- Advantages, the main features of the English education system
- UK educational system: features of education and upbringing
- Organization of studies in universities
- Opportunities for foreigners
- What are the programs, types of training and language requirements
In England, for Russian schoolchildren and students, there are great opportunities for obtaining a good education and a prestigious diploma. England itself is an excellent environment for teaching children English , and the best teachers, trained to work with children, will make this process as effective as possible.
Advantages, the main features of the English education system
- Tribute to traditions. The training program for British institutions appears to young people almost the same as in the past centuries, when the greatest minds of mankind - Isaac Newton, Stephen Hawking, Vladimir Nabokov, Oscar Wilde and many others - studied in it. Britain is well known for its traditions and conservatism throughout the world.
- A wide range of programs and educational institutions. Despite the inherent conservatism, the educational institutions of England differ from each other and have their own characteristics. So, Cambridge University is famous for its strictness and discipline, London Metropolitan University has established itself as a dynamic and progressive university for creative youth.
- Prestigiousness of education. The result of successful study in the UK will be the receipt of an internationally recognized diploma that is highly valued all over the world and opens up limitless career prospects.
- Education of personality. In schools, colleges and universities, great importance is given to the development of a comprehensive personality with critical thinking that can take responsibility.
- High-quality programs. After completing their studies in English schools, children receive strong academic training and impeccable language skills. The diploma of an English university guarantees the acquisition of invaluable experience and the most relevant knowledge that makes graduates of higher education institutions world-class specialists.
UK educational system: features of education and upbringing
Compulsory education for children is valid between the ages of 5 and 16. In Britain, there are two systems of education: one in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, the second in Scotland. Two main types of schools are distributed: public day schools and private boarding schools . According to the age of students, there are two types of institutions: pre-school and full-cycle schools.
- In pre-school establishments, pupils are engaged in developing basic reading, writing, and game-learning skills.
- In primary school (Primary schools) children spend 6 years (from 5 to 11 years). During this period, the children pass the SATs exams twice. In addition, there are still Junior Schools for children 7 - 13 years old. Here, mathematics, English, history, geography, music, art and technology of industry are studied.
- Sredneshkolnoe education are available in several types of schools: Senior Schools (from 13 to 18 years), Secondary school (11 years), Grammar school (11 years) and schools in preparation for university (16-18 years) .Po graduating from high schools students receive a certificate of secondary education - GCSE . As for foreigners, as a rule, they enter secondary schools at the age of 11-13 years.
- After 16 years, the compulsory stage of education is finished and before teenagers there is a choice between work and the continuation of education. For those who would like to enter the university, it makes sense to pass the A-Level program - an in-depth course in the study of specialized disciplines, which presupposes a purposeful preparation for academic life.
- Colleges of further education are specialized institutions for students over 18 who have received the A-Level certificate and have chosen further professional education or study at universities.
Organization of studies in universities
There are three leading institutions in the UK: colleges, higher schools and universities.
- Bachelor's program is an elementary educational level, which usually lasts 3 years in England, Northern Ireland and Wales and 4 years in Scotland.
- Master's program - unlike other countries, master's programs and MBA are designed for one year, during which students are trained in specialization. At the end of the master's program, students take exams, but most often submit a master's thesis.
- Master of Philosophy and Doctor of Philosophy - the third stage of higher education , which is entirely devoted to research. After two years and successful defense of the thesis, a Master of Philosophy degree is awarded, after another three years of study the candidate can defend the thesis for a Ph.D.
- Scientific research is the fourth stage of higher education, as a result of which an advanced doctoral degree can be obtained.
Opportunities for foreigners
- Scholarships and grants for foreigners. In the UK, a system of scholarship incentives for students from abroad is highly developed. A foreign student can receive a high scholarship that covers most of the costs of education - of course, subject to a number of conditions.
- Work while studying. Usually, students are allowed to work no more than 20 hours a week, as well as full-time on vacation.
- Confirmation of the certificate. Because of the existing differences in the educational system of Russia and England, graduates of Russian schools must pass a special training course in Britain in order to raise the level of academic knowledge and meet the requirements of universities.
- Student visa . To receive a compulsory student visa, it is necessary to provide a package of documents: an official invitation from the university, an extract from the bank, confirming the solvency, a certificate or diploma, the original certificate of the international language examination, payment of consular fees, medical certificate of absence of tuberculosis, original and a copy of passports.
- After graduating from the university in order to stay in the country, a student from Russia needs to extend the visa. Since 2012, the post-training visa has been canceled and serious reasons are needed to stay in the country.
What are the programs, types of training and language requirements
Language and academic requirements
Average cost per year (GBP)
£ 1040 per week
£ 650 per week
High school programs
IELTS 5.0 / TOEFL ibt 70
IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL ibt 80
IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL ibt 80