Institutions
- Here a favorable academic environment has formed, many conditions for the development and acquisition of knowledge, including internships in large companies in Europe
- The application of innovative approaches in education and modern technical equipment of educational centers is an indisputable advantage of Swiss schools and universities
- The ability to learn several foreign languages - German , French , Italian or English : just as many languages in Switzerland are recognized as national
- Acquaintance with the cultural component of the city, as well as active rest at the best resorts will make your stay in Geneva rich and interesting.
The educational system in Switzerland: the main educational levels and academic programs
Features of teaching and education
Examples of educational institutions
4-6 years old
The principles of education and upbringing in the kindergarten are based on a careful attitude to the developing personality. The emphasis is on creative education. In the gardens there is a flexible schedule: parents themselves decide how long the child will stay in the kindergarten. Training is paid, but not necessary.
Compulsory secondary school education
6-12 years old
12-16 years old
For admission, no special entrance examinations are required, most importantly the readiness of children to learn. This level of education is free. In priority languages (Italian, French, German and Romansh choice) and necessarily English, physical education.
Training here is divided into two main stages: Secondaire I and Secondaire II, each takes 3-4 years.
Lessons take all day, starting from 8 am and ending at around 4:00 pm. Programs for schoolchildren are quite rich - thanks to individual learning, many achieve rapid linguistic progress in the study of languages. Maturité professionnelle - a certificate that will be received by students after the completion of the first stage of Secondaire I.
Secondaire II is not a compulsory period and is considered a preparatory stage for admission to the university. At the end of this stage, students will receive a certificate Maturité gymnasiale.
College Du Leman (primary school) = from 41500CHF per semester
French Baccalaureate = from 17000CHF
Higher educational institutions: system and methods of teaching
18-22 years old
In order to obtain a diploma of higher education, students are sent to study in academic and professional universities. Academic universities are suitable for young scientists, while those wishing to obtain practical knowledge should go to specialized universities.
IFM University Institute of Finance and Management : Bachelor's program from 8500CHF per semester
International University in Geneva : magistracy from 5200CHF per semester.
Types of programs in Swiss schools for foreigners
In Switzerland, there are a variety of programs that are built on the English, American, French or German education model.
- High school programs , we high school
- The national program of Switzerland, Matura, includes the following blocks of subjects: modern and ancient (classical) languages, natural sciences and mathematics, economics
- English GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education) and A-level programs allow you to obtain a UK-type certificate
- The American program is built according to the program of the USA High School Diploma
- The combined course, which combines the training programs of the United States and Britain (English-speaking, Anglo-American section)
- French program for schoolchildren seeking further education in France
- German program based on Abitur prepares for admission to universities in Germany
- Great demand is given to special courses that prepare visitors from abroad for admission and university life. This is a great chance to improve your knowledge and improve your language skills. Among the various programs, International Baccalaureate (IB) has proved particularly successful .
Opportunities for Russian students in Geneva
- Students from Russia can start earning money: on condition of good academic progress, the student will easily receive permission from the administration and can work up to 15 hours a week
- There are a lot of scholarship programs in Switzerland, but there are certain restrictions for those who are not from the EU. For example, not all students can qualify for educational grants, but the Russians receive educational scholarships on the condition of excellent academic performance
- The main accommodation options: in host families, in private boarding schools on campus
- Graduates of higher educational institutions can stay in the country and continue their studies on postgraduate programs or stay for six months to find a job
What programs are there for foreigners in Geneva?
Average cost per year of training
Basic level of the language
1900CHF per week
Average level of language proficiency
8500CHF per trimester
IELTS 5.5 or equivalent TOEFL
IELTS 6.5 or equivalent TOEFL